Skip to main content

Big Brother house talk topic *Spoiler Warning*

I'm glad the house is being redone (and more than a simple lick of paint). BUT... what about the stage? Is money being spent on this or are we still stuck with the same BBUK rip off set?

Oh and +1 to live streaming. Like I said last year, I'd settle for an unedited "show" of 60-90 minutes twice a week (say sunday - post eviction drama + wednesday/thursday - post weekly task celebrations?). The show could air on GO!, doesn't need to be on Nine.

Yeah the house from 2003-2004 and 2006-2007 was really boring to see the change. The house is one of the most exciting aspects of the show and we see it everyday so I'm glad they're changing it! Can't wait.

Also please bring back live streaming, I don't even mind if it's on a delay by a few minutes as long as we can keep up with the house and get to know what happens throughout the day and night.

uhuh. What ever.

I'd rather he 'waste' the money on a live stream than a house refit.

https://twitter.com/AlexMavroidakis/status/232772607328530432

Ok you've got me... Kind of... I couldn't remember the exact wording of the statement, but thanks for digging it up... The way I'm reading it is not that they couldn't afford to pay people to man the feed, but that with the restrictions placed on them the bulk of the content on the feed would be blocked anyways... So paying someone to sit there with their finger on the button for 3 months wouldn't be worth the money spent...

Just so we are clear it wasn't about not having the budget to fund the feed but more that they felt said money could be better used to fund other more worth while initiatives...

Last edited:
Well, lets just hope the house will be good and Creative like Big Brother from other countries.

One of the things I actually enjoy about BBAU is the house... Even the BB08 house was not without it's charms and with all the "copying" that's been going on, the house is really the only area that gives BBAU it's own identity...

One of the things I actually enjoy about BBAU is the house... Even the BB08 house was not without it's charms and with all the "copying" that's been going on, the house is really the only area that gives BBAU it's own identity...
Out of all the BBAU houses over 9 series, which one is your favourite? Mine is 2006.

Out of all the BBAU houses over 9 series, which one is your favourite? Mine is 2006.

To be honest I think every BBAU house has been great. There are bits and pieces of each house I really enjoy. I like 2006's Diary Room, 2005 had that bowling alley and cool bedroom and 2008 had a locker room/bedroom and that outdoor kitchen which was pretty cool. Although I think doing a refit every year on the houses keeps the launch night exciting and it's a good change for the show. I hope the house this year has something new in store!

To be honest I think every BBAU house has been great. There are bits and pieces of each house I really enjoy. I like 2006's Diary Room, 2005 had that bowling alley and cool bedroom and 2008 had a locker room/bedroom and that outdoor kitchen which was pretty cool. Although I think doing a refit every year on the houses keeps the launch night exciting and it's a good change for the show. I hope the house this year has something new in store!

To be honest I discovered BBAU in 2003 and I was shocked by the two houses twist, so if I must pick one house it would be BB3... But overall I liked all the houses in their own way... The house reveal is one of my favourite things about BB... Every BB house is different and each country has made their house their own...

Eugh the BB08 house, it felt so cold, I mean it had a roller door in the loungeroom lol, and all that slate tiling and the weird question mark couch. BB08 and BB04 stand out to me as houses was really not keen on. My fave houses have been BB03, BB05, BB06 and I have to say BB09 the most recent I didn't mind.

I think my least favourite houses were 2008 because the living room and kitchen were atrocious and that diary room was awful too but I thought the conveyor belt was pretty clever. Also 2007 had an awful bedroom and I wasn't too keen on the backyard and the diary room and it was way too similar to the 2006 house.

Favs would be 2005. It was small but the bowling alley was cool and the stripper pole made awesome moments. 2006 had a cool yard and I enjoyed how the punishment room looked cold and evil, also the bedroom and bathroom were nice too.

What if... they merge all those cool parts together somehow ... But I don't know, I hope its going to be a good house this year.

Back