Skip to main content

Big Brother Australia 2022 - Back To The Future - Pre-season build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
It blows my mind that it was 21 years ago. I was in Year 11. I remember the excitement I had for it, and the feeling of seeing the HM’s being greeted by Gretel with all the fans along the walkway and the HM’s walking in the big doors into the yard.

I love that you share your love of BB with your mum @Zcsund1234. For me, my mum really only liked to watch news programs on TV 🙄 but she watched every episode along with me while I lived at home. She barely missed an episode haha, all along only tolerating it for me…. Even watching up late with me while I was doing uni assignments in later years.

It really was culturally iconic. For me nothing has matched the feeling of watching BB and Australian Idol (especially the Opera House Grand finals) in terms of event television ever!

Happy bday BB 😍

Love they’re really taking a nod to the yesteryears of BBAU. All we’ve wanted to was there to be some continuity of at least an acknowledgment that previous iterations actually existed. I remember the faint memories of witnessing it first on Ten. I actually got to meet some of the ‘07 cast at the 4KQ Christmas Party. It was really fun.

Glad my love for Big Brother has been consistent and lasted for so long :)❤️

I love that you share your love of BB with your mum @Zcsund1234. For me, my mum really only liked to watch news programs on TV 🙄 but she watched every episode along with me while I lived at home. She barely missed an episode haha, all along only tolerating it for me…. Even watching up late with me while I was doing uni assignments in later years.

It must be genetic? She remembers feeding me one day when I was barely a year old and turning on the TV to some show called big brother. She had no idea what it was and just watched it her love started there. This went on to lead to annual trips to dreamworld, many hours of putting my sister and I to bed before 7:30 and also watching the live feeds as she cleaned the house while I was at school. It’s forever engrained in my mind that Big Brother is a huge thing.

It must be genetic? She remembers feeding me one day when I was barely a year old and turning on the TV to some show called big brother. She had no idea what it was and just watched it her love started there. This went on to lead to annual trips to dreamworld, many hours of putting my sister and I to bed before 7:30 and also watching the live feeds as she cleaned the house while I was at school. It’s forever engrained in my mind that Big Brother is a huge thing.
Genetic. That’s cute 🥰 let’s go nature over nurture fo sho!

…thanks for that bleachy my friend… seeing some of those continuous shots makes the house look kinda big as opposed to seeing the house through wall/ceiling mounted cameras eh?… still… getting a perspective from someone that has actually been in the house for a few weeks would be an interesting thing to read… like… does ‘cabin fever’ or claustrophobia set in after a while?.. that’s why I asked Estelle I guess?… thanks for the video and your input Bleachy… cheers.
Sorry I sometime miss posts and missed these questions.
The house was so much smaller. Just the lack of yard space in comparison to the other house. And ours was separated by the pool and yard, we then had the kitchen too. It made for very little privacy when trying to “strat-chat” and scramble.

Also being the nature lover it felt quite artificial but I managed to see real gumtrees on the outside I made friends with. Along with some of the real inside plants. But it’s small. I ran laps from one end of the house to the other and I think one lap was about 97 metres from the furthest points.

Diary room was half the size… not the dream world budget but they did well

…thanks for the answer Estelle… I never thought about the old v new house size comparisons before so you answered a few questions there lol!… so it does seem that things do look bigger on TV at times then?… interesting… and… I can understand where being in touch with nature as opposed to an artificial environment can come into play with someone’s mindset too… thanks for enlightening us Estelle… cheers.

It is very sweet, I wonder if many people share that BB bond with their parents, particularly those your age?

I have several friends whose parents watched the show. There’s a lot of people my age I know who remember specific moments of watching big brother, a lot of it is Friday night live.

Ah ok maybe not so unusual then. I suppose it makes sense if your mum was roughly the demo at the time and then it passes onto their kids. My mum is only a few years older than yours (based on your comments about Terri) but sadly she was only a casual watcher.

I'd say they're incorporating the theme. Looks like it'll be an interesting series. Layla was in the package, too. Apologies if that was common knowledge. I come and go from here every few weeks 😂

See, I disagree. It is still VERY much the same show Seven has served up the last two years. The only difference is they are trying to incorporate elements purposely to reel in viewers who want a return of, or a sentiment for, the original format. Am I appreciative that they’re finally acknowledging the previous iterations? Definitely. Can I see through their bullshit? Definitely.

The use of the theme (which is obviously for the first ep’s intro montage only) is cool - but tell me I wasn’t the only one who felt the vibe completely drop several notches the moment Sonia started her narration and the same old pre-recorded season preview started…

That’s not me trying to be negative, just realistic.

See, I disagree. It is still VERY much the same show Seven has served up the last two years. The only difference is they are trying to incorporate elements purposely to reel in viewers who want a return of, or a sentiment for, the original format. Am I appreciative that they’re finally acknowledging the previous iterations? Definitely. Can I see through their bullshit? Definitely.

The use of the theme (which is obviously for the first ep’s intro montage only) is cool - but tell me I wasn’t the only one who felt the vibe completely drop several notches the moment Sonia started her narration and the same old pre-recorded season preview started…

That’s not me trying to be negative, just realistic.
I present you my first comment after the series was announced.

DA9AAE5B-3017-4B50-B4C3-74821227298E.jpeg

…I wish that they would dump Sonia… she is so fake to me… I think that if you met her in real life and went to touch her that your hand would pass right through her… she only manages hosting the show by reading the idiot boards or the autocue plus by having the Producers hand up her back operating the mouth and eyes… she needs to go… cheers.

I never expected the show to be improved so for me the promo neither looks worse or better, I’m just excited to watch the old housemates. I’m not looking at this as a season of big brother at all, just a new reality TV series with BBAU housemates participating. If I end up enjoying it then it is what it is.

I never expected the show to be improved so for me the promo neither looks worse or better, I’m just excited to watch the old housemates. I’m not looking at this as a season of big brother at all, just a new reality TV series with BBAU housemates participating. If I end up enjoying it then it is what it is.

…a good way of looking at it Zcsund my friend… in fact… I might try and adopt that attitude too (let’s see how long that lasts eh?… any bets on till when I lose it and go on one or my rants lol!)… cheers.

I don’t think anyone is trying to convince you otherwise…

…a good way of looking at it Zcsund my friend… in fact… I might try and adopt that attitude too (let’s see how long that lasts eh?… any bets on till when I lose it and go on one or my rants lol!)… cheers.
In my mind big brother isn’t even on air down here. It’s not Big Brother, it’s something, but it’s not big brother. Had the returnees not been a part I more than likely wouldn’t have watched. The only reason I kept up with the last series was because I had priority seating for the finale. And look how that ended lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back