Skip to main content

Big Brother and Coronavirus

Brekkie

Staff member
Australia may be in pre-record but for the rest of the world the shows are playing out live and most versions have opted to axe crowds, not send in any more housemates and now inform the housemates about the situation.

Canada told them at the weekend, turning off the live feeds whilst they did. Controversially and incorrectly IMO the German version made a live special out of it, in which the housemates became very distressed. Both followed up the announcements with messages from home.

Meanwhile reboots of Greece and Portugal due to start this week have been postponed, whilst BBUSA has suspended auditions.

BBSpy has some excellent articles about it - see http://www.bbspy.co.uk

Bigg Boss (an Indian version of Big Brother) coronavirus episode - suspended production.

Now reported that they intend to air BB this summer, but the situation is still "fluid".

To be fair even if it didn't get to air till August CBS could probably sacrifice the first few weeks of the fall season as other shows role into production. They could probably also air a shortened run but with more weekly eps if needs be.

Now reported that they intend to air BB this summer, but the situation is still "fluid".

This feels as optimistic as Trump thinking the US will be "back open" by Easter.

The US is getting totally smashed by COVID-19, they will still be working through it come June/July.

And Sweden has been so relaxed about Coronavirus - not even a lockdown. Big Brother Sweden continues too, though they have stopped adding housemates due to COVID-19. According to Wiki though two of the hosts quit when producers wouldn't eject a participant with Nazi tattoos.

CBS is being rather "optimistic" for the American formats of Big Brother and Love Island. The network is being "confident" the two will return this summer but later than planned. Meanwhile they already released their full fall lineup with no noticeable changes except The Amazing Race season 32 has been rescheduled again to Wednesdays at 9pm. (I'm beginning to wonder if this will ever air.)

While I would like for their plans to come to fruition something tells me the best case scenario here would be Big Brother actually being delayed to the fall to fill programming gaps if it can air in 2020 at all. All the other networks, including CBS's sibling CW is taking more cautious approaches.

Yes, that seems the most likely outcome and really even if it became safe to film Big Brother by say the end of July it makes much more sense to hold it back to fill three slots a week in the fall. The Amazing Race was bumped again as they didn't want to waste newly filmed content in the summer.

BBUSA trying to put together an All Stars series now to air this year, though struggling with casting as unsurprisingly after being in lockdown for a few months even ex-houseguests don't want to be in lockdown for a few months.

BBUSA trying to put together an All Stars series now to air this year, though struggling with casting as unsurprisingly after being in lockdown for a few months even ex-houseguests don't want to be in lockdown for a few months.

I can understand the thinking behind this but can’t for the life of me think of a single HM in the last decade worth bringing back... Or at least not anyone who hasn’t already been back for a second chance. It’s also extremely dangerous territory given past racial controversy. I think it’s best if they can’t produce a regular series to delay or postpone the series indefinitely.

Not bothered about Love Island but hope things can get better enough in the US so that there is a chance of BB airing.

I see a video added to my post above, I did not add that.

I can understand the thinking behind this but can’t for the life of me think of a single HM in the last decade worth bringing back... Or at least not anyone who hasn’t already been back for a second chance. It’s also extremely dangerous territory given past racial controversy. I think it’s best if they can’t produce a regular series to delay or postpone the series indefinitely.
It would probably end up being Paul again and Donny. Struggling to remember anyone elses names actually - and that's how I like it. Once the season is done lets move on to the next batch.

It would probably end up being Paul again and Donny. Struggling to remember anyone elses names actually - and that's how I like it. Once the season is done lets move on to the next batch.

All-Stars was a great series because the majority of the cast was worth seeing a second time around. We’ve had too many recent series that have included second chances that all we’re left with is the z-squad. If they’re that desperate for a series they’d be better off throwing together an extended version of CBB.

From recent seasons, i could see them getting people like frankie, paulie, cody, jozea. Hopefully Da'vonne she was an amazing hg.

Back