Skip to main content

"Big Brother" UK: Timebomb

...I'm devastated that Harriet went... she had so much potential to cause so much mayhem and destruction... I can't help but feel that Big Brother have shot themselves in the foot with this mass eviction... cheers.

I just don't understand how the producers think it's okay to get rid of five original housemates in one week. I can't fathom it. It has done nothing but piss everyone off and I really do hope they feel the backlash for this disgusting twist/bombshell/timebomb in the worst possible way. You can't just treat these housemates—these people—as commodities like that. They might as well be actors following a script instead of real people at this point because at least then it doesn't really "mean" anything. Disappointing doesn't even come close.

I'm actually embarrassed to say that I stuck with the show for so long. Since 2006! And honestly it was never as good as that first series I watched, and it's been getting worse and worse over the last three years at least, and now I don't think I can go on... not with the civilian series, at least. It's just too messy and convoluted.

What a hot mess of an episode. Compatible to BBAU gimmick standards.
Simon returning wouldn't even be that bad if he was an interesting character, but he was evicted for a reason.

...seriously?... SERIOUSLY?... FUCKING SERIOUSLY?... 'Mr Showbiz' is back?... Big Brother... you must be really desperate to get those ratings you foolhardy idiots... do you believe... that even in your wildest dreams really expect him to pull you out of this quagmire of useless shit?... you poor disillusioned simpletons... another nail in this series coffin methinks old son... (Sticky shakes his head in disbelief)... this is getting really hard to watch now... I'll give it a few more days and will make a decision as to whether I'll bother or not sticking with this crap... cheers.:arghh::mad::bang::rage:

...if that dickweed keeps saying..."showbiz"... every 5 minutes I think that someone will snap and knife him... cheers.

So Kieran had to go, yet Danny is still in... what are the criteria here? More handsome? More intelligent? More entertaining?

The only palatable of the new 4 would be Harry Amelia. But she'll be gone soon because we hate dominatrixes - don't we? Right.
Mr Showbiz is doing my head in and I've no doubt everybody else's.

I don't understand why everybody is on the war path with Joel. He was obviously unprepared for an "Aaron in Heat"... he is too young and innocent. Yet it is expected of him to keep a cool head in such a situation. Some of those in the house who are older are guilty of much greater digressions.

...I'm glad that Aaron went and thought that Joel did the best he could to not lose it with him to be honest... I like Joel... if Joel did play it so that Aaron was ejected... then well played!... it is a game I guess... but seriously Aaron was behaving in a predatory way and was indeed 'in heat' with Joel... he made it quite clear to everyone towards the end of the caper... the difference between a good shit-stir and intentional behaviour geared at a self end result is a very fine line indeed... I really don't blame Big Brother for ousting him...

...if say... Daniel did the same thing to one of the twins for instance he would not have lasted that night... he would've been gone straight away... what Aaron did the first couple of times was a tad bit humorous but because he succumbed to the egging on by the others that proved to be his downfall... anyhow... after this complete cluster fuck tonight with all of the evictions and new housemates... who really gives a shit anymore?... cheers.

...seriously?... SERIOUSLY?... FUCKING SERIOUSLY?... 'Mr Showbiz' is back?... Big Brother... you must be really desperate to get those ratings you foolhardy idiots... do you believe... that even in your wildest dreams really expect him to pull you out of this quagmire of useless shit?... you poor disillusioned simpletons... another nail in this series coffin methinks old son... (Sticky shakes his head in disbelief)... this is getting really hard to watch now... I'll give it a few more days and will make a decision as to whether I'll bother or not sticking with this crap... cheers.:arghh::mad::bang::rage:
I'm feeling the same way - don't think I'll be able to stand watching and hearing that idiot carrying on in the background

I didn't even bother with CBBUK because the first BBUK I watched (last year) was so horrendous but I'd stubbornly stuck with it to the end ... thought I'd give it a go this year because it couldn't possibly be any worse

boy - was I wrong!?!

So Kieran had to go, yet Danny is still in... what are the criteria here? More handsome? More intelligent? More entertaining?

The only palatable of the new 4 would be Harry Amelia. But she'll be gone soon because we hate dominatrixes - don't we? Right.
Mr Showbiz is doing my head in and I've no doubt everybody else's.

I don't understand why everybody is on the war path with Joel. He was obviously unprepared for an "Aaron in Heat"... he is too young and innocent. Yet it is expected of him to keep a cool head in such a situation. Some of those in the house who are older are guilty of much greater digressions.
for me - yes I understand Joel didn't know how to handle the situation at the time - but he sure knew how to handle BB and word his concerns so that they rang all the right alarm bells

no matter how young he still needs to bear SOME responsibility for egging Aaron on ... there was more to all that than we got shown.

