Skip to main content

Episode Day 40 (Fri 6 Sept 2013) - Daily Show (30 minutes)

I liked seeing Tim & Ben's religion discussion. It was good to see more of an in-depth conversation in a daily show.

There was nothing in-depth about it. He collected crosses and/or crucifixes. We don't know why. Tim doesn't even know why. Ben thought it was stupid.

It was one of four lame things Tim did during that episode.

2 more things...

4. I have somehow now got oats a la Layla AND hotpants songs in my head, thanks very much to those who posted about it.

5. I remember from the live feeds that Tim said he did a couple of years of Bible College. That doesn't actually even mean he planned to be a pastor. Many people do Bible College for their own development, or perhaps be considered being a missionary or something. Who knows.

I have somehow now got oats a la Layla AND hotpants songs in my head, thanks very much to those who posted about it.

I posted that I didn't want thanks for the oats a la Layla clip.

I am now so embarrassed.
bth_smiley_embarrassed.jpg

Thank you for your thanks.

Exactly heaps of people just like the look! That's why I totally disagree with what Ben was saying, I don't have a problem with people wearing or tattooing themselves with a rosary. I mean it's sure as hell easier than actually saying the rosary!

I'm an atheist and although I do like the look when it's worn as fashion, I can't bring myself to wear it because it feels wrong so I understand where Ben is coming from. But then again maybe it's just me being the totally stubborn and anti-Christianity person that I am

I'm an atheist and although I do like the look when it's worn as fashion, I can't bring myself to wear it because it feels wrong so I understand where Ben is coming from. But then again maybe it's just me being the totally stubborn and anti-Christianity person that I am

To me its sound like you're far from anti-Christian, in fact to me it seems like you probably feel weird wearing it because you understand and respect the religious connotations of it. Which is an entirely mature and enlightened way to see it.

I just don't think Christians ought to be so offended about someone choosing to wear it after all its just an icon! (strange for a Catholic to say, I know, but technically I'm lapsed :p)

To me its sound like you're far from anti-Christian, in fact to me it seems like you probably feel weird wearing it because you understand and respect the religious connotations of it. Which is an entirely mature and enlightened way to see it.

I just don't think Christians ought to be so offended about someone choosing to wear it after all its just an icon! (strange for a Catholic to say, I know, but technically I'm lapsed :p)

But only technically...

Barely 15 minutes of action and they really felt Tim and Drew's magic show was worth the airtime and the only task was for product placement. Agree though the Ben and Tim conversation was good.

remember in season one people hired a plane with a banner to fly over saying stuff? maybe we should do that with "Tully you're dropped mole" and see what happens??
I think we all know what would happen - tears before bedtime. Lunch time. Dinner time. Breakfast time. Any time.

From what we've seen from Tahlia so far I think she'd probably like to have that conversation with Tully herself - they'd probably just give Tully a heads up that Tahlia isn't there and leave it at that.

The only complaint I have from last night is …..I wanted more! If you haven’t watched the show ignore 95% of the (negative) comments in here and decide for yourself…It was certainly better than nothing which is what we get until Monday and what we’ll get next year perhaps if not for the product placement ( so let’s not comment too harshly on these! Or let such a minor inconvenience ruin our perception and enjoyment of the show!).

The green hair was good, the magic show was good, the battle of the bands hmmm the clips/singing were a bit cringe worthy but the HMs enjoyed it atleast, I prefer the Oats al la layla (which is now stuck in my head! Thanks posters!!) because it was a HM initiative that was then produced rather than a producers idea. And the cuddles left me…..intrigued….showmances don’t always work be careful Timmy. The wearing of crosses was interesting I understand where ben is coming from, although non-religious people wearing them doesn’t annoy me as such ( for all I know they believe in Vampires and are just protecting themselves!) I wouldn’t do it as a non-believer ( there’s enough evidence to suggest evolution……maybe Tully was grooming drew?)

i don't know why anybody would yell such a thing out or want to tell tully anything...that's being a little too invested...how do you break up with someone elses partner...weird.

Barely 15 minutes of action and they really felt Tim and Drew's magic show was worth the airtime and the only task was for product placement. Agree though the Ben and Tim conversation was good.
They obviously want Ben, Drew and Tim to gets save votes. Tahan, Tully and Heidi did not get much air time.

Yeah I did enjoy that conversation between Tim and Ben. I found Tim's point about Ben being a tad hypocritical because he is an atheist but he thinks it wrong that someone wore the cross as fashion interesting. It is a good point I guess. If you are an atheist and don't believe in Christianity than you should have no problem with someone wearing a cross for non-religious reasons because the cross does not represent Christ.

Do the producers really think anyone actually gives a shit about Ben pulling out his eyelashes and wearing his pyjamas all day? 10 housemates, 15 minutes of air time and that's what we get?! #BORING

Apart from the task result, the rest of the show was like watching a repeat, since it was all on Thursday's live feed

If only you knew me :p I'm very much anti-Christian and to be honest I think the reason why I don't wear crosses is because I don't want to be mistaken for a Christian. I'm that ashamed of the whole religion and the way they live (no offence to anyone who may be Christian)

Do the producers really think anyone actually gives a shit about Ben pulling out his eyelashes and wearing his pyjamas all day? 10 housemates, 15 minutes of air time and that's what we get?! #BORING

Apart from the task result, the rest of the show was like watching a repeat, since it was all on Thursday's live feed

HMM i hate how they show the episodes based entirely (almost) around the live feeds............... give us new content damnit!

Back