Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Pre-season build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was so much potential to choose way more housemates from the ten era. Even if they wanted two from the same season Paul and Merlin or perhaps even Ashalea would have been much more interesting than Tully and Drew, and even a David and Camilla reunion would have been intriguing too. Vesna getting bumped for Layla who I personally never understood the hype for at all is very disappointing news. Not having anyone from season 1 just feels 'wrong' as well

Plus all the new housemates just look like influencers they found online, not representative of Australian Society at all. Can't see how this isn't going to be a complete flop especially if Reggie and Tim don't end up lasting (maybe they will be saved I guess most likely lol).

Tim is doing Q&A in his Insta stories. Some takeaways.

- The reunion of Tim, Drew and Tully is “interesting” and “going to be one of the most entertaining parts of the season”
- he didn’t take skeleton onesie into the house
- ice cream is in the series (maybe a hint to a dilemma challenge)
- he is friends with Estelle but there are some tense moments. (I saw a comment on his Facebook that he gave her heaps about her anti vax stance)
- someone asked if Tully cried a lot. His response: Yes!

He acknowledges that the old format was amazing. But they are bringing some of the old stuff back so this years won’t look the same as the last couple of years.

I just asked a question about Johnson the Superfan and Tim said he was on these forums last night having a lurk haha he says some need to get off our high horses hahahahah.

Tim, if you’re reading this, you are my fave and I for one am SUPER excited to see you play this format haha.

I should have asked a better question hahaha but I couldn’t think. I’m a little excited that he responded to me.

HUGE fan Tim. And I am still on a high as I had you, Tim, for the forum sweepstakes in 2013. 😁

Im just a little bemused by the premise. A mix of new contestants and old "BB royalty"?
Hedging audiences I suspect. Not a great indicator.
Would have thought just an old school royalty would have worked well enough on its own but 7 obviously dont want to polarise the younger audience. I hope it works but I can see a real danger of it being clumsy and a bit cringe.

Safe to say that Tim’s comment definitely wasn’t directed towards you Bleachy! Your enthusiasm has always given me so much life.
It is a bit hard to be excited for a new season of Channel 7’s Big Brother or even at least positive about it when your favourite show has had the life sucked out of it and is more contrived than ever.

It’s probably more fun actually be in the house than watching it. At least as a housemate you’re living in real time.

The last 2 years have been a big disappointment and there is no reason to think it’s going to get any better. Only thing this new season has going for it are seeing previous housemates but I suspect it’s going to be much of the same old but only with familiar faces.

I'm going to be honest, the promo made me excited. The beginning hooked me and then when I saw the new housemates I lost interest. But then, seeing Reggie there in the promo made me smile. I couldn't hide it. I am not looking forward to this because I am anticipating a season of Big Brother, I am just excited to see these old housemates back. I don't plan on giving this show the respect of interpreting it as a Big Brother season, or a good season of RTV in general. I am just simply excited to see reference made to the old seasons. That is all.

Totally get you Z.

I know it was all of their volition, but I find it....uncomfortable. Perhaps, at a stretch, just do a bb oldies between themselves. Modified of course. That could be fascinating to watch as we kinda see a new chapter or a sequel to these folk we loved and even moreso they all comparing their experiences during and post bb.
But to throw them against new superfans and the parade of muscles, social media grand wizards and insta geniuses...........im not optimistic.
I would have far far preferred just a modified oldies season.
Or just a two hour special of them all talking over a dinner.

I'm kinda excited for this season honestly. I just feel sorry for the other half no one knows - they aren't gonna get any screen time, and are probably just there to give the oldies a couple more episodes. If the early boots on big brother are typically forgotten, this will be a whole league worse.

I’m still rather peeved they opted to dump Vesna for Layla as part of this line-up. I say this with non-bias, not only is Vesna more of a colourful character than Layla (particularly today’s “Influencer” version of Layla), but it would have meant there was at least one Housemate from every season between 2003-2006. This just makes more sense to me. It’s evident Vesna still has a lot of popularity to warrant her involvement.

I am also very fine with Estelle representing 2012 - I think she is the perfect personality to do so. I just think she should have been the only 2012 contestant.

I don’t agree with having three Housemates from 2013 either. Tim is obviously a no-brainer and I’m admittedly sold on the inclusion of Tully. But including Drew is 100% overkill - despite the potential for an immediate alliance between himself and Tully/Tim, it’s pretty clear his inclusion absolutely screams “manufactured storyline” as there’ll no doubt be some cooked up, scripted romance plot coming our way. This was even hinted at in the promo.

