Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

All of them dumb themselves down. While some of us aren't necessarily Rhodes scholars, we have some sort of smarts and can see right through them. Whether we like it or not, the main stream media is geared towards the lowest common denominator. It works overall and those who are more discerning just have to suck it up.

I used to quite like Liz Hayes. I think it was her. That was before the shows devolved quite as far into what they are now, or were four years ago.

My very favourite breakfast show though has been Get Krack!n. Now THAT was a truly excellent breakfast show... surely even Fuzz would like that one?[DOUBLEPOST=1528891423][/DOUBLEPOST]
Like Lisa did. I think 10 could have been her saving grace from the little I've seen.
I think Lisa got away with it. Somehow. Well... skill. And maybe a wee bit of luck.

Reactions: kxk
I used to quite like Liz Hayes. I think it was her. That was before the shows devolved quite as far into what they are now, or were four years ago.

My very favourite breakfast show though has been Get Krack!n. Now THAT was a truly excellent breakfast show... surely even Fuzz would like that one?[DOUBLEPOST=1528891423][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think Lisa got away with it. Somehow. Well... skill. And maybe a wee bit of luck.
Give her possible credit for seeing the writing on the wall? Much stuff we aren't privy to of course.

Some of us like to catch up with the events of the world before we go to our daily employ, as once there we don't always have the facility to do so.

All of them dumb themselves down. While some of us aren't necessarily Rhodes scholars, we have some sort of smarts and can see right through them. Whether we like it or not, the main stream media is geared towards the lowest common denominator. It works overall and those who are more discerning just have to suck it up.
Not all news programs are dumbed down. Dont have to be a Rhodes scholar to find it distasteful. Offering money to watch is more than just appealing to the lowest common denominator. Thats outright inducement and manipulation to watch in my book. But fair is fair. One has the option to discern. Im just worried and disturbed by the not so subtle coercion.
Of course just my opinion but I dont agree to how it works overall. Works as what? To get people to watch? Yes. It works. Im just questioning the methods and ethics employed. Sucking it up isnt an option for me if I see a wrong in their methodology.
I just see news and entertainment as two separate entities. Other may not. And fair enough. My concern is for the blurred line where the truth or meaning in news gets lost. Thats not a very "entertaining" thought for me.
Sorry. I'll get off the pulpit now.:p

Last edited:
Some of us like to catch up with the events of the world before we go to our daily employ, as once there we don't always have the facility to do so.
Me too. So many options out there.
I guess I just have an udder dislike for cows that can be milked for money.:)

Ploise exploin Frau Moosen. Get Krack'n? Never heard of that one. Whimsy title tho. Im now curious as to what was Krack'n;)

I never sit down to watch the news anymore.

My very favourite breakfast show though has been Get Krack!n. Now THAT was a truly excellent breakfast show... surely even Fuzz would like that one?

I did like the Katy Perry special they did.

Ploise exploin Frau Moosen. Get Krack'n? Never heard of that one. Whimsy title tho. Im now curious as to what was Krack'n;)
Oh, you don’t know? Goodness, Fuzz. ABC. Was scarily funny. Was on iview but I see it’s disappeared now. You could find a few episodes on you tube. At least a while back you could. I know because I sent the link for one to my sister. Neither of us is in Australia at the moment. And she hasn’t worked out how to circumvent the geoblocking and get iview like I have. Sneaky, huh?!

Depends 9n your sense of humor of course. Most people I showed thought it was scary funny. My boss possibly didn’t. He’s an Englishman and possibly thinks he is funnier than Australians could ever be. Oooops. Did I say that?!

I never sit down to watch the news anymore.

I did like the Katy Perry special they did.
I liked their women’s health episode. I wasn’t a huge fan of Helen Bidou. but most of their stuff was very funny. I liked their attention to detail and their little domestic vignettes, eg trying to get the lid on their pressure cooker, and how they specially designed the stairs with uneven steps so as to make them super awkward for them to navigate in their outfits.

The last episode in the series was FANTASTIC......1st they didn't give a shit and things were descending into marvellous chaos & bitching...
Because, well it was their f..k you we are off.....
..then series renewed....and they immediately turn.....into sycophants just like the parody targets...it was awesome

Oh, you don’t know? Goodness, Fuzz. ABC. Was scarily funny. Was on iview but I see it’s disappeared now. You could find a few episodes on you tube. At least a while back you could. I know because I sent the link for one to my sister. Neither of us is in Australia at the moment. And she hasn’t worked out how to circumvent the geoblocking and get iview like I have. Sneaky, huh?!

Depends 9n your sense of humor of course. Most people I showed thought it was scary funny. My boss possibly didn’t. He’s an Englishman and possibly thinks he is funnier than Australians could ever be. Oooops. Did I say that?!
Danke Frau Moosen. Will try and find an episode or two on the webs somewhere.
I hardly watch any of the regular TV channels anymore apart from the very odd exception being Masterchef so I can post live with the nutty Masterchef crew here.
Im sure Ive missed a lot of good stuff on ABC. Im a bit out of touch with regular TV.
Ive metamorphisized from a luddite into an impatient git who wants to watch things when I want to watch them and not have to wait for a designated timeslot.:p
Sounds gut tho. Will check it out.
Vielen dank.:)

OMG

We have to get rid of toady/suck up/arsehole current PM........fucking idiots

Liberal wankers today voted to dump the ABC......sell our souls NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And move our embassy to Jerusalem.......fucking bastards, following the biggest arsehole orange yank

This is seriously scary.....WTF else are they hiding???
Look out medicare, legal aid, and pesnioners they are coming for you

Back