Skip to main content

Dear Channel Nine...

OM>>Gross 9

DIMWIT
4D07C95B00000578-5819341-_You_are_very_dreamy_looking_It_s_too_much_TODAY_Show_host_Karl_-a-43_1528422520378.jpg

Apparently that is how you interview handsome men with intellect....you make dopey faces
Well....he can't think of proper questions I guess, objectify him and try to drag him down

Dr Alan Duffy.....who has charm oozing out of his delicate pores, a sexy, sexy voice, and is as handsome as any leading man
Dimwit, could not cope with all that and brains

But.......it is his HUGE BRAIN that is the most sexy thing....as we know from STARGAZING
4D07C5E400000578-5819341-_Every_time_Karl_Every_time_Square_jawed_scientist_Alan_had_a_la-a-44_1528422520640.jpg

Bozo in the blue suits gets massive amounts of coverage in the mags because he is overlooked for a Logie and has a hissy fit. He wonders why. Fool.

Reactions: kxk
I can remember when The Age was once an exceptional world class newspaper, it has been crappy for decades, still sad it is to die

The Fairfax takeover is a great pity – Nine has the ethics of an alley cat
Paul Keating
The cross-media rule gave Australia 30 years of media diversity. This merger was inevitable as soon as it was removed
The kind of merger announced today between Channel Nine and Fairfax was bound to happen the moment the cross-media legislation introduced by the Hawke government 30 years ago was suspended.

The so-called cross-media rule gave Australia 30 years of media diversity, especially between Australia’s major television networks and its capital city print.

Those barriers in the wholesaling of news underwrote diversity of opinion, guaranteeing an altogether better informed and livelier public debate.

The absence of those legislative barriers, in the media free-for-all the Turnbull government is permitting, will, because of the broadly maintained power of those outlets, result in an effective and dramatic close down in diversity and, with it, opinion.

It is true that the technology has brought myriad voices to a public eager for diversity of information. But the atomisation of web-based content, much of it other than local, cannot in terms of impact, be compared with the big local media players, particularly in consolidations of the kind announced today.

The announced takeover of Fairfax by Channel Nine will change the news landscape of Australia altogether.

Notwithstanding the obvious disruption that international platforms like Google and Facebook have made to advertising and traditional media revenues, the answer for Australia is diversity of income streams for Australia’s majors and not a closedown in news and content with major print being taken over by major television.

This is an exceptionally bad development.

Fairfax spent decades missing all the signals about the rise of the digital economy when it could have put itself in a position of relative commercial independence. That notwithstanding, the current management has, in the circumstances, done a better than reasonable job in creating income sources to allow the company to preserve its editorial independence, especially in print.

But if in the announced arrangement Channel Nine has a majority of the stock, Channel Nine will run the editorial policy.

The problem with this is that, in terms of news management, Channel Nine, for over half a century, has never other than displayed the opportunism and ethics of an alley cat.

There has been no commanding ethical or moral basis for the conduct of its news and information policy.

Through various changes of ownership, no one has lanced the carbuncle at the centre of Nine’s approach to news management. And, as sure as night follows day, that pus will inevitably leak into Fairfax.

For the country, this is a great pity.

And, of course, if the government really had its way, Australia would face this much closed down and managed landscape without an ABC as it is today – an independent national broadcaster.

On competition grounds and those of the imperative of local diversity, the competition commissioner should put this proposal under high scrutiny.

Of course, the current managements of Nine and Fairfax will scream enhanced media diversity via the web – news and views everywhere. And some of this is true.

But what the BBC says about Britain or internationally, or on the other side of the Atlantic, the likes of CNN or the New York Times, has mostly but a tangential impact in its relevance to Australia, its national interest and most particularly, its polity.

The big wholesalers of news and information in Australia have always had the dominant impact. They have been the big dogs on the block. Today’s announcement means that in future, they will operate as a pack.

The cross-media rule at least split that dominance, giving the community various streams and alternatives within which to think.

Today’s announced takeover of Fairfax by Channel Nine brings the big wholesalers back with a vengeance. And with it, were it to be permitted, a major shutting in of diversity.
This is a statement released by the Hon Paul Keating on Thursday 26 July and republished with permission.

Dr Alan Duffy.....who has charm oozing out of his delicate pores, a sexy, sexy voice, and is as handsome as any leading man
Dimwit, could not cope with all that and brains

But.......it is his HUGE BRAIN that is the most sexy thing....as we know from STARGAZING

Probably would have watched Stargazing if I saw him on it... Saw another guy and another girl though.

I can remember when The Age was once an exceptional world class newspaper, it has been crappy for decades, still sad it is to die

Yes, it’s been sad to see it slowly whither away. I can only imagine that process will accelerate now. It’s such a cultural mismatch for nine, I really can’t imagine them not wrecking it. I always thought the logical party to take over the Fairfax papers was the ABC. Politically impossible of course.

