Skip to main content

Cat popular?

Many on this forum will disagree with me, but I honestly don't care if someone who is 'boring' wins as long as they have good qualities.
I'm sorry but yes, I disagree. I want to watch people that are entertaining and if people like Jake, Ryan and Cat are top three then what's the fun in that? I don't care about winning them the money, I don't care about "good qualities" being appreciated, I care about people that I think are deserving and entertaining to win - hence why I voted for Tim and *que gasp* Ben to win the show in the last two years.
However, I do appreciate that you have your view and I believe that's a good reason why Cat has been saved by a great margin - she is a good person with great qualities.

Doubt it's a sympathy vote thing. They barely showed the Lawson stuff until tonight (who would show her sympathy for that anyway?) and even if she got a late surge tonight it wouldn't have gotten her that much.

I say it's a combination of less people voting this year paired with her friends being older and having more money to vote.

I don't mind, she seems nice...but I;

Last edited:
I'm sorry but yes, I disagree. I want to watch people that are entertaining and if people like Jake, Ryan and Cat are top three then what's the fun in that? I don't care about winning them the money, I don't care about "good qualities" being appreciated, I care about people that I think are deserving and entertaining to win - hence why I voted for Tim and *que gasp* Ben to win the show in the last two years.
However, I do appreciate that you have your view and I believe that's a good reason why Cat has been saved by a great margin - she is a good person with great qualities.

It's OK that you disagree. :) Like I said, most people would probably agree with you and very few (if any) will agree with me. I think it just comes down to people's definition of who is deserving of a win.

I like Cat but I am surprise she had the most save votes.

She isn't acting on her crush on Lawson, so calm the farm everyone. Plus Lawson will be smart enough not to go there if he wants any chance of winning.

Doubt it's a sympathy vote thing. They barely showed the Lawson stuff until tonight (who would show her sympathy for that anyway?) and even if she got a late surge tonight it wouldn't have gotten her that much.

I say it's a combination of less people voting this year paired with her friends being older and having more money to vote.

I'm guessing a lot of Travis/Priya/Dion/Katie fans were complacent enough to not vote. They thought that these housemates would be safe and they didn't vote much - Probably that's why Cat was the most 'saved'. I'm guessing we all thought that she's going to be evicted, so more people tried to save her. :cautious:

Have no idea how the heck she got the most votes to save. The only reason I can possibly think as to why people voted for her was A) they felt sorry for her after the Katie incident or B) a lot of people hate Katie and Travis and so in order to get them out they voted Cat...

I'm guessing there a lot of sleazy young divorcees out there voting up a storm, watching the footy show, and plotting on stealing th ebitch next doors hubbie.
who knows she may be humping somebody from 9, it's not like this crap has any integrity

She had a lot of sympathy posts on FB and Twitter after that fight with her and Katie when she was crying. In fact I think that was the first time I really saw her name pop up on social media.

Reactions: kxk
I'm guessing there a lot of sleazy young divorcees out there voting up a storm, watching the footy show, and plotting on stealing th ebitch next doors hubbie, slugging a few beers, voting for travy and cat.
who knows she may be humping somebody from 9, it's not like this crap has any integrity

oh didn't think of the victim thing @Mrs Butterface - that too of course, makes sense

She had a lot of sympathy posts on FB and Twitter after that fight with her and Katie when she was crying. In fact I think that was the first time I really saw her name pop up on social media.

I'd forgotten about the fight with them. That would make a lot more sense. I thought people were referring to the Lawson stuff which confused me given we didn't see much before tonight and I don't know why anyone would feel sorry for her thinking she might have a chance with a taken guy anyway.

Cat is coming out of her shell a little more and we have to be mindful of editing people get left out of editing when controversy is about Look at Ryan not even nominated and he does less than anyone in the house if you go by the editing factor. Cat has had her moments and I feel the votes reflect more on tactics to get others out of the house. Dion is a victim of that as the voters forgot about him as he was rarely seen this week. Cat got a little more air time and her fight with Katie added fuel to the hate of Katie . While I like people that bring some clashes to the house there are others in there that are doing less the Cat is and hopefully she will get more time to shine now or shoot herself in the foot.

I know a lot of people were shocked, but I really wasn't.

She was attracting the most "likes" on facebook, as well as a lot of sympathy over what happened with the coke can fiasco.

I think a lot of it was to spite Katie and Lisa, really. They do not seem to be generally liked at the moment.

When you see a limited portrayal of a person's personality, these are the things that people will base their vote on.

I'd forgotten about the fight with them. That would make a lot more sense. I thought people were referring to the Lawson stuff which confused me given we didn't see much before tonight and I don't know why anyone would feel sorry for her thinking she might have a chance with a taken guy anyway.
Yeah it was the whole save the victim of the Mean Girls thing. I mean there are people who actually do just like her so it's by no means the only reason she got votes but she had a massive response after that fight. To the point where now some have said they only voted for her because they felt sorry for her and/or hate Katie and Lisa but now won't again because of what's going on with Lawson. I tend not to vote based on reactions to one event anymore as it's just too bloody expensive and I find I regret it later on so I use the popularity tracker to reflect what I'm feeling that night, but I used to be like that so I can understand it. It'll be interesting to see what % she gets the next time she's up.

She defiantly got votes from the ppl that aren't into lisa. that fight between the two of them certainly polarised ppl one way or the other.

Reactions: kxk
Back