Skip to main content

Episode Day 38 (15/10/2014) "Live" Nominations

really? you can't even see any real chemistry between the two of them - at least with Tully and Drew there were sparks flying!

I think they have been trying to play it down, since they came out of the Sanctuary. I bet both of them thought they would be up for eviction and with them not being up this week, I think they might show their true feelings towards each other more. Lawson probably thinks his girlfriend or ex, has seen the Sanctuary footage by now and he is no longer in a relationship outside. It did sound like they were going through a rocky patch, before he entered the house. Absence doesnt seem to be making the heart grow fonder, as regarding Lawson and his ex. Whats that saying While the Cats away the Mice will play :).

She was thinking, how can I kill the bottle blonde without being booted off.

I think Skye was shitting herself, as now Priya knows what Skye thinks of her etc

I noticed that Skye's roots were showing badly last night. In other years the women have had access to hair dye etc, in the parlour. No Australian jokes about what roots means please, for our overseas readers :).

I couldn't handle watching the tully and drew thing. Tully made me cringe but perhaps that's because we knew what her girlfriend thought about it all via social media whereas its questionable what Lawson's relationship was like as his girlfriend hasn't uttered a word

The Tully/Drew thing was a bit odd though, because she had a GIRLFRIEND on the outside and shacked up with a BLOKE, in the house. That was always going to get the medias attention and dont forget, Tully was very socially aware and media active, before she went on BB, so it seemed like a calculated thing to me, on her part. I felt a bit sorry for Drew, the fool was duped, they didnt last long outside the house either. I felt even sorrier for her girlfriend, there werent any stories going around, that their relationship was rocky before she went on BB.

I havent got much time for these showmances, which I think are mostly used by people to stay under the radar, or garner votes to save as a couple to keep them in the house longer. Tim won last year, not because of his association with Drew, but because he was a unique individual. I'm looking at Skye the same way this year. I hope she doesnt shack up with Intruder Leo, or it will do her more harm than good. The showmances dont seem to last once they are outside the house, in the REAL world.

Ok so I missed it last night and I'm catching up on GO! now. What was with Travis asking Ben to wrestle? Was it some attempt at showing how okay with the gays he is?

Thats the way I saw it too, it wasnt a normal thing for Travis to do. I dont think we have seen him wrestling with anyone else in the house, except the arm wrestle with Teflon (Ryan) in the radio task. I wished Teflon had have said to Leo, OK your turn, I think Leo would have taken Travis down. I didnt like the handshake either, it seemed tentative and forced, instead of going around to the other side of the couch and giving him a hug. I KNOW he did that after, maybe he was just surprised that someone else came in the room. I havent seen much or any attempt for Travis to get to know Jason better. Theres so much we arent being shown though, Jason could be the third wheel for Traisha for all we know.

forgot to ask ... did anyone else notice when they showed a clip of someone slapping Lawson with the fish it seemed to be in slow-mo - OR were they told to do it slowly to avoid hurting him and had it sped up for the show?
I thought at the time it was a wonder he didn't have a dislocated jaw? that was a pretty big supposedly semi-frozen fish and they seemed to be putting a bit of oomph behind it ...

A couple of them really belted Lawson with the fish and I would imagine it would have hurt, it was a big fish. I think thats why Big Brother suggested using the tail end of the fish, to one of them, when all of a sudden he remembered that even though it might be funny, he also had a duty of care to the housemates.

Watched last nights show on Go just then.

It really annoyed me how BB and Sonya are very patronising towards Travis and Skye.

Ok they MAY not be that bright but BB and Sonya don't have to play on that in a rude way just to get cheap laughs from the (tv) audience.

Apart from that Skye was very funny last night but its a shame her actions put Davo up.

I think if you have a small vocabulary and put yourself out there to be on reality TV, you cant expect people not to notice your ignorance. I have a feeling that Travis may be Dyslexic. Either that, or the Australian education is a lot worse than I thought it was.

I noticed that Skye's roots were showing badly last night. In other years the women have had access to hair dye etc, in the parlour. No Australian jokes about what roots means please, for our overseas readers :).
Noticed she got her makeup back too, another editing fail? Her hair must be dead from all that bleach.

Was I the only one a little suprised that Leo full-on pashed Sandra & then nominate her for 2pts within the space of a few days?

Watching it on Catch up - makes me wanna throw up. Heysh and Sandra carrying like there's been a couple of deaths in the house. Is the thought of having to put up with so much more of their own company so bad as to reduce them to that?? If this continues - hypovolemic shock, here I come.

Noticed she got her makeup back too, another editing fail? Her hair must be dead from all that bleach.

Yeah what happened there, I thought that Sandra had to make a choice between getting Skye's makeup back or losing coffee....

Did I miss something ?

I think if you have a small vocabulary and put yourself out there to be on reality TV, you cant expect people not to notice your ignorance. I have a feeling that Travis may be Dyslexic. Either that, or the Australian education is a lot worse than I thought it was.
Having their ignorance noticed- sure - but making fun of them for it by the host and Big Brother is not cool IMO.

Was I the only one a little suprised that Leo full-on pashed Sandra & then nominate her for 2pts within the space of a few days?

Playing the game, or playing the field? Leo will try and latch onto the most popular one, which is now Skye. Its unusual that the intruder isnt up for nominations, they must have each thought the others would nominate him.

Having their ignorance noticed- sure - but making fun of them for it by the host and Big Brother is not cool IMO.

I agree, Big Brother should know better. Duty of care and all that. It seems to be funny highlighting his slip ups. I bet a lot of people didn't know what debonair meant either. Travis could already be referred to as debonair, because one of the meanings of it is: Having a cheerful, lively and self confident air. That fits Travis a lot closer than it fits Ben13.

I had to laugh at Skye's nomination as I thought she would waste all her points finding out where everyone was on the board. I like Skye and I am glad she figured out how to save Aeisha and I am happy Travis is still there. As to every one else I couldn't care less as this isn't a very good series, I hope Ryan gets evicted next would like Skye to win! :)

Back