Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020: Promos and teasers (contains spoilers)

Some facts from the NZ broadcast of Seven's incarnation of Big Brother:
  • Premieres in NZ on 28/06 and ends on 18/08.
  • Every episode is 90 minutes in length.
  • There will be 24 episodes total, airing three episodes per week across eight weeks (which matches the currently announced AU schedule).
So unless Seven adjusts the schedule, the finale should air in Australia on July 28th based on the information above.

Source: Three Q3 2020 Ratecard

Last edited:
  • There will be 24 episodes total, airing three episodes per week across eight weeks (which matches the currently announced AU schedule).
So unless Seven adjusts the schedule, the finale should air in Australia on July 28th based on the information above.

Given that Masterchef is being cut to 3 nights a week, if it has the same number of episodes that it has the past few years then both the Big Brother and Masterchef finale will go head to head.

Thanks for this - very informative. 24 episodes seems about right; an even 20 never did sound right to me.

Looking at all the promos we've been given, I don't think the show is going to be heavily focused on strategy and talk around it. It seems to be more focusing on house tasks and challenges.
That may end up being a mistake as I think viewers need an insight into individuals strategies to understand where the house is going and how they all really see each other. That is where the live feed really comes in to it's own in North America - the show can cover so much but it's fans putting together all the information picked up on the feeds which gives viewers the full picture of how the house is really divided.

New ad just aired showing the latecomers arriving at 1.30am and having a I find their beds in the dark. Looked quite entertaining!

Oh this was my thought exactly! I feel like I will be thinking this the entire time!
It just seems very bizarre that he didn’t hear or check where the obvious sounds were coming from. Even that shot of Allan walking in as Garth walked out seemed very suspicious to me... either set-up or the footage has been masked.

Yep, I’m being cynical already.

Back