Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Pre-season build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its seemed to have worked ok for DWTS 2 years running so do ya reckon there'll be a third DWTS All Stars in 2023 or they'll give it a rest and go back to regular with celebs that haven't done the show before (like the 'Wildcards' they had for All Stars).

Well its seemed to have worked ok for DWTS 2 years running so do ya reckon there'll be a third DWTS All Stars in 2023 or they'll give it a rest and go back to regular with celebs that haven't done the show before (like the 'Wildcards' they had for All Stars).
I guess it's different in the sense that those are all actual well-known, current celebrities who happened to be on the show previously, and hence brought back. And there's a plethora to choose from.

Here, we're dealing with virtual nobodies who happened to become well-known for a hot minute and are more-or-less not relevant anymore. (At least in the grand scheme of things they're not... to us they always will be, lol. ;))

She looks fantastic especially given all she's been through. It will be interesting to see how she navigates a strategic game, I suspect she will mostly take the advise of others. I would put all the money in the world on her being 'saved' by a non elim or return twist at some point, and really if they have to have 8 of those a season one should be saving entertaining people like her at least the first time around.

I think we all agree here that we hope your experience was better than your 2012 one.

So I guess none of you guys on the show have any idea of when this is going to air?
Honestly your guess is as good as ours.
We were told Easter that was months ago obviously hasn’t happened yet.

The experience was totally different I’ll say that much.

Especially this whole waiting game where as last time we were living it and it was live it’s so wild.

Honestly your guess is as good as ours.
We were told Easter that was months ago obviously hasn’t happened yet.

The experience was totally different I’ll say that much.

Especially this whole waiting game where as last time we were living it and it was live it’s so wild.

I’m interested to see how yourself and the other returnees compare the two formats and experiences.

Do you have a preference of which format you prefer? Did you find discussing nominations and completing in challenges was more suited to you? Or would you say the original format suits you more?
Gosh… how does one compare ? It’s like apples and organges.

There’s this weird experience with it not being live.

Even though I was oblivious to my support last time until the end, I felt an energy, of support. This time it felt dead. Like no one knew so there wasn’t that collective sort of consciousness? Does this make sense ?

Challenges scared the egg out of me. The first ones I genuinely thought I could die, it was ridiculous.

I can’t give too much away. But of course I’m a sucker for old format.
Talking about nominations feels like gossip to me and I hate gossip typically. Then you’re forced into “strat chats” all the BLOODY time. To the point I nearly had a break down at times because no one wanted to talk anything of substances. All STRAT.
So I often took Strat-cations where I refused to talk game and hung out alone haha.

This time it felt dead. Like no one knew so there wasn’t that collective sort of consciousness? Does this make sense ?
Yeah I can imagine with no live crosses, you would definitely miss that excitement and vibe in this format.

Did it feel less authentic? Just comes across like HMs are on the clock jumping through hoops in the day and then it's all downtime and they turn off the cameras on Seven's version. Do you ever see the producers and crew whilst in there?

Yeah I can imagine with no live crosses, you would definitely miss that excitement and vibe in this format.

Did it feel less authentic? Just comes across like HMs are on the clock jumping through hoops in the day and then it's all downtime and they turn off the cameras on Seven's version. Do you ever see the producers and crew whilst in there?
This was the hardest thing.
We were truly exhausted. All the adrenaline for the challenges and evictions and little down time.
Yeah we saw crew, all of that is really weird.

Not sure how much I’m allowed to say, so I’ll err on side of caution for now and say it was like a completely different show. Especially not having the return on the great Leon Murray & Pete Cunningham..

This was the hardest thing.
We were truly exhausted. All the adrenaline for the challenges and evictions and little down time.
Yeah we saw crew, all of that is really weird.

Not sure how much I’m allowed to say, so I’ll err on side of caution for now and say it was like a completely different show. Especially not having the return on the great Leon Murray & Pete Cunningham..

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Once Nine picked up the show and dropped the live streams it was open season on authenticity, and it showed. Seven has trashed whatever was left.

Not sure how much I’m allowed to say, so I’ll err on side of caution for now and say it was like a completely different show.
Can't wait until that contract expires and you can freely talk about the show without any restrictions, if you want to that is. It's going to be interesting since when there is contractual obligations to stick to, we know that Estelle will say and do exactly what she wants. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back