Skip to main content

Big Brother 2020 has finished.

At least the house looks nice? Might be the only thing they got right I reckon.

Attachments

• 48A7A00A-E5BF-4ADE-BD64-5E1B8B3542AB.jpeg
    48A7A00A-E5BF-4ADE-BD64-5E1B8B3542AB.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 7D9BE206-3284-4236-A0D9-486719BA92D5.jpeg
    7D9BE206-3284-4236-A0D9-486719BA92D5.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 57
still can't believe there's no pictures of the inside of the house kicking around anywhere.. even in the middle of dismantling it.

So how long did they film for in total?
Five weeks. I wonder how many eps they'll air a week? If it's five, it'll only air for seven weeks. If it's four (Sun-Wed or Mon-Thu) they could stretch it out to nine weeks to pad some of the hole in their grid left by the Olympics.

Five weeks. I wonder how many eps they'll air a week? If it's five, it'll only air for seven weeks. If it's four (Sun-Wed or Mon-Thu) they could stretch it out to nine weeks to pad some of the hole in their grid left by the Olympics.

According to the channel 7 schedule grid released earlier this year it was supposed to air 3 days a week.

According to the channel 7 schedule grid released earlier this year it was supposed to air 3 days a week.
If it's as big a lemon as it appears, they might go five nights to get it over with 😂😂😂 ...followed by several weeks of Border Security and Motorway Patrol repeats.

If it's as big a lemon as it appears, they might go five nights to get it over with 😂😂😂 ...followed by several weeks of Border Security and Motorway Patrol repeats.

To make the show even worse, TV BlackBox has revealed that the Big Brother voice will be added in post production. At this point I would happy for this version not go to air. Nine and Seven have run this show into the ground. I don't how Endemol could be happy with what Seven has done to Big Brother.

I don't how Endemol could be happy with what Seven has done to Big Brother.

I think it's the other way round. Endemol Shine changed Big Brother to try and pitch it to networks. The rumours from TV Blackbox are that Seven are not happy with what Endemol produced. Sadly though, Seven are desperate for content and there's no way to film more BB because of Corona.

I think it's the other way round. Endemol Shine changed Big Brother to try and pitch it to networks. The rumours from TV Blackbox are that Seven are not happy with what Endemol produced. Sadly though, Seven are desperate for content and there's no way to film more BB because of Corona.
This. Seven picked up the "new BB" format that Endemol had pitched. But if the stories are true, it's the casting which has let it down*, and C-19 may have caused it to be wrapped up faster than originally intended. If that's true then they will have lost quite a bit of non-competition content.

*who is the EP?

This. Seven picked up the "new BB" format that Endemol had pitched. But if the stories are true, it's the casting which has let it down*️, and C-19 may have caused it to be wrapped up faster than originally intended. If that's true then they will have lost quite a bit of non-competition content.

*️who is the EP?
Amelia Fisk

I think BB this year will not be the best ever BB but it will be the best BB that it could have been given the clusterf*ck of obsticles that has been thrown in its way. If people are still in self isolation by the time it airs it probably will be watched out of boredom, even if it is panned. Hopefully Channel seven have and will continue to learn and take on feedback from viewers and improve the format next year.

Predicting this will be a gigantic flop for 7. There is almost no buzz for this show amongst the general public. Expecting MKR like ratings TBH.
To be fair we're still 3-4 months out from it airing.

5 weeks in real time but almost certainly at least 10 eviction cycles. The US format can easily be cycled every 3 days (even quicker if needs be) - although it airs live the actual "game" elements primarily take place Thursday-Saturday, with a Veto Ceremony on Mondays the only thing (other than stragizing) scheduled after Saturday prior to the Thursday live shows. I'd expect each eviction cycle to be 2-3 episodes.

To make the show even worse, TV BlackBox has revealed that the Big Brother voice will be added in post production. At this point I would happy for this version not go to air.
To be fair I'm sure that happened in the original anyway considering you only ever heard one or two voices as Big Brother on the broadcast show after the first couple of seasons - they would use random producers during none core hours as "Big Brother" and then have the more familar voices redub afterwards.

I think BB this year will not be the best ever BB but it will be the best BB that it could have been given the clusterf*️️️ck of obsticles that has been thrown in its way. If people are still in self isolation by the time it airs it probably will be watched out of boredom, even if it is panned. Hopefully Channel seven have and will continue to learn and take on feedback from viewers and improve the format next year.
Exactly - it goes against everything the format is not broadcasting it as it happens and also not having a live feed, but given the current situation it's probably our best shot of getting a complete English language season this year (actually just been reported BBUSA will not air this summer). Had it been broadcast live over the last few weeks it would almost certainly have had to have been pulled like it was in Canada, and had they planned to go live later in the year they'd be question marks over whether it could go ahead at all.

Seven may be losing the Olympics this year but they have House Rules in the can, will have Big Brother in the can and I'm sure I've seen Plate of Origin is pretty much filmed too. On top of that Nine may lose The Block and Love Island this year whilst Ten will lose Survivor and The Bachelor. So as it stands Big Brother will get pretty much a clean run - so will live and die by the casting and production. The hope has to be it does well enough for Seven to do the series properly next year - and with MKR misfiring badly this year and the need to turn around productions quickly in a post COVID-19 world there could be the desire to use Big Brother in Q1 next year, and hence need to broadcast it as it happens.

They keep saying it’s coming very soon?
Surely 3-4 months away can’t be considered very soon?

They keep saying it’s coming very soon?
Surely 3-4 months away can’t be considered very soon?
They stated it's coming "before the Olympics", which gives them plenty of time now 😂

Seriously though, I think scheduling may have changed since Sonia said "very soon".

Seriously though, I think scheduling may have changed since Sonia said "very soon".
They need something competitive to fill Friday, Saturday, and Sunday now that the AFL is fucked for the season + those weeks that were to be filled by the Olympics 👀

Back