Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

I don't really like the eviction every night but the challenges look interesting.
I actually thought the same... then thought if the challenges are different enough perhaps it might work - I reckon if Masterchef had an elimination every night regardless of if it was a mystery box challenge, team challenge, immunity challenge or other - but someone had to go home nightly regardless of the night - the show would still work as well as it does, so if BBAUs challenge differ enough in style and the reasons for the evictions differed it might just work! Time will tell but I must say I’m getting more excited as it draws closer to premiering! 😊

If it’s true that only 3 episodes per week, will we get much time at all to get to know the housemates and their stories? Unless it’ll all be via online video content and spin-off shows

I havent seen any bb apart from oz. (dont ban me).
So Im clueless about how a non-public vote out thing works?
As in, fellow housemates do the bidding.
Better or worse for pathos?

What we've seen of the house looks pretty good - small but perfectly adequate. Don't think we've seen anything other than the living areas yet though.

I havent seen any bb apart from oz. (dont ban me).
So Im clueless about how a non-public vote out thing works?
As in, fellow housemates do the bidding.
Better or worse for pathos?
Generally speaking in the US/Canada the nominees are chosen by the HoH (though sometimes they'll be a third either through a twist or a public vote) and then the housemates, except the HoH and nominees, vote to evict - simply going one by one and stating who they are evicting with no requirement to give a reason (it's usually "game" rather than being pissed off with their day to day habits). In the event of a tie the HoH will have the final word.

It takes some getting used too but once you begin to appreciate the format it's actually a stronger social experiment than just being a popularity contest.

Yep. Get the thinking. A readjustment of my sensibilities but has a great potential for my unseen eyes.
Cheers brekkie.

Do we have any info into episode duration?

Will all three weekly eps be the same length? Personally, I think the show would benefit from a 90 min timeslot, but I'm wary of casual viewers growing tired of 90 min episodes 3x a week.

I think for the space, budget and episode count the house is pretty damn decent. There are small details in the actual walls that show effort has been put into this.
I’m quite surprised. Like the idea of the LED wall, it’s a nice addition.
Yes the outside is small but I think overall they I’ve done really well.
Not a fan of FNL and eviction every night I think people will tire of the format IMO. It’ll be very repetitive.

Do we have any info into episode duration?

Will all three weekly eps be the same length? Personally, I think the show would benefit from a 90 min timeslot, but I'm wary of casual viewers growing tired of 90 min episodes 3x a week.
I'd be surprised if they weren't 90 minutes - most "hour long" shows have drifted that way now whether they're scheduled for a 90 minute slot or not.

Back