Skip to main content

BBUSA: All Stars 2 on CBS

It still makes no sense they'd axe two of the best gameplayers in the shows history to bring in someone who may be a popular winner, but I don't think her absense would be noticed.

It still makes no sense they'd axe two of the best gameplayers in the shows history to bring in someone who may be a popular winner, but I don't think her absense would be noticed.

I honestly don't know why they've tried to stop any pre-game conversations considering it's impossible to police and they actively participated in it the last time around... I mean the only reason Mike Boogie was brought back for All-Stars was due to a deal production had with Will.

Also given how often the All-Stars rumours come up I’m sure these types of conversations are ongoing.

Well the Safety Suite is nicer than the bloody house itself. Clearly not in the house (it's positioned above the store room, but about the size of the house!) so not sure where it was - I know they've done some comps in another area over the last couple of years but I wouldn't have thought that possible this time if crew are not to interact with the cast.

Nothing too spectacular in the first highlights episode - a bit too dominated on whether they'll play the Safety comp or not. Did finally get new music to close the episode though.

Well concentrating on the episode rather than rumours, I enjoyed it well enough. They set up the story of Cody's plan and how it failed. The question of the episode was why did both of them go for safety if they were about to save each other? The answer may be that there could have been a time limit to complete the competition and nobody may have been saved. If so the rules really should have been explained to the audience better as dumbing down just leaves things confused.

The rationale for the casting was given at the start: audience favourites, players who got far, and those who deserved a second chance. I don't get hung up on the 'all stars' label, people can disagree on who are the best stars, it's a matter of preference. It's not like Survivor All Winners where there is a clear defintion. It's simply a returnee season, but it's getting hyped as all stars as that sells it better.

I think there is virtually something for everyone in the cast.

Yes, I think the caveat to the Safety Suite comp should be that if you lose you can't be a +1. Nobody seemed to think too about competing to stop others winning safety, but perhaps it was a bit too early for that and that might be a factor in the next couple of weeks. It does seem though like in the last two or three seasons we're going to have twists that run for three weeks or so and then get replaced, which annoys me really. Would rather see a decent twist run consistently throughout the season.

I can say for someone who has been rather fickle about casting this is one of the most well rounded casts we’ve had in years.

I kind of feel like people complaining are just looking for something to complain about... As noted earlier this season in particular the fan base are extra delusional.

So every time I watch clips from the live feed they are trying to downplay the fact that Kaysar and Janelle were the original targets this week. Smart move but neither are buying it... Also a shame that both used the Safety Suite pass in the same week as I feel the somewhat cocky nature of that move will come back on them sooner rather than later.

Nobody seemed to think too about competing to stop others winning safety, but perhaps it was a bit too early for that and that might be a factor in the next couple of weeks. It does seem though like in the last two or three seasons we're going to have twists that run for three weeks or so and then get replaced, which annoys me really. Would rather see a decent twist run consistently throughout the season.

I also thought about the tactic of competing to keep things as the HoH wants. But with it being only for 3 weeks the only real suspense would appear to be the first two weeks. Anybody who still has the pass by week 3 may as well use it anyway, they can always say they are using it to help the HoH get what he/she wants.

Next week will be interesting as alliances are starting to form now so people may use it to mask the fact they're aligned with the HoH.

Rewatching BB16 at the moment - easily my favourite BBUS series with a great cast and great format twist - easy to argue for a good half of them to be an All Star.

BBUS16 *may* be the worst English-speaking season of all time. Team America and Battle of the Block stifled any drama or shifts in power, Derrick was an obvious winner from the very start, the cast was very weak, the majority alliance was abhorrent, and the season was so dreadfully boring by the end that they had to bring in a dog for entertainment along with dedicating an entire episode to the Jordeff wedding proposal. Completely abominable from start to finish.

Why is someone who came in 16th place on BB21 doing All Stars? (Or at least rumoured to be on!) Did he do something of particular note that makes him an All Star?

David was definitely "I'm sorry" casting after last year's reception with all the microaggressions.

Anyway, I'm feeling down about this season already. Cody confirming that he didn't recognize Keesha but loved how Memphis played in BB10 just confirms that Dan and Derrick pregamed for them. I'm not ready for Derrick to ruin another season, he and his father already fucked up 18 and now that pig is about to taint another season.

18 was run by Derrick and his father "giving advice" to Paulie, Nicole, and James that basically created a pregame alliance between the three of them and stacked the cards against Tiffany just because Derrick was threatened by Vanessa's success the year prior. And now we're cleraly seeing the effects of Dan and Derrick pregaming on behalf of Memphis and Cody.

18 was run by Derrick and his father "giving advice" to Paulie, Nicole, and James that basically created a pregame alliance between the three of them and stacked the cards against Tiffany just because Derrick was threatened by Vanessa's success the year prior. And now we're cleraly seeing the effects of Dan and Derrick pregaming on behalf of Memphis and Cody.

We’re only on the first week and it’s not as if we’ve got a house full of newbies either. Should probably wait at least another weak before you start losing your shit about this being the “ZOMG WORST SEASON EVER!” And bringing you conspiracies about who to blame for that.

I think you're the one who needs to relax. All I said is that I'm down about this season, nothing about it being the worst ever or anything of that sort. It's perfectly okay to be critical about something, especially when this has been one of the most boring first week of feeds in recent history.

As for the ~conspiracy theories~... the 18 feeds were filled with references to Derrick and his father. It wasn't any tightly-kept secret or anything, they got name-dropped all over the place with Derrick giving Paulie advice, Derrick giving Nicole advice, Derrick's father being James's agent, Derrick warning Paulie to target Vanessa right away if she returned, etc. And with the nature of an All-Stars season, a bunch of alumni are being brought up on a regular basis again and Derrick is up there as one of the most commonly referenced so it's absolutely fair game to talk about him. Obviously there's the rumor about Nicole ratting out Dan and Derrick and getting them kicked off the cast (a rumor which is officially canon as it's been referenced by multiple people on the feeds), but there's also Cody being knowledgeable of Memphis but conveniently not knowing who Keesha is and Cody openly lamenting to the cameras about how he's lost without Derrick in the house. His influence ran rampant in 18 and that season ended up being mediocre at best, and yes we're only one week into this season but it's already starting off with a very similar feel.

Back