Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Pre-season build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always say this when discussing All Stars but when you go back more than a couple of years the truth is when you're casting housemates from a decade ago you're not getting the housemates from a decade ago. People change in a decade - but the viewers haven't been on that journey with them so kind of expect them to be in the same mould. I think generally though if they are who they appeared to be first time around it can actually come across as fake and as the housemates playing up to their character - and viewers will see straight through that.

I actually really want to see Tully be emotionally stronger than she was last time. She knows what to expect this time but she has had the worst happen to her. I think the last few years she has had to change and grow a lot due to the experience of last time and the after math. I do expect some emotion though especially if they did blindside both her and drew by putting them in there together - that is going to open some old wounds.

When ever RTV shows mix newbies and returnees I admittedly fall into the trap of disregarding the newbies. I don't really care about the game this season, my only interest is seeing the returnees. If Tully Tim and Drew control the game then I don't care what happens as long as Reggie is there for the ride with them. If there weren't any returnees this year I doubt I'd watch it. Last year I had to force myself to watch but I was always 6 episodes behind at a time.

From my experience there are usually a few newbies in the pack that become All-Stars in their own right but for the most part the majority are usually duds.
From BBUS there aren't many newbies from returnees I can say I was actively rooting for, Survivor there may have. None at the top of my head tho.

I always say this when discussing All Stars but when you go back more than a couple of years the truth is when you're casting housemates from a decade ago you're not getting the housemates from a decade ago. People change in a decade - but the viewers haven't been on that journey with them so kind of expect them to be in the same mould. I think generally though if they are who they appeared to be first time around it can actually come across as fake and as the housemates playing up to their character - and viewers will see straight through that.

…I think that there is a lot of truth in what you say Brekkie… some of the All Stars will be completely different to the way they used to be all those years ago… some would’ve watched repeats of their series… seen what they did wrong last time (even if they won it)… and learned what they did to piss people off during their ‘journey’ to prevent making those mistakes again no doubt… others won’t do their homework and will be their old selves and will be booted out sooner most probably…

…someone (like my favourite Tim) might not take winning it so seriously this time around and just treat it as a paid holiday and just ‘chillax’ his way throughout the whole show and just sit there and ‘stir the pot’ just to piss people off just for the fun of it… or he may still be his same old self and go all out to win it… who really knows?… either way for me and I’ll be content with that anyway… it’ll just be pure fun and a pleasure just to watch him again for any length of time at least… he has always been a fun element for me anyway so I have nothing to lose at all lol!…

…anyone that expects them to be exactly as they were back then are kidding themselves… although… Tully will still be Tully methinks… and the expected ‘romance’ developing between her and Drew will fizz out to absolute sweet fuck all… (probably why Tully looks like she’s sulking all the time)… Drew might of thought… ”fuck that!… never again!”… pissing the Producers right off… with them thinking “fuck it!… there goes THAT storyline!… bummer”… anyway… whatever happens don’t matter to me… just as long as I can see Tim… (Mrs Sticky likes him too… we RARELY like the same housemates so this will be a different experience for me lol!… cheers.

In my opinion I feel that the selection of housemates who are returning may be the same version of themselves. Tim no doubt will provide quality content like he always does. Tully will be interesting either way, she'll either have changed immensely or not at all and either outcome will be fun to watch. Reggie will still be Reggie, Estelle has an interesting arc of redemption so either way she'll be intriguing viewing. Drew, Layla and Trevor will only offer so much but I don't think that means they'll be much different to last time anyway. David will have done a lot of changing in his time but it will be interesting to see. I think the selection they have are either largely likely to be the same, or at least interesting to see change.

I think Tully will play the better game this time. It’ll be interesting to see how she goes with seeing Drew hook up with another housemate. Someone that I keep forgetting about is Layla. I have a feeling she won’t last long. She hasn’t really been in any promos at all. But she most likely will get one soon enough. Just as Estelle hasn’t gotten a promo yet. Someone like Ari last year wasn’t in any promos leading up to launch and he turned out to be a big character and lasting to almost the end. So I suppose promos don’t really mean much

I think Tully will play the better game this time. It’ll be interesting to see how she goes with seeing Drew hook up with another housemate. Someone that I keep forgetting about is Layla. I have a feeling she won’t last long. She hasn’t really been in any promos at all. But she most likely will get one soon enough. Just as Estelle hasn’t gotten a promo yet. Someone like Ari last year wasn’t in any promos leading up to launch and he turned out to be a big character and lasting to almost the end. So I suppose promos don’t really mean much
Well you think about it. Last year, Marley, SJ, Tilly, Mary & Danny are all people who sufficed into the top 10 or within two thirds of the entire length of the series. The others who got promos were Mel, Nick, Carlos, Lillian & Katie and they all left within the first third. So it’s kind of a mixed bag. Also, Seven basically gives away who’s gonna be a main storyline with these promos anyways. It’s very half and half, but you’ll easily pick up who is destined to go far.

Hmm. I don’t want to presume the unthinkable but what does that music (not the past opening clips) sound like to everybody else? Anyone else hear a potential slower, lullaby/haunting version of the theme as an underscore - with the 4th, 5th and 7th beats intercut with the old footage? Or am I going wildly crazy?

It bloody better be the theme song and opening credits coming back in some way!!

If, somehow it is, it looks to me like it’s possibly only just the very beginning intro to the first episode - a fade in on the DR chair, a slowed down sample of music in a similar tune to the old theme plays (5 or so seconds max), cue flashback footage, current BB voice welcomes us back, etc etc, moves onto Sonia outside the house. Not necessarily a return of the theme all season.

Maybe?

I think low chance of having a theme. But ya never know!
Home and Away doesn’t have a theme song anymore does it?

If, somehow it is, it looks to me like it’s possibly only just the very beginning intro to the first episode - a fade in on the DR chair, a slowed down sample of music in a similar tune to the old theme plays (5 or so seconds max), cue flashback footage, current BB voice welcomes us back, etc etc, moves onto Sonia outside the house. Not necessarily a return of the theme all season.

Maybe?
Also, Gretel has been rather quiet about the new season featuring people from her era. I wonder if she’ll make an appearance somehow? 🙊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back