Skip to main content

BBUSA: All Stars 2 on CBS

Twist:

The series will reveal a series of new rooms to our All-Star HG's. The first is the Safety Suite. Not one but two HG's will earn the chance to be safe from eviction. Julie says each HG will be given a VIP pass to the suite shortly. We'll find out more on Sunday.

First thoughts: I'm liking the cast. Most are older and aren't likely to fall in to mass alliances. The live show had a ton of filler, although I liked how they played the HoH comp live over the entire episode. I'd be interested to see if they keep the live launch moving forward, some obvious fine tuning and I think they can easily pull it off.

I think Memphis and Cody are obvious allies due to their similarities. Sadly I think they'll end up targeting Kaysar due to his status as an Alpha.

As we have a massive group of woman who've been screwed by men in previous series I'd love to see a strong Alpha female alliance dominate.

I'm not sure why but I'm kind of digging the somewhat low budget vibe of this series... Here are the HM portraits that were so obviously shot on a phone rather than by a professional.

BB22 Cast.jpg

Ok so I’m watching the first challenge. (I haven’t watched BBUS since I watched a couple of the first seasons so I don’t know any of these people).
The house looks pretty cool. Why does one wall say Dans funeral? Was he someone?

Also the first challenge Is a little weird with no commentating.

The HG's finally meet... Julie draws attention to the fact that BB has more marriages than The Bachelor. It's kind of crazy the number of married couples this show has.
Weird! But I guess it makes sense. You can make pretty deep connections living with people. I wonder why BBAU hasn’t produced more long lasting couples.

Ok so I’m watching the first challenge. (I haven’t watched BBUS since I watched a couple of the first seasons so I don’t know any of these people).
The house looks pretty cool. Why does one wall say Dans funeral? Was he someone?

Also the first challenge Is a little weird with no commentating.

Anywhere something is referenced in the house it's tied to a former HG. Dan is the season 10 winner and runner up of season 14. If you're that interested there are clips on YouTube.

Also don't worry about knowing any of these people. It's been years since I've actually been able to sink my teeth in to a series.

Anywhere something is referenced in the house it's tied to a former HG. Dan is the season 10 winner and runner up of season 14. If you're that interested there are clips on YouTube.

Also don't worry about knowing any of these people. It's been years since I've actually been able to sink my teeth in to a series.
Ah so it was a move. Haha I assumed someone had actually died.
The second group got it way easier on the first challenge.

There’s a fair few that I don’t know, but I’m looking forward to getting to know them alongside revisiting legends a few years on. I wonder if the newer housemates will target the earlier ones.

The Live premiere worked well enough for me. I ended up skipping through a few bits because it was quite padded but overall I thought it worked well - personal favourite bit being Julie trying to get them all to sit down and nobody listening.

Fingers crossed it’s a good season. It’s been a few years since I followed a season from start to finish.

There’s a fair few that I don’t know, but I’m looking forward to getting to know them alongside revisiting legends a few years on. I wonder if the newer housemates will target the earlier ones.

The Live premiere worked well enough for me. I ended up skipping through a few bits because it was quite padded but overall I thought it worked well - personal favourite bit being Julie trying to get them all to sit down and nobody listening.

Fingers crossed it’s a good season. It’s been a few years since I followed a season from start to finish.

To be honest I think the easiest and the smartest moves would be to target the HG’s with two or more series or previous winners. Right now the single series players are a group of 6 vs 5. That said I really don’t want to see one group dominate another. Smaller and shifting alliances make for a much more interesting series.

pretty good for the live premiere Maybe we can keep this precedent for future seasons

Can we agree from here on in to not use spoilers for episode content. I think usually we just use it for the live feeds.

Sadly suspect they won't do another live premiere after that, but had it been an hour rather than two it would have flowed much better, moving the 16 players in in four groups and then ending with a HoH Comp. If they do two hours again with 4 comps they need to change the comp for each round. I do like the entrance but think the set would look far better if it wasn't so blue - just makes it looks washout and the brief moments it wasn't blue it looked so much better. Also wish the screens were bigger to the left and right - the design just makes it look like they couldn't afford the final panel for a full screen.