Yes, it’s been sad to see it slowly whither away. I can only imagine that process will accelerate now
Same with the Sydney Morning Herald of course. Their descent into clickbait and celebrity rubbish over the past 10 years has been scary... a total dumbing down of a once exceptional news source.

I don't know if the shareholders will approve this merger takeover, or if they do, whether the ACCC will let it happen, but I hope it can be stopped. Failing that The Guardian is pretty good, so I may become a financial supporter of them if the SMH starts churning out Channel Nine content. What a sad loss for the Australian media landscape.

i hope The Age and Sydney Morning Herald change their motto: "Independent. Always."

i was also about to post that fairfax will probably have their own Waleed Aly reporter soon enough. as in someone who reports everything that Waleed says on the project. kind of like the news corp do on their site. but since the man is already one of their columnists then I guess they don't need to worry about that. they can just have Waleed write a feelings diary every time he finishes hosting the project. then he could send it to the papers and they can print it.

win-win

.....................The Guardian is pretty good, so I may become a financial supporter of them................................

ABC, BBC,CNN and the Guardian....with a bit of Huffington are my go to for proper news and opinion articles.....I thank the heavens for each day they remain free. Guardian does great culture emails.

I like Vox. I also enjoy reading AV club for entertainment news. For the main news sites I just look at reddit and the headline links.

I don't mind sites like jezebel for a different perspective.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs................The Footy Show is dead

This lot trounced the pile of excrement that is called a show on 9
4EC89A9900000578-6021747-image-a-44_1533262577468.jpg

The Footy Show drew just 139,000 viewers in Melbourne. Meanwhile, The Front Bar (hosted by Mick Molloy, centre) had an audience of 274,000 in the Victorian capital

Good v Evil, Sam and Mick's quirky little show, probably costs very little and triumphs, it is quite funny
I don't like footy, but I love Sam and watch bits for him alone

Just goes to show that you can still be blokey and funny without resorting to sexism and racism, and diatribes about “political correctness”.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs................The Footy Show is dead

This lot trounced the pile of excrement that is called a show on 9
4EC89A9900000578-6021747-image-a-44_1533262577468.jpg

The Footy Show drew just 139,000 viewers in Melbourne. Meanwhile, The Front Bar (hosted by Mick Molloy, centre) had an audience of 274,000 in the Victorian capital

Good v Evil, Sam and Mick's quirky little show, probably costs very little and triumphs, it is quite funny
I don't like footy, but I love Sam and watch bits for him alone
This show is great. Refreshing after the other show. I'll watch the NRL footy show before I'll watch the AFL one. Has anyone ever seen the show 'Bob'? I think it's on Fox Footy. I've seen one episode and quite enjoyed it.

(GBR stands for great barrier reef)

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...m/news-story/1f54ab2ab358d210d7a4d0b2d9ac015e

Bill Shorten has described Malcolm Turnbull’s “captain’s call” to give almost half a billion dollars in federal funding to the corporate-funded Great Barrier Reef Foundation without any tender process, as a “developing scandal”, saying the Prime Minister has questions to answer.

The Labor leader’s comments came after Mr Turnbull defended the decision, saying the government is proud of its investment in the health of the reef.

A Senate inquiry this week heard that the small not-for-profit environmental organisation which is otherwise funded by corporate entities including mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Orica received the $444.38 million grant following a private meeting in April between Mr Turnbull, Environment Minister Josh Frydenberg and foundation chair John Schubert.

https://kangaroocourtofaustralia.co...defending-malcom-turnbulls-444-million-fraud/

Nine’s Karl Stefanovic has come to Turnbull’s defence on Twitter defending the deal while knowingly concealing that the Great Barrier Reef Foundation is a sponsor of Channel 9.

Is it possible? 9's Block audience is squirming.......backlash on twitter below
I hope and pray this may be their last Melbourne gig, and the whole stinking show dies an evil death......
I expect a past tenant will likely torch it sometime

I used to do outreach at the Gatwick......it was ugly inside but not as dire as some make out, people there were a community
I doubt the significance of the Gatwick is in any way appreciated by TV wankers

4EE94F5A00000578-0-image-a-5_1533680430040.jpg

4EE94F6600000578-0-image-a-2_1533680390567.jpg

4EE94F5E00000578-6037349-image-a-16_1533688290291.jpg

4EE94F4A00000578-0-image-a-8_1533680489858.jpg

Dear channel 9,

Maybe just possibly when the current repeats of Star Trek TNG are over once more, we NOT go back to watching Voyager once again, but instead get to see DS9 this time?...

Yeah ok ok, I'm a Trekkie...

They will not cancel The Block. Ratings are too good for it to be cancelled.

No I don't expect they will, but it is nice to see the entire audience is not tone deaf.....

I do expect to see violence and sabotage...9 are stupid, they do not understand the significance of this building and what they are doing to this neighbourhood.
People who lived there for decades and have nothing to lose will attack at some stage, 9 had better have 24/7 security

Back