Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 production / schedule / format talk

I'm just praying TVBB is just blowing smoke up their own ass to up their reader engagement, the format they've published sounds so unrealistic that Endemol would actually consider it. If I wanted to watch people in apartments filmed 4 months beforehand - I would watch MAFS.

I'm just praying TVBB is just blowing smoke up their own ass to up their reader engagement, the format they've published sounds so unrealistic that Endemol would actually consider it. If I wanted to watch people in apartments filmed 4 months beforehand - I would watch MAFS.

They do love to emphasise in their articles how correct they are, over and over again. Makes it all sound suss.

Although, with Channel 7 going through stuff like this, who knows:

I mean...the whole point of 7 acquiring BB is so that they can beef up their dying 7.30pm slot. 20 episodes over 6 weeks is the bare minimum for a show that can produce months and months worth of content. BB is such a content rich program that has so much to offer. I'm not believing these rumours for a second. It's either a celebrity version of the show or a full version and perhaps that's where the wires are getting crossed. A part of me wonders if their sources are from 9 and are trying to diminish excitement around the revival by making it seem like it's going to be shit. Because at the end of the day BB is something that gets people talking, and if it's anything less than it was people will be rioting.

I mean...the whole point of 7 acquiring BB is so that they can beef up their dying 7.30pm slot. 20 episodes over 6 weeks is the bare minimum for a show that can produce months and months worth of content. BB is such a content rich program that has so much to offer. I'm not believing these rumours for a second. It's either a celebrity version of the show or a full version and perhaps that's where the wires are getting crossed. A part of me wonders if their sources are from 9 and are trying to diminish excitement around the revival by making it seem like it's going to be shit. Because at the end of the day BB is something that gets people talking, and if it's anything less than it was people will be rioting.
Also the whole Feb/Aug thing may hint that they're launching a celeb version in Feb and then a civilian one in Aug. That's such a huge jump in terms of supposed filming and then airing. Wires must be being crossed...

Also the whole Feb/Aug thing may hint that they're launching a celeb version in Feb and then a civilian one in Aug. That's such a huge jump in terms of supposed filming and then airing. Wires must be being crossed...

In the article, it says they will now film in April and the show will air in August.

I wonder if Love Island season two flopping scared Seven off from a traditional BB series?

Anyway, this rumoured new version sounds like a good reality show... just not a good Big Brother show!

News coming in:

News coming in:

Very nice find!
Jan - April, 3 month period which lines up with a decent length BB series. Doesn’t support 20 episodes as TVBB has suggested.
Fingers crossed they will start airing in Feb.

I'm hoping that they'll screen it live in that Q1 slot. In the news since we found out about the return, the reasoning behind seven grabbing Big Brother was to produce a lot of hours of tv. It would be kind of dumb to only have 20 episodes of a 2 month long-ish show.

TVBB have also been reporting that the Masterchef guys are having a show straight after the Olympics on seven so lets hope for the best and found out more in a few hours.

Very nice find!
Jan - April, 3 month period which lines up with a decent length BB series. Doesn’t support 20 episodes as TVBB has suggested.
Fingers crossed they will start airing in Feb.
If it starts shooting in January that doesn’t leave a lot of time to find housemates! Mustn’t be doing a national housemate hunt as in previous years.....

Hopefully they've already been prepping tons for the series and it'll be airing from Feb - April or whatever period is said, I highly doubt they'd pre record it but who knows these days

If it starts shooting in January that doesn’t leave a lot of time to find housemates! Mustn’t be doing a national housemate hunt as in previous years.....

January will most likely be used for pre production as 7 has sport in that month with BB shooting Feb to April.

It would make sense for BB to air Feb to April. MKR April to June/July. Followed by Olympics in July and the new cooking show with Matt and Gary in August after the Olympics.

These dates match up with TVBB before claIming correctness that BB will go up against MAFS

Originally they said that but then in their latest article TVBB said their source said the show will film in April and air in August.

Back