That said though just happy to have some Big Brother content back, done properly with live 24/7 streaming. It remains to be seen whether they get to the end. Also suspect these "secret rooms" will largely be the one room repeatedly redressed. Indeed as their usual secret room is now being used as the Have Not Room not even sure where these rooms could be.

The cast going back so far to BB6/7/8 just reminds me I'm getting old too, but will actually be interesting to see how a few people we knew as 25 year olds plays as 40 year olds.

Anyway, happy with the first HoH. I'm just over half way through watching BB16 - episode 21 is probably the best episode of BBUSA of all time, and the week that follows the best week too. We didn't realise it at the time but that was an All Star season too - they were just playing for the first time rather than the second. OK, Cody would probably be at the lower end of the list of the 8-10 you could say were real All Stars of the game, but glad to see that season represented. Be interesting to see where he stands with Nicole now - indeed with no season having more than 2 players this time around (I think) I'd be targetting those who've already played 2 or 3 times and have cross season connections. Janelle seems the obvious first boot.

I'd rather support those who's second time it is than those who've already been on twice. Don't know the early people, first season I saw was Rachel's second time. Seems strange bringing people back from so far past I'm sure there's deserving recent people who haven't been on twice yet. Even if there hasn't strictly been an All Stars for a long while (?) it really doesn't feel that way with all the returns there have been.

Live show - better than the Australian version already, live competitions shown complete (and they weren't just the standard short totally random result ones). Didn't miss not having a crowd either, the cheering is just done on cue anyway. I was a bit annoyed how they say onvelope rather than envelope lol.

I'd rather support those who's second time it is than those who've already been on twice. Don't know the early people, first season I saw was Rachel's second time. Seems strange bringing people back from so far past I'm sure there's deserving recent people who haven't been on twice yet. Even if there hasn't strictly been an All Stars for a long while (?) it really doesn't feel that way with all the returns there have been.

To me it wouldn’t be All-Stars if they didn’t at least make it seem like they tried to include all series...

Also the only reason we’re seeing All-Stars this year is due to the virus and the ease of pre-production.

Should also be said that this cast has several alternate HG’s... If the rumours of the original cast are true this would have not only skewed the cast in favour of recent series but also added a sizeable block of former winners as well.

Last edited:
Yes, I'd guess Memphis (who says he was only contacted 3 weeks ago) and Keesha (one of the last to be rumoured I think) maybe would be out if Josh and Kaycee hadn't been out partying catching COVID. Josh is a real loss IMO.

I think even though they were casting this series was probably looking like All Stars anyway, though then again that is the rumour every year. I'm surprised actually how far back they've gone - other than BB9 (the felony one) and BB15 (the racist one) every season since BB6 is represented. Personally with 11 returnees between BB11 and BB14 I do think those on from BB8-BB12/13 have had their chance really at returning, so kind of expected it to skew much later than it has.

Yes, I'd guess Memphis (who says he was only contacted 3 weeks ago) and Keesha (one of the last to be rumoured I think) maybe would be out if Josh and Kaycee hadn't been out partying catching COVID. Josh is a real loss IMO.

I think even though they were casting this series was probably looking like All Stars anyway, though then again that is the rumour every year. I'm surprised actually how far back they've gone - other than BB9 (the felony one) and BB15 (the racist one) every season since BB6 is represented. Personally with 11 returnees between BB11 and BB14 I do think those on from BB8-BB12/13 have had their chance really at returning, so kind of expected it to skew much later than it has.
Correct. Supposedly Keesha, Nicole (bb21), and Christmas acted as replacements for danielle Reyes, kaycee and Amber (bb16). And Memphis, Kevin and David acted as replacements for Josh, Paul Ab and Hayden Moss. Sad about the loss of the three guys, although Kevin looks like he’ll be entertaining. Very happy with the replacements of Keesha and Nicole. Starting to warm to Keesha and always loved Nicole fighting from underdog postition.

Not sure I understand Josh's appeal other than the fact that he beat Paul. Also not sure if he could win a second time nor am I sure he'd be a great representation of a two time winner.

I'm on the fence about BB9, part of me feels like Adam Jasinski could use a chance at redemption... The other half believes that even without the felony convictions the series stands on it's own and likely wouldn't have been represented regardless.

Last edited:
Back