Skip to main content

Dear Channel Nine...

karl is part of the channel nine boys club. he'll be fine. no worries for him.

...that's so true reepbot but sometimes... just sometimes... even Channel 9's 'old boys club' cannot protect their 'precious ones'... when that article comes out in that magazine the potential adverse reaction this time may tip the balance and he will get his 'come uppence' methinks!... at least I hope so anyway... lol!... cheers.

I don't watch the show anymore. I used to watch Sunrise waaaay back in the day (as in early in the 21st century) but Kochie turned me off and I went to Today. Stiffy put me off as well Lisa dumbing herself down and now I watch The ABC with Virginia et al. Much better. However, when I get home from nights in the morning, I'll have to put it on to see if it's uncomfortable. I'd be feeling a tad uncomfortable if I was Sylvia as her husband was one of the main players. Lisa should be watching this play out with a very close eye I'd imagine. I've always liked Lisa and Georgie and felt that they both dumbed themselves down to appease the maleness of everyone else, which was frustrating to watch. Hopefully Georgie will deal with it with grace and dignity and let the men know that she's unimpressed, if indeed she is.

Last edited:

...that's a great article that you posted there reepbot... thanks for posting it my friend... there were a few things that stuck out for me when it says...

But the tide has turned. Stefanovic’s wholesome, professional and family man image has been tarnished. He’s looking like a liability.

...I thought that it had quite a long time ago myself but now that the Media are saying it then perhaps it really has at last?...

the blow to the reputations of Karl and younger brother and Nine stablemate, Peter, may well be the moment brand Stefanovic jumps the shark.

...I can only hope so is all that I can say...

Industry insiders say Nine needs to call time on the perception brand Stefanovic goes unquestioned at the network, if it seriously wants to shed its image as a “boys’ club”, and restore the tarnished Today show.

...yet again... with the Media mentioning the legendary 'boys club' (that we all knew existed) perhaps this time Channel 9 may seriously have to start doing something 'solid' to disband this 'myth' after such a long time of it's so-called 'secrecy'... it's a disgusting secret that needs to end...

Nine may no longer be prepared to brazen out the bad publicity.
Insiders say Nine bosses, are just about out of patience, and the star may be out of protectors.

...this sounds really ominous for him and his brother now... hopefully it is 'bye bye Stiffynodick' at last?... I personally can only hope
that it finally is... the moronic pig needs to go... oh!... and by the way... Channel 9 I still hate your guts!... cheers. :mad::punch::rage:

i kind of feel stefanovic will be ok over the uber business. it'll drift awayyyy. besides, the criticism i read from the mouth of karl was constructive. if she wants to work on today then maybe she should take his complaints on board and improve herself.

yes, karl has his faults. but being honest about someone shouldn't be one of them.

i used to watch sunrise. david koch was ok as long as he didn't go on any certain subjects.

i also watched a bit of abc morning show. i never liked Virginia. she always struck me as a bit of a bitch. and i'm right about that sort of thing. i have a highly tuned bitch sensor.

I don't watch the show anymore. I used to watch Sunrise waaaay back in the day (as in early in the 21st century) but Kochie turned me off and I went to Today. Stiffy put me off as well Lisa dumbing herself down and now I watch The ABC with Virginia et al. Much better. However, when I get home from nights in the morning, I'll have to put it on to see if it's uncomfortable. I'd be feeling a tad uncomfortable if I was Sylvia as her husband was one of the main players. Lisa should be watching this play out with a very close eye I'd imagine. I've always liked Lisa and Georgie and felt that they both dumbed themselves down to appease the maleness of everyone else, which was frustrating to watch. Hopefully Georgie will deal with it with grace and dignity and let the men know that she's unimpressed, if indeed she is.
I can’t watch Kochie either. He is just toooooo annoying. And I like Lisa a lot but yes, she could do more I thought, than the double act with Karl on Today. She was fun, but I agree she did seem to dumb herself down a bit.

I actually really used to like Liz Hayes before Lisa. Haven’t seen Lisa since she (and I) moved.

Karl isn’t as annoying as Kochie, but I agree, the abc is the best of the bunch.