If eight returning Housemates was the quota, then I just feel like they could have balanced them out better.

…on another thread I said these things… I couldn’t be arsed to rewrite them so I’ve just quoted them… they basically sum up my thoughts about the new series… so here goes…

…wasn’t Estelle the one that was always in bed and slept her way throughout her whole series?… if so… I hope that they give her a bed of nails to sleep on… cheers.

5ABFDEED-80F4-416E-B3FC-1C54AD34A8B8.jpeg

…I don’t mind Layla to be honest but if they break out into that shit song ‘Oats A la Layla’ I’m going to start shooting people… cheers.

…and… just as long that Ben Norris isn’t there I’ll probably be fine… he was such an obnoxious little fucker… just one bullet… that’s all that it would take… just one bullet!… I’ll tell you what… I’ll even donate the bullet that I’ve put aside for Putin… that’s how much I hate Ben Norris!… cheers.

…I just saw an ad on Sunrise about Big Brother coming back soon… it’s some of the past players… I saw Tim Dormer… Trevor… Tully and Farmer Dave amongst others… let’s hope that it ends up being a good series… Tim Dormer was my most favourite player of all time so it should be an entertaining series despite Tully being on it methinks!… cheers.

…I’m sorry but I just don’t like Tully… and… I hope that Tim wins it… cheers.

Last edited:
…you know who I wished that would be coming back?..

Tim Brunero… because he was smarter than the average Bear…
TJ… (Theresa-Jane Whitlock)… because she’s a total Phsyco…
Bradley Darke… who was the nerd that everyone wanted to punch…

…apparently they asked Ed Lower too but he was STILL too busy shuffling his cards on when to do his ‘big move’ against Tim Dormer in their series together… cheers.

I’m still rather peeved they opted to dump Vesna for Layla as part of this line-up. I say this with non-bias, not only is Vesna more of a colourful character than Layla (particularly today’s “Influencer” version of Layla), but it would have meant there was at least one Housemate from every season between 2003-2006. This just makes more sense to me. It’s evident Vesna still has a lot of popularity to warrant her involvement.

I am also very fine with Estelle representing 2012 - I think she is the perfect personality to do so. I just think she should have been the only 2012 contestant.

I don’t agree with having three Housemates from 2013 either. Tim is obviously a no-brainer and I’m admittedly sold on the inclusion of Tully. But including Drew is 100% overkill - despite the potential for an immediate alliance between himself and Tully/Tim, it’s pretty clear his inclusion absolutely screams “manufactured storyline” as there’ll no doubt be some cooked up, scripted romance plot coming our way. This was even hinted at in the promo.

If eight returning Housemates was the quota, then I just feel like they could have balanced them out better.
Yeah I think they want Drew for the 'romantic storylines' which have been unbelieveably cringeworthy awful on Seven's version and also because they know Tim will be a massive target from day one and this is a way to potentially help him avoid being out early.

It would have been interesting to have seen Tim Brunero v Tim Dormer Mr Stickyfingers for sure. Would they have come for each other or formed a super alliance?

In addition to swapping out Layla for Vesna, dropping Drew in favour of a 2001 Housemate would have equated to a much more balanced and respectable line-up of BBAU “royals”, in my opinion.

They really needed someone - anyone - from BB01 to deem this list justifiable, and to give the eight returnees broader coverage across more seasons. The only Housemate still in the public eye from 2001 who, I believe, would do it today is Peter. And that really could have worked just fine with the other choices. It also provides groundwork for a story arc of somebody with the insight and contrast of Big Brother formats from the very beginning to what it is today.

I don’t hate their selection of Housemates, I just think it’s completely off-balance.

In addition to swapping out Layla for Vesna, dropping Drew in favour of a 2001 Housemate would have equated to a much more balanced and respectable line-up of BBAU “royals”, in my opinion.

They really needed someone - anyone - from BB01 to deem this list justifiable, and to give the eight returnees broader coverage across more seasons. The only Housemate still in the public eye from 2001 who, I believe, would do it today is Peter. And that really could have worked just fine with the other choices. It also provides groundwork for a story arc of somebody with the insight and contrast of Big Brother formats from the very beginning to what it is today.

I don’t hate their selection of Housemates, I just think it’s completely off-balance.
Maybe they did approach Peter , Sara Marie and who knows who else and they declined?

Maybe they did approach Peter , Sara Marie and who knows who else and they declined?
We know they approached multiple alumni who accepted - but were ultimately cut in favour of those that got chosen. Hence my feedback on the final selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back