Skip to main content

Episode Day 64 (10/11/14) Daily show

Damn it! Travis is the new HoH. You can see him wearing the golden HoH thing around his neck on the BB preview clip for tonight.
This is why I read the spoilers - coz the production team do nuffin to keep stuff secret :) Putting up promo's with the HM wearing the golden lanyard is somewhat of a give away :p

Whatt @the Theorist ?
I love this task! One of my favs
My problem is that the weekly tasks are virtually on rotation nowadays. They keep doing the exact same things (seemingly for "entertainment value" only) every single year. Albeit a few exceptions, they've churned out the majority of the same tasks in all three years now since being on Channel 9. It's really unoriginal and shows a complete lack of care and creativity for the show.

I agree, this is a brilliant task, but no need to re-do it over and over again with slight tweaks.

As for this year's version of it, don't get me wrong I do (or did) like the rewind/fast forward aspect but then they completely lost me when I read that "a group of Dreamworld tourists" enter during one of the Pause moments. Why does that frustrate?
  1. It's practically the same as the previous two years when the Japanese students/school kids entered, which brings me back to my aforementioned point about unoriginality and repetitiveness.

2. Outside knowledge! The “Pride of the Gold Coast” comment made by the "tourists", whether said in jest or not, is giving the HM's preconceived ideas about one another, as evident in the fact that Skye oh so happens to be "over the moon" by what she heard (not to mention that she is one HM who really does not need anymore preconceived notions of how she is being received on the outside going to her head).

3. The idea of the Big Brother weekly tasks is to challenge the HM's, both mentally and physically depending on what they are asked to achieve, and they used to require a lot of team work. The whole point of the tasks is that if they fail they must live on very rationed staples for a week as a result, which is another problem I have with Big Brother in that even when they fail a task now it doesn't seem like they are suffering from the lack of food at all. I keep seeing them eating/receiving luxuries, etc, after they've failed a task which defeats the entire purpose and intention of weekly tasks in the first place.
I know we kinda accepted this fact a long time ago but Big Brother really is nothing more than a mind-numbing exercise now with no real freshness or new ideas taking form at all, when in fact it used to be quite the opposite. That's all I'm saying.

No

Rides are fun
Rides "end" after a few mins
Rides: You need to be THIS tall to ride; which doesn't help Skye - who- without doubt, was on her knees before the audition process, during & will be afterward.
Rides cost around $10 - $20, Skye couldn't command that kinda cheddar per go, even with new tits

Alas, Skye is taking us all for a ride, nationwide, and is in no doubt top 2 contention to pull this off in 2014.

Then she can pull me off

2,014 times
Haha you're so weird. I love it

Back