Skip to main content

BBUK returns Sun 8 Oct 2023 (and Celeb BB back in 2024)

I wonder if they’ve banned Trish from the final given the issue with her tweets meaning she didn’t appear on Late and Live beyond immediately after her eviction…

Sadly they have. Ridiculous decision.

Applications open now to be a housemate next year - close in July do likely a similar slot in the schedules next year, though hopefully will get an extra couple of weeks with no Rugby World Cup in September.

Well I made the stupid decision to look at Instagram after waking up and had fourth and fifth place spoiled. Time to put my phone away until I watch it lol

Spoilers so far:

5th:
Noky

4th:
Yinrun. Biggest finale sock ever.

3rd:
Henry.

Last edited:
Applications open now to be a housemate next year - close in July do likely a similar slot in the schedules next year, though hopefully will get an extra couple of weeks with no Rugby World Cup in September.
Must be a decent gap between CBB and the next civilian series then since I recall that the CBB announcement said "early 2023". Thankfully they seem to be going down the route of not doing what C5 did with the scheduling.

Am watching this live through a VPN and ITVX for the first time this season since I knew I would stumble across spoilers somewhere. Or my curiosity would make me go looking for them. 😂

Will likely be in March or April as Love Island All Stars airs in Jan/Feb. Essentially replace I'm a Celeb All Stars.

Was surprised that they showed the voting percentages (as at the first vote freeze of the night) to show the spread of the votes on Late & Live. Normally those are never revealed.

They always used to reveal them in the C4 days and ITV generally have revealed full voting data for their reality shows, including at any vote freeze, once a series concludes.

The 2024 audition eligibility info includes "I am available to take part in the programme for up to eight weeks from Autumn 2024"

The finale was good but felt a little rushed, I would have preferred fewer finalists and more daily update content. But maybe the housemates hadn't been doing that much?

Happy with the winner but they were my second choice.

Is there going to be a final daily show? I vaguely remember C4 did it back in the day but don't know if that continued on C5.

Surprised you didn’t know about that videobrother, Tim. Kingston shared it with me years ago. It’s good but so painful with pop up’s. I am playing it on my iPad and sending to Apple TV so can’t really use an ad blocker browser.

I was going to avoid this thread but TikTok spoiled the winner for me. (At this point I’m super happy with who won). I’m only on Episode 13, Zak’s eviction.

Why is the crowd so against Kerrie? (They chanted “get Kerrie out” during the live cross to the house for Zak’s eviction)

At this point I’m loving Jordan and Henry. I could watch a gogglebox show of them commentating the goings on in the house. In one of the first couple of episode Jordan called them the “posh pricks” 🤣 love it. Olivia is a lot of fun. Yinran is adorable.

I’ll have to scroll back to see what y’all/youse 🤣 thought as I catch up on episodes.

Yeah video brother is great for accessibility, I was able to watch all (then) 22 seasons of BBUS but then of course came along paramount plus. And I can watch bbuk and BBAU on it if YouTube is no help.

But I hate the relentless pop ups that take like 4 times to close before I can finally stream it to my Apple TV. But it’s a minor issue that takes literally 20 seconds to fix lol.

I’d love to be able to find the 1999 Dutch series to watch it since I’m learning Dutch after falling in love with the Netherlands after travelling. I’d love to watch it to help learn the language and to of course witness the historic first ever season of Big Brother.

Although there was an argument for anyone to win last night I do think Jordan genuinely goes into contention for one of the best winners ever. Authentic housemates being themselves is what Big Brother is about, not clones of perceived beauty playing a role determined by producers. Henry and Jordan would never have made it into the "house of love" but delivered something far more genuine than anything seen in BBAU this series.

The final was so close too - Noky had 2% and Jordan 37%, but there was only 2% between 2nd and 4th - basically 19%, 20% and 21% for Yinrun, Henry and Olivia.

Production of the final kind of summed up the series - it was good but let itself down by being too short, and baffling to not include the winners interview in the final for the sake of 15 minutes. Late & Live was pointless once the interview was done - nobody cared what 5 randoms thought of events. It would have made more sense for ITV2 to air a full highlights show ahead of the final and then the final to be the last broadcast dedicated to the live events in full.

Yeah I agree there was no point in late in live airing. I didn’t even pay attention to it once Jordan’s interview was over. Why did they spend so long on the celebrity guests going into the empty house? All that time could have gone to interviewing part housemates. But the finale itself should have just included the late and live time.

Back