Skip to main content

Big Brother and Coronavirus

It is true that theres no one really worth bringing back from recent seasons. Only ones i'd like to see off the top of my head nicole maybe tommy last season, franky, da'vonne.

Nothing official or unofficial yet but from a little bit of chatter around social media it looks like the potential All Stars for BBUSA could be going into isolation within the next week or two, which would suggest they'd go into the house a couple of weeks after that so potentially the show will go to air by the end of July.

On the flip side of course the whole situation seems to have taken a turn for the worse in many US states who are now suffering the consequences of opening too soon.

Nothing official or unofficial yet but from a little bit of chatter around social media it looks like the potential All Stars for BBUSA could be going into isolation within the next week or two, which would suggest they'd go into the house a couple of weeks after that so potentially the show will go to air by the end of July.

On the flip side of course the whole situation seems to have taken a turn for the worse in many US states who are now suffering the consequences of opening too soon.

LA is currently on the verge of a second lockdown due to a recent rise in cases in the area. Some restrictions are already back in place.

Here's a video I posted on YouTube back in March on COVID-19 and Big Brother. Some people liked it and some people hated it.

BBUSA reportedly returning on July 12th, but not with the season premiere.

I think there's a reason why two weeks out they've yet to announce anything. With the way things are going right now there's still a very good chance this series won't move forward...

The 12th may hold some significance but I doubt we’ll see anything close to a premiere day until late August or September. The California governor announced a new list of restrictions due to a recent spike in COVID cases today so I’d assume until things are once again on a decline we aren’t likely to see any signs of a premiere date.

Also BBUS turns 20 on Sunday!

Last edited:
Arguably Big Brother turns 20 in the US on Sunday, but Big Brother USA is only turning 19 this year. :wink:

Arguably Big Brother turns 20 in the US on Sunday, but Big Brother USA is only turning 19 this year. :wink:

Very clever... Despite the different format BB 2000 is still considered cannon which is why the upcoming series is 22.

Obviously there are some different variables at play but I think we can draw some conclusions about BB22 from this timeline. The most glaring conclusion being the wait and see approach... Clearly BB starting preproduction now is a smart idea because they can mobilize a series a lot faster than Survivor can but is not necessarily a clear indication of an imminent series. I’d say any rumours circulating at the moment are just rabid fans overreaching as usual.

Well rumour in Twitter is BB22 is a go and an announcement is imminent...

03F83B08-A6E1-49E0-8E21-3C7575D9958C.jpeg

That said I think Andy is the voice of reason here...

177D04DE-4353-4045-9D84-DB04F41BD8E4.jpeg

From recent seasons, i could see them getting people like frankie, paulie, cody, jozea. Hopefully Da'vonne she was an amazing hg.

Da'vonne was good first time around, second time around I thought she was too much. With some HGs once you've seen them there's not really anything more to see imo. Twice is probably enough on Big Brother anyway, it's not like it's got as much strategy as Survivor.

Wasn't Da'vonne only in for a couple of weeks first time around?

I do agree in general I'd rather not see people who've played twice, especially when they got far in the game both times. Dan Gheesling from BB10/BB14 seems a certainty and is one of the best housemates ever, but I've little interest in seeing him a third time. Same goes for Paul - runner up twice but nobody enjoyed watching him the second time around, never mind third.

Rehashing the same people over multiple series is the exact reason All-Stars is a poor choice. Also the lack of choice in players is yet another opportunity to speak about how weak casting has been in the last decade. Recently I’ve watched a few super cuts of early series and in those days even players that weren’t as well liked were worth watching again because we actually had a reason to dislike them in the context of the game. Rather than because they were dull, homophobic, racist, misogynistic etc.

An All Stars season doesn’t particularly excite me because they’ve diluted the concept of players returning. They’ve already reused enough players since series 7 to cast an entire All Stars.

my interest in BB USA has increasingly waned due to their awful casting.

I don't mind a full on All Stars now as it is 14 years since they've done that and to be fair they have scaled back in recent years on returning houseguests, so not so much of an issue now as it was 4 or 5 years ago. Also hopefully it closes the book somewhat on the cast so far and moving forward for however long the show remains on air we should get at least a couple of seasons full of newbies and then future returnees will be from the newer casts.

I’m not sure why CBS doesn’t just put the show on hold indefinitely... Given the current situation shooting for “the end of the month” is beyond optimistic. At the rate cases have been climbing it’s unlikely the current surge will be under control in such a short period of time. They’d be better of delaying a decision until at least the fall rather run cycling through temporary delay after delay. Ideally airing two series next year.

Back