Skip to main content

Big Brother house talk topic *Spoiler Warning*

Ha, I doubt that it would be multistory, it's just so called 'Inspiration' But I can be wrong. Maybe the Twist is that its a multistory house? Heh.

The Block is a reality show where a couple competes against other couples to make houses and each week they have to complete a room and get scored etc. It's called The Block Sky High because instead of houses they have a level of an apartment to complete this year.

I agree that it would be a waste money. I think that doing a multistory house would be cool but I don't see it becoming a reality and I think we could do without it :)

I'd rather the twist be in relation to the game and how they live.

I know what The Block is... Just having never watched it I had no idea how it could relate to BB outside of the renovation aspect... Or how the Sky High theme made the show any different to other series...

Ha, I doubt that it would be multistory, it's just so called 'Inspiration' But I can be wrong. Maybe the Twist is that its a multistory house? Heh.

You're contradicting yourself... A multistory house is pretty much out of the question... There may be space for select rooms to be on a second level and I suppose a structure like BBUK's tree house could also be considered a second level... Goon however has hinted that the addition of a second level would be too much like BBUK or BBUS... That being said I hardly consider a few rooms above ground multistory...

What's this obsession with a multistorey house? I don't know how in any way it would enhance the house or show. The only difference is stairs and the possibility someone might fall down them.

True - but you can say that for almost all aspects of the house design. I think what a room upstairs does is bring a bit of height to the house, and hence just make it look a bit better as BB houses tend to have relatively low ceilings and feel somewhat claustrophobic.

Personally, I just think a multistory house would be cool simply because it's something different. For the most part, the majority of BBAU houses have looked relatively the same over the years, with the only major stand-out probably being BB03's house. Apart from that, the rest have kinda followed similar floor plans.

A multistory house - whether it's a single room above or below the main house, a balcony or even just a staircase (ala BBUK) - would just add a new and fresh aspect to the show. And let's face it, they need to change it up a bit.

In saying that, a multilevel house is still very unlikely. :p

Personally, I just think a multistory house would be cool simply because it's something different. For the most part, the majority of BBAU houses have looked relatively the same over the years, with the only major stand-out probably being BB03's house. Apart from that, the rest have kinda followed similar floor plans.

A multistory house - whether it's a single room above or below the main house, a balcony or even just a staircase (ala BBUK) - would just add a new and fresh aspect to the show. And let's face it, they need to change it up a bit.

Agreed! It would be new.

Also, I think most of us have seen this
HouseReconstruction3.jpg
Looks like the diary room.
There has always been a diagonal wall in the diary room.
Well not every season :p
(I think)

Last edited:

I think logistically, e.g. having camera runs on two levels etc, it would be difficult... but if it was just a room or balcony they could use the remote controlled cameras I suppose. OTOH an upstairs balcony might give the HMs a view beyond the compound, where life isn't supposed to exist.

In BBAU3, am I wrong or was the bedroom in the 'round house' up some stairs?

I think logistically, e.g. having camera runs on two levels etc, it would be difficult... but if it was just a room or balcony they could use the remote controlled cameras I suppose. OTOH an upstairs balcony might give the HMs a view beyond the compound, where life isn't supposed to exist.

Only a couple I think, and I think in other series that may have been the case too. Talking of camera runs though of course in BB3 the central camera run was completely surrounded by the house so they did have to go up some stairs and back down them to sort that out.

We are getting close to the stage where camera runs are going to be a thing of the the past.

Only a couple I think, and I think in other series that may have been the case too. Talking of camera runs though of course in BB3 the central camera run was completely surrounded by the house so they did have to go up some stairs and back down them to sort that out.

Found it here, yes both bedrooms were up just three steps.

We are getting close to the stage where camera runs are going to be a thing of the the past.

The only thing is BBAU since BB3 has had no fixed camera's within the house... I don't know specifics but I believe they only exist in the outdoor areas...

BB Germany basically eliminated camera's behind two way mirrors in their last series but they had a heap of mounted camera's within the house... BBUK's new house has a few mirrors but they are disguised within the house decor... That said HM's can still tell the difference between real mirrors and the two way mirrors however... As I said the two way mirrors still exist but it does seem like they've reduced the space the camera runs take up...

TBH I'm not bothered by the fact that BBAU or even BBUK houses have similar layouts year on year... I'm just happy that they've been modified and changed either annually or every other year... BBUS has had the same static layout since BB6... They are now going in to their 15 season...

The staircase entry only really works when HM's walk out of the house and in to the crowd as in BBUK or BBCA... A second level would be interesting as you put it just for the sake of something different, however I think a different look and feel can be achieved in other ways...

As I said in my other post, reducing the amount of two way mirrors and camera runs would make the house less of a studio and more of a home... Also lowering the ceiling height would also be dramatically different... A more open floor-plan like BBUK could be interesting...

Where did you find that?

It looks more like a store room to be honest.

Its on the Big Brother Website
and I agree with you in a way, just because there isn't anything Fancy in that room that would make it look like a Diary Room.
I doubt it would be a store room :p But it could be a pantry... a big one.. oh and why would bb put a picture up of a room that isn't going to be seen XD

Back