Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Pre-season build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jebus, those two would be even more tedious to watch than Tully and Drew. Spare us.
I've still never forgiven the 2005 housemates for not voting out Greg when they had the chance, bloody morons. David would never had won on his own, he might have been the biggest fuckwit of all the boys club that year. Greg was the palatable ' good looking nice guy' that the tween/teens always vote for to win.

I've still never forgiven the 2005 housemates for not voting out Greg when they had the chance, bloody morons. David would never had won on his own, he might have been the biggest fuckwit of all the boys club that year. Greg was the palatable ' good looking nice guy' that the tween/teens always vote for to win.
ED8472BB-ADBB-42C7-BC90-9E76481A9C12.jpeg

I was thinking the other day. Have Intruders for this series been categorically ruled out? Might make sense if they're spreading things out a bit more than the 'Eviction per episode format (and sometimes a fake)' of the past two series, but there'll only be 16 HM's or so. It'd be funny if halfway through you hear 'HEYYY BITCHES' and in walks Zach, Vesna and Sara Marie or something.

I was thinking the other day. Have Intruders for this series been categorically ruled out? Might make sense if they're spreading things out a bit more than the 'Eviction per episode format (and sometimes a fake)' of the past two series, but there'll only be 16 HM's or so. It'd be funny if halfway through you hear 'HEYYY BITCHES' and in walks Zach, Vesna and Sara Marie or something.
That would be sick. Vesna did pop up here to say she didn’t make the final cut for the show though, and I don’t think that was a fakeout.

I expect more HMs to be revealed in the coming weeks. I'm not holding any hope for more All Stars though, but you never know.

I expect more HMs to be revealed in the coming weeks. I'm not holding any hope for more All Stars though, but you never know.

A person who named to me the returning housemates is certain that the line up isn’t completely revealed yet and there’s two more names. Those names being Sara-Marie and Merlin. I’ve given up hope on it being true. But the rumour has to come from somewhere.

A person who named to me the returning housemates is certain that the line up isn’t completely revealed yet and there’s two more names. Those names being Sara-Marie and Merlin. I’ve given up hope on it being true. But the rumour has to come from somewhere.
Perhaps they will go in later as intruders. I wouldn't expect them to spill the beans on everything. Although they're showing clips from the first episode, so hmmm... Anyway don't give up hope just yet.

I have a gut instinct this may be going somewhere, to be honest… cc: your post about the seasons featured in the flashback footage.

Plus, only 8 returnees feels somewhat out-balanced with (presumably) 12 new contestants. Guess we’ll see…

On the other hand, what makes me doubt it - or those two HMs, namely - is someone like both Sara-Marie and Merlin are 100x better fits for marketing pre-season, than as mid-season intruders with little to no publicity.

On TV tonight: Josh, is a 32-year-old former international model from Byron Bay (!) who is one of 15 new housemates taking on 8 returning players from previous seasons.

That's only 23. They could possibly squeeze another two or so returning players.

I quite like him...

While I'm all for not counting chickens... I wouldn't be surprised if Seven brought back more alumni if this series meets expectations.
Well, they've retained the house so they're clearly at least waiting to see how it performs. After the VIP train wreck I thought there was a good chance they would bail. I suppose as long as they had paid the rent it was no big deal to leave it up a bit longer. And opening it to the public was smart to give this season some publicity.

See I said something positive. Don't tell Bleachy though.

Well, they've retained the house so they're clearly at least waiting to see how it performs. After the VIP train wreck I thought there was a good chance they would bail. I suppose as long as they had paid the rent it was no big deal to leave it up a bit longer. And opening it to the public was smart to give this season some publicity.

See I said something positive. Don't tell Bleachy though.
I’m still hoping this series is a failure for them but wouldn’t be surprised if there was at least another outing.

Eh, I feel like this season is more of a last hurrah for the old HGs before divorcing them from memory completely. Then again, no-one thought they’d ever be brought back in the first place, so I guess never say never.

7 not including their own HGs makes me super suspicious that next season/after will be All Stars if it gets renewed.

The promo feels very final to me. Almost as a way to end the series. I'd love to be proven wrong, but it just seems like a last minute attempt to gain some viewers for what is a half-arsed attempt at the show.
It’s definitely a desperate ratings grab which is why I’m certain they’ll bring back more alumni for a second series if it preforms. I don’t think they’ll go for full All-Stars though. Fans vs Favourites gives for the older fans something to look forward to and newbies adds a bit of excitement for casuals.

That said the fact that it’s a desperate ratings grab is why I’m rooting for another misfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back