Skip to main content

Episode Day 40 (Fri 6 Sept 2013) - Daily Show (30 minutes)

If only you knew me :p I'm very much anti-Christian and to be honest I think the reason why I don't wear crosses is because I don't want to be mistaken for a Christian. I'm that ashamed of the whole religion and the way they live (no offence to anyone who may be Christian)

I feel the same too. Apart from this chat it was a bloody weak episode. I was recording it and it didn't even go the full 30 mins ffs!

What was the point of Tim showing Ben his cross collection? Thanks to Mike Goldman for the voiceover telling us about Tim's religious training. Did Tim drop out or was he thrown out? Does he still hold religious beliefs? From last night's episode, I really can't tell what Tim's religious beliefs are. All I could tell from that episode was that Ben is an atheist, and that he thinks Tim's cross collection is a crock of shit, but he was too polite to say so.

I got the sense that Tim was using his cross collection to get Ben involved in some kind of religious discussion, to test his religious beliefs, and see if he was a suitable subject for religious recruitment. Or maybe Tim was cynically using his knowledge of religious recruitment to see if he could manipulate Ben into being some kind of strategic ally within the house, or to see if Ben could be as easily manipulated as your typical religious believer is. In any case I got the same sense of creepiness with Tim's presentation that I get around religious types who use all types of devious techniques to test and identify potential religious recruits. Notice how Ben says he believes Jesus was crucified but he doesn't believe in the resurrection or ascent to heaven, and that Tim echoed Ben's beliefs with the same thing. In other words, Tim may have changed his beliefs to coincide with what Ben had just said. Then came the slow religious pitch. Tim made the supposition that God existed when he said something like, "God doesn't care whether people wear crucifixes or not." The clip cut off there and we didn't get to see Ben's reaction, and whether he challenged the idea that God existed at all. But when Tim mentioned God, all kinds of alarm bells went off in my head.

My hope out of all this is that Ben goes to the other HMs and tells them about his weird experience with Tim and his cross collection. Do the other HMs know about it? What do they think of it? Has Tim told anyone else in the house about it? Why did he choose Ben as the first person to disclosed it to? Why? Why? Why?

Some are saying that his relationship with Lucy could be his undoing, but I am seeing this religious revelation as a greater cause for concern.

What was the point of Tim showing Ben his cross collection? Thanks to Mike Goldman for the voiceover telling us about Tim's religious training. Did Tim drop out or was he thrown out? Does he still hold religious beliefs? From last night's episode, I really can't tell what Tim's religious beliefs are. All I could tell from that episode was that Ben is an atheist, and that he thinks Tim's cross collection is a crock of shit, but he was too polite to say so.

I got the sense that Tim was using his cross collection to get Ben involved in some kind of religious discussion, to test his religious beliefs, and see if he was a suitable subject for religious recruitment. Or maybe Tim was cynically using his knowledge of religious recruitment to see if he could manipulate Ben into being some kind of strategic ally within the house, or to see if Ben could be as easily manipulated as your typical religious believer is. In any case I got the same sense of creepiness with Tim's presentation that I get around religious types who use all types of devious techniques to test and identify potential religious recruits. Notice how Ben says he believes Jesus was crucified but he doesn't believe in the resurrection or ascent to heaven, and that Tim echoed Ben's beliefs with the same thing. In other words, Tim may have changed his beliefs to coincide with what Ben had just said. Then came the slow religious pitch. Tim made the supposition that God existed when he said something like, "God doesn't care whether people wear crucifixes or not." The clip cut off there and we didn't get to see Ben's reaction, and whether he challenged the idea that God existed at all. But when Tim mentioned God, all kinds of alarm bells went off in my head.

My hope out of all this is that Ben goes to the other HMs and tells them about his weird experience with Tim and his cross collection. Do the other HMs know about it? What do they think of it? Has Tim told anyone else in the house about it? Why did he choose Ben as the first person to disclosed it to? Why? Why? Why?

Some are saying that his relationship with Lucy could be his undoing, but I am seeing this religious revelation as a greater cause for concern.
I think he's spiritual.

Seriously.....???

I think most likely Tim was sorting out his chains and shit and Ben walked in for a look/chat.......wow...I felt that creepiness to....reading your post!:confused:

wow you have a lot of faith in tim...all this from that little conversation

Na not just from that conversation, just general observation from past one month. Could be wrong though.

Na not just from that conversation, just general observation from past one month. Could be wrong though.

1member1 i edited my post at the exact time you posted this...sorry i didn't mean to quote you i was replying to the post before yours :)

I think he's spiritual.

That's a meaningless statement.

I'm now watching the repeats on Go, and it's up to the part where Tahan throws Tim's jacket over the fence. This was supposed to be his most prized possession, but from last night we know about his cross collection, so what possibilities does this open up for Tahan and the other HMs?

Well, 24 hours later ... maybe Tim can lend a chain or two to Tony. /Sigh. No frickin hope of a live stream now... =/

I remember Ben stating he was going to live in his PJ's for most of the time...

I bet he's changed his mind about that, I live in SE Qld & its extremely warmish today, I'm sweating in shorts 'n T-shirt.. It's been warm for a few days & will continue to be...

Sometimes I wonder if silkworm has any shred of happiness in his life. Clearly watches the show, but I can't tell if it's actual delusion or trolling... but either way spends too much time coming on a forum practically asking to be ignored.

Anyway, loved Tim & Drew's magic show! Drew really shines when he's with the boys, unlike with the she-devil.

Watching the repeats on Go. Tully describes her relationship with Drew as a "fake marriage." Sounds to me as if it's strategic, to make the other HMs jealous of them.

I thought Tim and Drews magic show was funny LOL

yes Tully said the joke is they fight like a married couple, he is her fake boyfriend and house husband...she doesnt seem to be aware that their friendship appears to have closed the line. I think Drew has genuine feelings for Tully but she is happy to use him while in the house, and also wants her GF when she gets out.

#she hates the girls,
she'll take the boy,
she'll say she's gay,
for pay,
and just fake it around...#

#she hates the girls,
she'll take the boy,
she'll say she's gay,
for pay,
and just fake it around...#

Wow ... you read way more into that whole conversation than I did. I saw a guy (Tim) who likes wearing lots of crosses. I see another guy (Ben) say he doesn't agree with people wearing crosses unless they are believers. Tim tried to understand Ben's logic and didn't and vice versa. A conversation went on and Tim's conclusion (rightly or wrongly) was that if a person isn't religious why would they care what people are wearing cause technically (by non believer standards) the cross has no actual meaning, or, if you are a believer then still why care if people wear crosses because surely if god exists he has other stuff to bother his mind with. He wasn't tell Ben that he had to wear one just trying to understand Ben's views and sharing his own.

I'm a non believer by the way ...However I have had a particular religion try and entice me ....... now that was a creepy religious conversation

Sometimes I wonder if silkworm has any shred of happiness in his life. Clearly watches the show, but I can't tell if it's actual delusion or trolling... but either way spends too much time coming on a forum practically asking to be ignored.

Anyway, loved Tim & Drew's magic show! Drew really shines when he's with the boys, unlike with the she-devil.

I don't know either ...Is Silkworm trolling us or genuinely thinking on another plane! The idea of the fake marriage with drew being strategic is laughable. Tully needs a security blanket and she has picked Drew, and warning to any person who tries to take her security blanket away from her.

Back