Skip to main content

Celebrity Splash. Channel 7

It doesn't surprise me, it disappoints me that so many are happy to be completely unchallenged in what is served to us under the guise of TV entertainment.

I think it is important to point out, while it's true we are on a Big Brother forum, we are in fact talking about other programming. To suggest that if you adore one program you must love all others in the same genre is retarded.

To me Big Brother is like my favourite dessert, chocolate cake. It is rich, it is decadent and it is thoroughly enjoyable and while I LOVE to enjoy a slice, I wouldn't and couldn't eat it for every single meal. If I stay with the cake analogy, Celebrity Splash and Biggest Loser is like a slice of cleaning sponge which has been soaked in sewerage water and lathered in shit, it may be moist and it may be brown, but it aint chocolate cake.

I'm not saying that just because we like Big Brother we love every other reality show. I'm just saying its understandable that being on a Big Brother forum you are likely to find many people who are interested in that kind of thing.

I curse this and celeb apprentice, flipping between them I got lost and bored and fell asleep and missed the first 30mins of Revenge - just as they planned, pricks.
They shovel this shit in our faces whilst we wait for real tv, and you lose the will to.....stay awake.

Still bits of big jumping into water beat bits of nobodies doing nothing interesting but begging for bucks.

I'm not saying that just because we like Big Brother we love every other reality show. I'm just saying its understandable that being on a Big Brother forum you are likely to find many people who are interested in that kind of thing.

So you're saying that because we like Big Brother we do not have to love/be interested in every other reality show, no matter how retarded, then you say it is understandable that because we like Big Brother and are on a Big Brother forum that people love/be interested in every reality show, no matter how retarded.

You need to look up the word oxymoron, your statement is a perfect example of one.

Last edited:
No, I said that being interested in Big Brother obviously means that a certain amount of reality tv is appealing to us and therefore other types MAY interest us as well.

No, I said that being interested in Big Brother obviously means that a certain amount of reality tv is appealing to us and therefore other types MAY interest us as well.

This is like a conversation from bizarro world!

You are trying to play word hockey to dodge and weave in order to get your puck in the net, but instead you have hit it into nonsenseville.

What you said was:

I'm not saying that just because we like Big Brother we love every other reality show.

then contradicted yourself with:

I'm just saying its understandable that being on a Big Brother forum you are likely to find many people who are interested in that kind of thing.

It is like saying: I am not saying people in here are fat just because they like to sit on the couch and eat too many cream buns, I am saying it is understandable that lots of people in here are fat because they like to sit on the couch and eat too many cream buns.

I agree with Murf on this. I'm not interested in a lot of reality tv, but I do love BB. However, it does not surprise me that many people who participate in a forum dedicated to a reality tv show will like a lot of other reality tv shows. It's not as facile as weight being caused by too much food and too little exercise. It's more like having a range of people with an interest in detective novels, for example; some will like police procedurals, some will like noir, some will like psychological thrillers and some will like a range of all of them.

...apparently Celebrity Splash is only 6 shows all up... 2 shows a week for 3 weeks from what this guy says on this link...
I picked up on this in the first episode when they explained how the show worked, and I have to say I think it's probably one of the smartest moves they could make. I mean, it's not hard to see that this show is very obviously one that is without a doubt nothing but flop material - but I like that even they know that, which is why they've only produced six episodes of it.

Enough to get decent-ish ratings (which will inevitably drop with each episode regardless) but enough to remain substantial during its time.

Clever move.

I picked up on this in the first episode when they explained how the show worked, and I have to say I think it's probably one of the smartest moves they could make. I mean, it's not hard to see that this show is very obviously one that is without a doubt nothing but flop material - but I like that even they know that, which is why they've only produced six episodes of it.

Enough to get decent-ish ratings (which will inevitably drop with each episode regardless) but enough to remain substantial during its time.

Clever move.

Ahhh but if enough people watch it, they'll jump all over it and make another longer series, with eliminations, and comebacks, and gatecrashers, and australia's fattest bellyflopper, and people going on a joouuurrrnney, as they say 'game on!'... and then someone will cook something before they get evicted by the tribe which will have spoken...

I just hope the whole show sinks like a stone...

If like them to bring back Gladiators. That was highly entertaining television right there. What's next after celebrity splash?

I agree with Murf on this. I'm not interested in a lot of reality tv, but I do love BB. However, it does not surprise me that many people who participate in a forum dedicated to a reality tv show will like a lot of other reality tv shows. It's not as facile as weight being caused by too much food and too little exercise. It's more like having a range of people with an interest in detective novels, for example; some will like police procedurals, some will like noir, some will like psychological thrillers and some will like a range of all of them.

Thank you, I'm glad someone gets what I'm saying

Well of course you do. Your reply is just as contradictory and ridiculous as his.

The show suck balls. It doesn't even constitute as a Reality Program, it is D Grade celebrities jumping off a diving board!

And your confused Detective novel analogy merely demonstrates what I am saying, and that is if you like Big Brother you don't automatically like all reality shows.

Jesus Christ it's like trying to talk to fucking Rainman.

Well of course you do. Your reply is just as contradictory and ridiculous as his.

The show suck balls. It doesn't even constitute as a Reality Program, it is D Grade celebrities jumping off a diving board!

And your confused Detective novel analogy merely demonstrates what I am saying, and that is if you like Big Brother you don't automatically like all reality shows.