However Aaron was totally in the wrong - "drunk" is no excuse ... and NO, STOP, DON'T ... they were all used ... but could have been used more forcefully AND should have been used by the other older HM's who were witnessing what was going on

Its a shame BB didn't show up with STOP THAT!

nightshift / uni students on the watch is NOT good enough - especially if they are going to ply them with alcohol to fuel them up for content!

STOP THAT! that booms out in BBCan always sounds pre-recorded anyway - so if they saw anything that was concerning they'd just have to hit the STOP THAT Button ...

No surprise but they're stunt has backfired spectacularly - ratings only just at the 1m mark again and all they've succeeded in doing is pissing off even more people.

Had they really wanted to relaunch the series and revive ratings you also need to do it with more than 2 days notice. This move has just highlighted everything which is wrong with the show and will only result in driving more people away - people fed up of producers fixing things all the time aren't going to come back as the result of the biggest fix in the shows history.

If they really wanted a shock relaunch evicting 5 people over 5 days next week woud have been better - keep it fair and give it time to breathe rather than being spewed out in a mess of a live show. Even if you consider this a "twist" rather than a "fix" it actually does very little for the show beyond last night - but as others have said the current production team can't appreciate the slow burners.

In addition they've now also removed the faces of the four evicted last night from the memory wall and replaced them with the newbies. And with no sense of shame at all BBUK have tweeted that Jack found that really "disrespectful". I hope the other housemates come to realise how they are being treated and walk out en mass.

removing them from memory wall really stinks

I also didn't like Emma's line of 'you told us you would be XYZ but delivered ABC"

I thought they'd have realised now - none of the VT's can be trusted because until you are in the house and know the mix of people you are in there with you have no idea how you will react

i basically don't watch the vts before BB starts - in any version of it ... they only interest later in the series

I watched a clip last night of Simon basically telling Christan and Danny that they need to do more because the house is boring. So its pretty obvious the producers have told Simon to try shake things up

It just really makes me sad that you can't have relatively nice, unpretentious and generally likeable people in that house without the hosts, production and the masses labeling them as boring. It makes me mad that they were singing the praises of this series for being so relatively nice, and quite fun, only to chicken out after only 18 days. There was nothing wrong with this series at all. It was developing naturally, in a similar way to a classic series of BB. It was in no way boring. It was actually really nice for a change. The cheap manufactured drama that has been a staple of just about every C5 series so far was what was getting boring. I liked this series for exploring characters in a different way than we were used to. Did it occur to them that perhaps the low ratings are not from poor housemates, but from people who refuse to return after last year's fiasco? Perhaps because the show is being aired at a more competitive time of year? Perhaps because all their shitty production decisions have alienated their viewers?

Each of the evictees last night was very interesting in their own way. They weren't 100% likeable, but they weren't 100% detestable either. They weren't pantomime villains or heroes for once, but they were all real people. They definitely see their housemates as commodities - to be disposed of at will. If they show their HMs (and by extension, the viewers) contempt, how are we supposed to care about them, build up a rapport and ultimately engage with the show? I suppose the show is just not made for people who want to think about housemates, their motives and their relationships on anything more than a superficial level anymore. It's just a zoo, where people are presented to the public like animals so that they can be judged and then immediately disposed of.

Glad the ratings still suck after this. I hope they continue to suffer.

It just really makes me sad that you can't have relatively nice, unpretentious and generally likeable people in that house without the hosts, production and the masses labeling them as boring.
Well the low ratings couldn't possibly be the fault of the producers could it, so the housemates must be to blame. Indeed I hate to think how the producers treat their junior staff if this is how they treat the "stars" of their show. It seems they are just unable to see or admit their own mistakes and just turn on the blinkers to anyone else pointing them out. We've seen their arrogance in the past when they've refused to explain previous controversial moves (such as withdrawing an announced immunity for no good reason) - they really do just have utter contempt for everyone involved in the show.

MR-FUCKWIT.gif

...he was in the house for only one hour and was evicted... he said it there right on the stage in front of all of us... Big Brother didn't have this planned all the way along did they?... of course not!... he was unaware of what was going to eventually happen wasn't he?.... of course he was!... Big Brother wouldn't rig it and do that would they?... ha!... of course not!... I'm just being silly aren't I?... silly old me... as if they would do that just for ratings... I'm such a cynical git aren't I?... cheers.

They removed the four from the memory wall? Ugh. Just goes to show how last minute this whole thing was...

Though does that mean there are now three empty portraits? Aaron's was empty last night, Amy and Sally each had their own and Simon was already on the wall. Wonder if they'll add in another three housemates at some point.

Oh ffs. They literally skipped the entire day so they could focus the Daily Show on the stupid twist.

This is feeling more and more like BBAU.

Back