Reactions: kxk
Dear Channel 9,

The pathetic excuse for a television show that is A Current Affair makes me want to cry. Not in the sad, Tracey Grimshaw, deep piano music type of way, just the cringe cry type

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...y/news-story/a0a6b861b8bc6540667b332757261880

Today host slams decision to release new Avengers film on ANZAC Day
KARL Stefanovic unleashed a savage rant after a decision to change the release date of the new Avengers film to Australia’s “most important day”.

6a5a0f1b6c48e10bd56cf1847eae91da

THERE are many ways you can pay your respects to the Diggers this Anzac Day, but

Karl Stefanovic believes munching on a choc-top and watching superheroes on the big screen is not one of them.

In a savage tirade on Today this morning, the breakfast show host took aim at Event Cinemas in particular for moving the release date of the highly-anticipated Avengers: Infinity War to the solemn national holiday.

“I have an angry face emoji,” he said. “There might be some legitimate reason why the ‘Avengers’ is opening on Anzac Day, but I haven’t seen it.

“Films traditionally in this country open on a Thursday, that is when Dickie has his movie review. Everyone knows it.

“Well, Event Cinemas bringing the release a day early smacks, to me, of a grubby cash grab. Well, grab your cash somewhere else, exploit another day.

“Not on what I believe is the most important day on our nation’s calendar. How on earth are our kids supposed to breathe in the significance of Anzac Day, the sacrifices, the great sacrifices, the impact on our nation, on our families?

“Pretty hard to do with a $25 popcorn and choc-top, I would have thought. I don’t think so.”

He called on parents to boycott the film for that day and instead take their children to a Dawn Service.

“It is on parents, take your kids to the Dawn Service, take them to the War Memorial in Canberra, take them to your local Cenotaph, look at the names.

“The Diggers who died, Diggers not much older than them. For who? For us. I might be a wowzer, but please keep this day sacred.

“I love Thor, but let’s remember and respect what Anzac Day is really for.”

The Australia Defence Association is also furious about the release date.

“It’s bad taste to exploit the public holiday in this way,” said a spokesman for the group which represents war veterans.

It comes after a “distasteful” video game tournament at Sydney RSL had to be cancelled after an angry backlash.

Castle Hill RSL was due to hold a Call of Duty WWII tournament on May 8 but was forced to can the idea following complaints to Minister for Veterans’ Affairs David Elliot who called it “distasteful” and “inappropriate”.

Those due to take part in the tournament were competing for $300 prize money, just two weeks after Anzac Day.

Speaking to the ABC, Mr Elliot said he has never played the game but said the tournament was “distasteful” and “inappropriate” and he raised the issue following complaints from veterans.

“In this case, Castle Hill RSL is offering up to $300 in prize money if you kill enough people,” he said.

“I do think promoting war as entertainment a week after Anzac Day, in front of veterans and war widows is probably just stepping over the line.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now i'm no fan of these super hero films, but i would never stop anyone from going to see them. nor would i think that a movie should move just because it falls on a day that has become quite frankly more a showcase of national jingoism and xenophobia.

the fact that karl has appointed himself the moral police is laughable, especially considering his recent history. having a random movie on does in no way affect the significance of the day. to try and use ANZAC day to promote your own morals is even more disgraceful and it's something that i've noticed happening a lot.

but i do agree that the game thing in the rsl club was distasteful. so much so that it must have been on purpose to promote the game.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...y/news-story/a0a6b861b8bc6540667b332757261880

now i'm no fan of these super hero films, but i would never stop anyone from going to see them. nor would i think that a movie should move just because it falls on a day that has become quite frankly more a showcase of national jingoism and xenophobia.

the fact that karl has appointed himself the moral police is laughable, especially considering his recent history. having a random movie on does in no way affect the significance of the day. to try and use ANZAC day to promote your own morals is even more disgraceful and it's something that i've noticed happening a lot.

but i do agree that the game thing in the rsl club was distasteful. so much so that it must have been on purpose to promote the game.

