Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

Today they released a promo about the eco/sustainabilty features of the house. Really? Great in reality, but more feel good factor for stakeholders. It's not going to compel the public to watch, and not well communicated. Why aren't they focussing effort and energy on eyeballs? 😳😆
The day after a promo going "Look - artificial snow!"

Saw the snow ads at Woolworths, it had very strategic slow mo shots of Daniel (I think?) shirtless playing in the snow, it also had Marissa serving hypothermic eleganza, the clips were edited to give an “instagram boomerang style” look.

Given the average age of the HMs was 30+, I wonder if they had to rally their enthusiasm? If I was in there, it's be a very cynical eye-rolling "Christmas in July, in fucking April?? Please we're adults here, why do you treat us like 8yos?" - and then be called to the DR to be told off by producers, followed by instructions to fake it for the cameras.

Given the average age of the HMs was 30+, I wonder if they had to rally their enthusiasm? If I was in there, it's be a very cynical eye-rolling "Christmas in July, in fucking April?? Please we're adults here, why do you treat us like 8yos?" - and then be called to the DR to be told off by producers, followed by instructions to fake it for the cameras.

Unwise move since they are wanting to draw in the younger viewers. I think this will backfire on them.

Unwise move since they are wanting to draw in the younger viewers. I think this will backfire on them.
Well it is odd. They have taken the one aspect of 10's BB show that most appealed to children/young people (FNL) and used that as the main basis of the whole show, while stacking the house with people much older than the eyeballs they're trying to get. I'm happy to have an older demograph for BB, but it seems like a strange casting choice for this format.

Part of me hopes that they'll learn from the mistakes they make this season and improve, but then another part of me is worried that they're gonna do too much damage to the brand and it will be unrepairable.

But then again the series hasn't aired yet so there is still a slim chance and hope we could all be blown away.

Last edited:
20 total. 8 revealed so far.
I don't know how many people have predicted this but based on what we know (20 HM's, 20 EP's, an eviction every episode) I think we'll have 2 intruders enter I'll guess after the first 3 evictions because if you have an eviction every episode, and the same amount of episodes as you do HM's, then you'll be left with no one and because (from what I've seen) they'll have a finale episode, making it 21 episode in total they need 2 more people for the numbers to add up.

I think we'll have 2 intruders enter I'll guess after the first 3 evictions
Depending on the Covid situation at the time it might have been risky to send new people in. Another possibility is that one or two HMs get evicted but get a chance to re-enter the house (a la Lego Masters). Or maybe there are one or two non-eviction eps.

I don't know how many people have predicted this but based on what we know (20 HM's, 20 EP's, an eviction every episode) I think we'll have 2 intruders enter I'll guess after the first 3 evictions because if you have an eviction every episode, and the same amount of episodes as you do HM's, then you'll be left with no one and because (from what I've seen) they'll have a finale episode, making it 21 episode in total they need 2 more people for the numbers to add up.

One of the original articles (can’t remember the source sadly) mentioned 22 and then corrected to 20... so I think you might be right.

So 7 are really leaving no surprises for launch night? I see this getting an alright figure for launch, around 700-800k, before flopping big time. No one asked for this bastardised version of BB.
I suspect they want to rip straight into it with a challenge and eviction right from ep 1.

Back