• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

Big Brother and Coronavirus

BBantUK07

The Legit Boss 💵
It is true that theres no one really worth bringing back from recent seasons. Only ones i'd like to see off the top of my head nicole maybe tommy last season, franky, da'vonne.

Brekkie

Staff member
Nothing official or unofficial yet but from a little bit of chatter around social media it looks like the potential All Stars for BBUSA could be going into isolation within the next week or two, which would suggest they'd go into the house a couple of weeks after that so potentially the show will go to air by the end of July.

On the flip side of course the whole situation seems to have taken a turn for the worse in many US states who are now suffering the consequences of opening too soon.

Kingston

Canadian Royality
Nothing official or unofficial yet but from a little bit of chatter around social media it looks like the potential All Stars for BBUSA could be going into isolation within the next week or two, which would suggest they'd go into the house a couple of weeks after that so potentially the show will go to air by the end of July.

On the flip side of course the whole situation seems to have taken a turn for the worse in many US states who are now suffering the consequences of opening too soon.
LA is currently on the verge of a second lockdown due to a recent rise in cases in the area. Some restrictions are already back in place.

nobo71

Here's a video I posted on YouTube back in March on COVID-19 and Big Brother. Some people liked it and some people hated it.

Kingston

Canadian Royality
BBUSA reportedly returning on July 12th, but not with the season premiere.
I think there's a reason why two weeks out they've yet to announce anything. With the way things are going right now there's still a very good chance this series won't move forward...

Kingston

Canadian Royality

The 12th may hold some significance but I doubt we’ll see anything close to a premiere day until late August or September. The California governor announced a new list of restrictions due to a recent spike in COVID cases today so I’d assume until things are once again on a decline we aren’t likely to see any signs of a premiere date.

Also BBUS turns 20 on Sunday!

Last edited:

Kingston

Canadian Royality
Obviously there are some different variables at play but I think we can draw some conclusions about BB22 from this timeline. The most glaring conclusion being the wait and see approach... Clearly BB starting preproduction now is a smart idea because they can mobilize a series a lot faster than Survivor can but is not necessarily a clear indication of an imminent series. I’d say any rumours circulating at the moment are just rabid fans overreaching as usual.

Kingston

Canadian Royality
Well rumour in Twitter is BB22 is a go and an announcement is imminent...

03F83B08-A6E1-49E0-8E21-3C7575D9958C.jpeg

That said I think Andy is the voice of reason here...

177D04DE-4353-4045-9D84-DB04F41BD8E4.jpeg