Skip to main content

Big Brother house talk topic *Spoiler Warning*

In the next post is an updated floorplan.

The floorplan is unreadable when posted here due to the advertisement right over there ---->

Here's an updated week 4 house plan.

BBAU9---2013-Houseplan-11s.jpg

I'm assuming the "secret" room is a rejigged Bedroom. If not, I've covered that by labelling the old Honeymoon/Latecomers bedroom as a Multipurpose room. ;)

i really hate how half the lounge room is just left blue, and the camera angles in the new HWH bedroom seem to be even worse than the safehouse bedroom!
it all just seems really poorly planned out to me, i love the feel and design of the rooms, but god, it wasnt built for TV...

Actually, the old Half-way lounge has had two changes. Once when the wall came down, and again when the new bedroom was revealed. It now has alternating blue walls and even an LCD screen where once there was none.

So I 'think' the Garden of Eden is in the old Captain's Quarters outdoor area - but I might be wrong!

BBAU9---2013-Houseplan-12s.jpg

I guess I'll know how right (or wrong) I am tonight...

View attachment 33838

Aerial photo of 2013 house!

BBAUS, IMO, is the greatest designed house of any BB's worldwide. Not only as a main stage area for the show but also, a beautifully designed house that anyone would endeavor to dwell. Love how the house has grown as the season develops which seems to lend itself and helps move the plots along!~

BBAUS, IMO, is the greatest designed house of any BB's worldwide. Not only as a main stage area for the show but also, a beautifully designed house that anyone would endeavor to dwell. Love how the house has grown as the season develops which seems to lend itself and helps move the plots along!~

The houses are always designed well. Almost every year I like the houses (except 08) and it's one of the things I look most forward to each year :)

The houses are always designed well. Almost every year I like the houses (except 08) and it's one of the things I look most forward to each year :)

I concur. However, the Kombi option in 08 was the shock factor for me that season (as in a actual sleeping quarters), that part I loved. The whole BIG OL BED thing was kinda... gross. And no pool, but a hot tub that year wasn't fun at all!

I concur. However, the Kombi option in 08 was the shock factor for me that season (as in a actual sleeping quarters), that part I loved. The whole BIG OL BED thing was kinda... gross. And no pool, but a hot tub that year wasn't fun at all!

I liked the kombi and the yard in general for 08 with the rope tree etc but whoever chose the colours and designed the interior for the house was probably blind. The tiles in the living room, the ugliest diary room wall/chair, the worst kitchen to date and that bathroom/locker thingy (still not sure what the hell that was). It was a headache of a house. Whereas now they've settled back into a homely, beachy theme and it makes me feel relaxed just watching!

I liked the kombi and the yard in general for 08 with the rope tree etc but whoever chose the colours and designed the interior for the house was probably blind. The tiles in the living room, the ugliest diary room wall/chair, the worst kitchen to date and that bathroom/locker thingy (still not sure what the hell that was). It was a headache of a house. Whereas now they've settled back into a homely, beachy theme and it makes me feel relaxed just watching!

Completely agree! Had forgot about that tree (that was a fun prop!)

I think my favorite thing in the house this year, design wise, is the island decking with the tree. SO much of an improvement over the dropped seating area last year. Secondly, the petition in the purple bedroom is great for keeping their clothes from making the screens look so cluttered! Lastly, I ADORE the sectional sofas in the sitting room. At first I didn't like them at all, but they have grown on me and I would love to have a set like that.

Do you remember the early seasons where the HMs had to paint and build their furniture? I loved the kitchen and the sunk in living room in that season.

Completely agree! Had forgot about that tree (that was a fun prop!)

I think my favorite thing in the house this year, design wise, is the island decking with the tree. SO much of an improvement over the dropped seating area last year. Secondly, the petition in the purple bedroom is great for keeping their clothes from making the screens look so cluttered! Lastly, I ADORE the sectional sofas in the sitting room. At first I didn't like them at all, but they have grown on me and I would love to have a set like that.

Do you remember the early seasons where the HMs had to paint and build their furniture? I loved the kitchen and the sunk in living room in that season.

Yeah the island decking was smart and added to the beachy theme. I loved the conversation circle in the middle of the pool last year but I actually can't remember anyone sitting there. The only time I remember it was used was when they revealed their secrets and during the finale tbh. I like the wardrobe idea. I have hated previous seasons where we could see their suitcases a mess and their clothes everywhere so i'm glad they're clean. From an aerial perspective the house looks amazing and yes I love this years lounge, looks comfy and realistic, other years lounges were too wacky and some were just plain awful!

Here's another update to the houseplan - would do wonders if an official plan was put up on the BB site. Those were the days...

BBAU9---2013-Houseplan-16s.jpg

Last edited:
Back