Skip to main content

Celebrity Splash. Channel 7

OMG 1 second dive 20 minutes of fluff and padding.

TV can't possibly get any dumber than this can it?

...Mudcake... that's the great part of this show... what a fun show this is... nobody is taking it too serious at the moment... no scripted drama... no 'we've gotta win this or our lives are over' type stuff... it's a no-brainer show... it looks like none of the contestants are really taking it all that seriously... it kind of reminds me of the old 'Gladiator' TV show where people have a 'I'm just having a go' mentality...

... after MKR I'm happy to see a fun show like this... I've always liked Denise Drysdale from the days of the 'Ernie Sigley Show'... I met her once and she is such a nice person... I must admit it, I only bothered to watch it because she is part of it... I can't wait to see her have a go at it... I imagine it will be a fun part to watch...

...we all need a stupid show like this to 'lighten us up' a bit... what with the dramas and passion of MKR / The Voice etc etc it's a welcome treat for me lol!... (maybe I'm just getting older and easier to please eh?)... cheers.

Denise Drysdale was the performer at a dinner I went to a couple of years ago and she was hilarious. I was never a fan before then but now I am.

Mud, why would you start a thread after the show has started only to say it's crap lol.

...Denise does seem to be a very down-to-earth type of person... no great 'I'm a star' ego at all...

...when Renae Ayris was practicing her jump and she was falling backwards there was a shot that I can only describe as 'boobcam'... I'm guessing that it is a micro spy camera type of thing that straps onto her cossie... a great shot though... what a hoot this show is... cheers.

Mud, why would you start a thread after the show has started only to say it's crap lol.

I would suggest it was probably to incite discussion and hear the sound of his own voice, which is ironically the reason you responded.

Now back on to my favourite sound --> my own voice.

While it makes me feel quite nauseous to do so, I have to agree with Mud Crab. What ever happened to a cleverly written script and some actors? I am so over watching every day people doing boring every day things. I mean anyone who has lived through a reno, only to sit on the couch and enjoy watching someone else suffer the stress and exhaustion of doing the same must be deranged, and don't even get me started on the idiocy of sitting on a couch for an hour watching fat people diet! We have become a nation addicted to watching people behave in an ordinary fashion, I mean the fact most choose to watch dinner parties rather than host them is super sad. To bring this back on topic, I do think watching has been B grade celebrities jump off a diving board has to be a new low.

...hahahahahaha!... this is one of the reasons that I love you so much Trala... always so brutally honest... please don't ever change!... lol!...

I do think watching has been B grade celebrities jump off a diving board has to be a new low.

...true that... but I look at it as being the 'Red Faces' of the Olympic Diving sports... if we expect nothing too much then we will get it in abundance!... (when Larry Emdur is doing voice work while on one of those diving boards I would so love it if somebody 'bounced' it and he fell in)... cheers.

The biggest mistake made besides everything previously mentioned, are the celebrities, besides one or two likable characters the rest are nothing but a bunch of publicity whores who even at the highs of their careers, they weren't overly liked.

I would suggest it was probably to incite discussion and hear the sound of his own voice, which is ironically the reason you responded.

While it makes me feel quite nauseous to do so, I have to agree with Mud Crab. What ever happened to a cleverly written script and some actors? I am so over watching every day people doing boring every day things. I mean anyone who has lived through a reno, only to sit on the couch and enjoy watching someone else suffer the stress and exhaustion of doing the same must be deranged, and don't even get me started on the idiocy of sitting on a couch for an hour watching fat people diet! We have become a nation addicted to watching people behave in an ordinary fashion, I mean the fact most choose to watch dinner parties rather than host them is super sad. To bring this back on topic, I do think watching has been B grade celebrities jump off a diving board has to be a new low.

We're on a Big Brother forum, obviously we all like watching every day people do boring things. Why does that surprise you?

The guy in the leopard skin cossie was a hoot

The woman in the red cossie was gorgeous

and the guy from the pizza show had the biggest balls :D

I hope it just sinks like a stone and they are forced to bury it at 11.30pm on 7mate or something....

Kylie Gilles lost her voice and Larry looked as though he had shrunk in the wash :D

Larry looked like a little boy. Kylie looked immaculate as ever, but I was hoping someone would shove her into the pool for fun.

I only lasted the first 20 or so minutes. I just couldn't get into it. Kept channel changing waiting for Revenge which was pushed back 30 minutes.

...apparently Celebrity Splash is only 6 shows all up... 2 shows a week for 3 weeks from what this guy says on this link...

http://www.realityravings.com/2013/04/28/celebrity-splash-a-contestant-has-pulled-out/

...that will be more than enough for me to digest if I do last that long with it methinks... as I said before... it's just a little light-hearted fun for me to watch...

...I think that the show is a low cost programme to take the shine off Celebrity Apprentice and The Biggest Loser and of course The Voice...after spending heaps on the production of MKR I think that Channel 7 pumped this cheapo show out to steal viewers away from those more high-cost shows... on this link...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/en...s-to-new-heights/story-e6frexlr-1226632068431

...this is how the viewing audience rated...

Channel 9’s talent show averaged a monster 2.02 million viewers last night – one of its best figures this year.

Seven’s much-hyped celebrity dive show, hosted by Larry Emdur and Kylie Gillies, was way behind on 1.315 million viewers.

That figure was still good enough to beat Nine’s House Husbands (1.162 million) as well as Ten’s The Biggest Loser: Next Generation (526,000) and Can of Worms (344,000).

Celebrity Splash’s real test will come tonight – can it maintain that launch ratings figure?

...it seems to me that the low budget gamble worked well for them last night in coming second to The Voice... well played in my books... you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that the show is just going to belly-flop (pun intended) from last night onwards eh?... go Denise Drysdale!... cheers.

We're on a Big Brother forum, obviously we all like watching every day people do boring things. Why does that surprise you?

It doesn't surprise me, it disappoints me that so many are happy to be completely unchallenged in what is served to us under the guise of TV entertainment.

I think it is important to point out, while it's true we are on a Big Brother forum, we are in fact talking about other programming. To suggest that if you adore one program you must love all others in the same genre is retarded.

To me Big Brother is like my favourite dessert, chocolate cake. It is rich, it is decadent and it is thoroughly enjoyable and while I LOVE to enjoy a slice, I wouldn't and couldn't eat it for every single meal. If I stay with the cake analogy, Celebrity Splash and Biggest Loser is like a slice of cleaning sponge which has been soaked in sewerage water and lathered in shit, it may be moist and it may be brown, but it aint chocolate cake.

..I so love Denise Drysdale... what a sweet and wonderful old chook she is... well done on your dive Denise... you are a legend to me... cheers.

Well....Synchronised swimmers and REAL divers and rock and roll for the opening. NIce :D

Greg Louganis, Mathew Mitcham and Alisa Camplin as judges (good Calibre Judges what???)

Liesel JOnes up first :D

Back