Jesus Christ it's like trying to talk to fucking Rainman.

Oh dear. Sometimes it's like talking to a constipated toddler. Let me explain in really simple sentences.

1. This is a forum based on Big Brother.
2. Most participants on this forum like Big Brother.
3. Big Brother is located in a genre of television called reality tv.
4. If a forum member likes Big Brother, they like at least some reality tv.
(Helpful hint: The sentence at point 4 does not mean that everyone on this forum likes every reality tv show. The word 'some' is different to the word 'all'.)
5. Therefore, if most participants on this forum like Big Brother, which necessarily means that they like some reality tv, it is not surprising that some of those participants will also like other reality tv shows.

This does not mean that everyone who likes Big Brother likes every reality tv show. The point that [MENTION=34029]murf[/MENTION] was making, and with which I agree, is found at point 5 above. It is not surprising that some people on this forum will like Celebrity Splash.

To explain this apparently difficult concept, a pertinent analagy is sometimes, but clearly not always, useful. Television has a sub-set of reality tv which also has it's own sub-sets; and literature has a sub-set of the novel, which has a sub-set of the detective novel which also has it's own sub-sets. If you'd like to further investigate this idea of overlapping connections, perhaps you could google venn diagrams.

Don't be disheartened, though, Trala. Logic can be difficult for some people and make them feel frustrated and cranky.

Oh dear. Sometimes it's like talking to a constipated toddler. Let me explain in really simple sentences.

(Helpful hint: The sentence at point 4 does not mean that everyone on this forum likes every reality tv show. The word 'some' is different to the word 'all'.)
5. Therefore, if most participants on this forum like Big Brother, which necessarily means that they like some reality tv, it is not surprising that some of those participants will also like other reality tv shows.

This does not mean that everyone who likes Big Brother likes every reality tv show. The point that [MENTION=34029]murf[/MENTION] was making, and with which I agree, is found at point 5 above. It is not surprising that some people on this forum will like Celebrity Splash.

To explain this apparently difficult concept, a pertinent analagy is sometimes, but clearly not always, useful. Television has a sub-set of reality tv which also has it's own sub-sets; and literature has a sub-set of the novel, which has a sub-set of the detective novel which also has it's own sub-sets. If you'd like to further investigate this idea of overlapping connections, perhaps you could google venn diagrams.

Don't be disheartened, though, Trala. Logic can be difficult for some people and make them feel frustrated and cranky.

Your a patient soul, Jam have you ever taught? For if not you would be great - clear, concise, logical, and logical flow, just the kind of educator I love that makes note taking a breeze.

Anyway - Big Jumps is a great add filler flipper thing, apart from making me miss Revenge.
It also is a common fear and a common dare, a common freaky something we all did once - well I did, and every kid I know did.
Pool Rights of Passage - jump off top tower; jump off spring board; touch bottom of diving pool; descend & climb diving pool ladder; back flip into pool; big belly whacker splash comp.

So many can relate and even get a kick out of the nostalgia of it all.........Is Brynne still going strong?

Interesting reading there, Rainman, so if I break your diatribe down into one sentence, could it possibly sound like this?

your confused Detective novel analogy merely demonstrates what I am saying, and that is if you like Big Brother you don't automatically like all reality shows.

It would also be remiss of me not to point out, particularly when you have gone to all the extra effort of numbered steps for me to follow and underlining your important point for greater emphasis, that you may want to consider the spell check function and revise your grammar and your inappropriate punctuation, otherwise you just look silly.

Don’t be disheartened though, Jam. Logic can be difficult for some people and make them feel frustrated and cranky.

Your a patient soul, Jam have you ever taught? For if not you would be great - clear, concise, logical, and logical flow, just the kind of educator I love that makes note taking a breeze.

Anyway - Big Jumps is a great add filler flipper thing, apart from making me miss Revenge.
It also is a common fear and a common dare, a common freaky something we all did once - well I did, and every kid I know did.
Pool Rights of Passage - jump off top tower; jump off spring board; touch bottom of diving pool; descend & climb diving pool ladder; back flip into pool; big belly whacker splash comp.

So many can relate and even get a kick out of the nostalgia of it all.........Is Brynne still going strong?

Oh my God if you are the shining example of clear, concise, logical and logical flow (what does that even mean??) it is no wonder you and your Stepford Wives make about as much sense as a frog in a fucking blender.

And again it would be remiss of me not to point out, oh clever one, you might need some educating from your half wit mentor Jam as even she can differentiate between words which are pronounced the same but have entirely different meanings. The word you are looking for is you’re not your!

You’re

YOU’RE!!!!

Y O U ' R E ! ! !

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Still cranky, I see. How exhausting for you.

Still can't quite get a handle on appropriate punctuation usage I see. How hilarious for me.

As kxk would say, "your" cute when you are trying not to be indignant!

Oh Ha!

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Oh no! I'm not perfect! Who knew? Besides me, that is.

Admittedly, I'm not all that keen on editorial checks when I'm writing or reading for content on a reality tv forum. A tiny bit of tolerance might be required if you're not proof-reading a PhD draft, Trala; or is this all research for a sociology thesis? I can imagine an intriguing analysis titled 'I'd rather fuck in an alley: A study of the inattention to grammar and spelling demonstrated on Australian forums.'

Having said that, though, I'm done with this; I'll let you have the last word. I know it'll come as sure as the sun will rise in the morning.

Back