...I agree with you reepbot... the mere fact that Karl Stiffynodick still thinks that he has any shred of credibility or significance within the world of Television is the sign of a deluded simpleton... he has no credibility... his opinion means absolutely nothing whatsoever... here he is preaching his morals and he just looks plain stupid... the sooner that he realises that his 'glory days' are over as a supposed 'serious journalist' the less injury his massive ego will take when he finally gets that 'tap on the shoulder' from the head parasite at Channel 9 when the day eventually comes... what a twonk!... and... by the way... Channel 9 I still hate your guts!... cheers. :mad::punch::rage:

WTF
F...off wankers on 9 & 7, utterly unbearable TV they produce, and scummy climate on both
ANZAC day has become weird

I grew up in an anti war era, with a father suffering from PTSD like most everyone else I knew. All of our Dad's were a bit damaged, and never spoke of what they went through.
My Dad finally went to an RSL club when he was 80, he hated anything to do with war even RSL clubs.
ANZAC day was likely to be about protests mostly back then.

Oh and I bet Today broadcasts on 25th & behaves exactly the same shallow way as always.
Seriously, take a break and serve up actual morning news instead if you want anyone to take your bullshit seriously.

WTF
F...off wankers on 9 & 7, utterly unbearable TV they produce, and scummy climate on both
ANZAC day has become weird

I grew up in an anti war era, with a father suffering from PTSD like most everyone else I knew. All of our Dad's were a bit damaged, and never spoke of what they went through.
My Dad finally went to an RSL club when he was 80, he hated anything to do with war even RSL clubs.
ANZAC day was likely to be about protests mostly back then.

Oh and I bet Today broadcasts on 25th & behaves exactly the same shallow way as always.
Seriously, take a break and serve up actual morning news instead if you want anyone to take your bullshit seriously.

...haha!... I so love it when you fly off in a rant kxk... there's always so much passion in it lol!... (great rant by the way my friend... you made me proud!)... cheers.

didn't john howard push all this nationalist nonsense with anzac day?

...yes I think he did now that I think of it... you may be right reepbot... and as kxk said... "All of our Dad's were a bit damaged, and never spoke of what they went through"... she is right... my dad was in the British Army in WWII as a motorbike dispatch rider... he had seen all the horrors of War first hand throughout France/Germany/Holland/Belgium and Africa just to name a few... he rarely spoke of the war and hated 'Anzac Day' in Australia and 'Remembrance Day' in England each year...

...he always came close to crying whenever he heard the 'Last Post' played... he even hated Hospitals and refused to ever go to one unless I basically forced him... one day I asked him as to why he hated Hospitals so much... he bluntly said to me "because so many of my mates went into them in WWII and most times most of them never came out of them... that's why!"... I just shut up and never asked again...

...so to my dad at least... Anzac Day was always just full of bad memories to him and he couldn't understand as to why people 'made a big fuss of a War' of so many years ago... he used to say... "I wish that they would just shut up about it"... or words to that effect... he had all of his old enlistment papers and Army papers and documents secreted away with some medals too along with his old WWII war helmet too believe it or not... when mum asked him what he was going to do with all of that stuff I asked him if I could have them... he reluctantly agreed to give them to me... what he wasn't aware of was that I framed all of his medals and ribbons along with all of his war documentation into frames and hung them in my Bar Room (old bedroom)...

...when he next visited my house I took him into the Bar Room to have a couple of drinks with him (as we did on many occasions) and he was gobsmacked at what I had done lol!... (I expected him to get shitty about it to be honest)... he was the total opposite in fact... he felt like what he had been through was 'appreciated' by me and was quite humbled by it... I guess that he felt that a private tribute was really nice on my behalf but with the nationwide Anzac tributes and constant reminders of it all was just a bit too much for him...

...so when parasitic fucksticks like Stefanovic get on their moral bandwagons and try to garner support for furthering their 'careers' on national TV by lassoing onto something like Anzac Day then people like my dad would most likely be turning in their graves at what Stefanovic has done... and for that similar reason for me... all I can say is ... "shut the fuck up with talking about the War that you had no part in whatsoever and stop grandstanding with other peoples past memories you imbecile!"... Stefanovic is a parasite... he needs to just... just... go away and never be seen again... and as always... Channel 9 I still hate your guts!... cheers. :mad::punch::rage:.

Back