Skip to main content

BBUK returns Sun 8 Oct 2023 (and Celeb BB back in 2024)

Just finished. Congrats Jordan!

Yinrun was a shock but I did comment how the 5 votes a period thing might come into play in some interesting ways, and cool to see the voting percentages, the middle three there wasn't much in it, But a clear 5th and 1st.

They did well to cram in everything and then the Winner interview, LL the was a kinda like a bit of a reunion special and extended catch up with the rest of the cast.

Going into the next series theres definitely room to tweak and build on this season, but It was a decent return for what it was in a lot of areas.

Last edited:
Watched the rest of Late & Live earlier - well fast forwarded through most of it. Nice to have one last visit into the house - a reminder how good the house actually is, especially the main living area. I do think the bedroom and bathroom needs some modification though - they suffered from being too big.

The series best bits were poorly done too - spent far too long on long forgotten week 1 arguments rather than it bring a snappy edit of the highlights.

My housemate rankings:

16. Jenkin - the most miserable sod to have ever lived in the Big Brother house.

15. Chanelle - gutting the Welsh reps are bottom two, but she bought nothing.

14. Kerry - really didn't get the hate for her and then the sudden U-turn. Wasn't missed once evicted.

13. Paul - if it wasn't for Trish having an argument with him would we even remember him?

12. Dylan - if it wasn't for Trish having an argument with him would we even remember him?

11. Tom - a possible winner I thought in week one, but was far too much in the background - and not very nice when he came into the foreground. Could he have had a redemption arc in a longer series - I doubt it.

10. Matty - never lived up to his potential. The "triangle" probably pigeon holed him rather than put him front and centre.

9. Zak - probably the one evictee I really wish we had around for longer. He seemed to have an interesting story to tell but we never heard it.

8. Farida - a great example of what an older housemate should be. She embraced every second.

7. Yinrun. I'd actually forgot about her and had to edit her back in the list.

6. Henry - he had a great storyline with Jordan, but away from that he never really shined on his own.

5. Noky - I'd have liked more from her but she is very much the definition of class.

4. Hallie - once her story was told we saw Hallie as only Hallie. A fantastic housemate and the best interview of the series. Glad she got her moment - would have been lost in the final.

3. Trish - a great housemate but glad she went when she did, and perhaps should have gone a week earlier. Arguably both the hero and the villain of the series - she was so right in standing up to Paul, but so wrong in escalating that on Noky's behalf too.

2. Olivia - hated her on opening night and wasn't really a fan of her for half the series. Hallie and Kerry going actually helped her, and Chanelle and Jenkin/Tom leaving helped her further. Opinion on her massively improved when she stopped singing.

1. Jordan - for once I bet on the winner on day one and they actually won (OK, let's ignore I also bet on Noky and Tom). The main difference between Big Brother and Love Island is authenticity - and Jordan was his authentic self throughout. His dry humour won it for him.

I know I’m so far behind and no one probably wants to talk about this series anymore.

But far out, Jordan is really pursuing Matty and from what I’m seeing (only watching the daily shows and I’m up to ep17) Matty isn’t really giving him any reason to continue. He has made it pretty clear he doesn’t want anything more than friendship with Jordan.

Just looking at the application for next year, it asks:

I am available to take part in the programme for up to eight weeks from Autumn 2024

Seems they will increase the length

If anything it probably indicates they won't as usually they have to be available a bit before and after the series too.

Just looking at the application for next year, it asks:

I am available to take part in the programme for up to eight weeks from Autumn 2024

Seems they will increase the length
I believe the application for the last series also had them agree to 8 week availability. The 8 weeks included sequester and any pre-series filming etc.

Deadline reported in August that ITV committed to two six-week runs across this year and next year:

There is obviously no reason why they couldn't add a few more weeks to the second run, but it seems like ITV might be happy to keep it at 6 weeks for now.

ugh, what a QUEEN Yinrun was. And what a REFRESHING cast - light years ahead of whatever Australia thinks it's doing. Even Tory-voter FAT KERRY was more entertaining than this season of BBAU.

Jordan was my second-favourite until the AWFUL flirting with Matty. You could TELL Matty was just enduring it to be polite because Jordan is CLEARLY not in his LEAGUE.

Imagine being hot (me) being pursued RELENTLESSLY by NOT (mutleyp). That'd get old very fast in that environment, and POOR HENRY. Henry was great to. Such a queen. One with taste! I cackled when he said the Llama shit looked like truffles you grate over your pasta.

Trish was my favourite all along and had half the house BOTHERED by MERELY EXISTING. That's what you call impact. Bald empress.

I didn't mind Olivia tbh, even when she was being obnoxious it was kind of funny. She was UTTERLY TOXIC when paired with Paul, however. Why are the boring straight white men (BBAU) ALWAYS the worst of the worst. "I'm a nice funny guy not like the others lol" but they're exactly the dumbass turd you predict they're going to be.

Aww but he loves his mum! Kill it. Always the same. They're always the favourite of the Facebook Mums(tm) and teen girls as well. Stop thinking with your labias, no wonder why people VICTIM BLAME. "I can change him! He only does it when he's angry!", no bitch, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.

Anyway, I've only watched three episodes of BBAU but I managed to binge ALL of BBUK, mostly while working but still. A cackle, a kii, great season.

oh and Noky is GORGEOUS. Jenkin was a ... MASSIVE disappointment.

ugh, what a QUEEN Yinrun was. And what a REFRESHING cast - light years ahead of whatever Australia thinks it's doing. Even Tory-voter FAT KERRY was more entertaining than this season of BBAU.

Jordan was my second-favourite until the AWFUL flirting with Matty. You could TELL Matty was just enduring it to be polite because Jordan is CLEARLY not in his LEAGUE.

Imagine being hot (me) being pursued RELENTLESSLY by NOT (mutleyp). That'd get old very fast in that environment, and POOR HENRY. Henry was great to. Such a queen. One with taste! I cackled when he said the Llama shit looked like truffles you grate over your pasta.

Trish was my favourite all along and had half the house BOTHERED by MERELY EXISTING. That's what you call impact. Bald empress.

I didn't mind Olivia tbh, even when she was being obnoxious it was kind of funny. She was UTTERLY TOXIC when paired with Paul, however. Why are the boring straight white men (BBAU) ALWAYS the worst of the worst. "I'm a nice funny guy not like the others lol" but they're exactly the dumbass turd you predict they're going to be.

Aww but he loves his mum! Kill it. Always the same. They're always the favourite of the Facebook Mums(tm) and teen girls as well. Stop thinking with your labias, no wonder why people VICTIM BLAME. "I can change him! He only does it when he's angry!", no bitch, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.

Anyway, I've only watched three episodes of BBAU but I managed to binge ALL of BBUK, mostly while working but still. A cackle, a kii, great season.

oh and Noky is GORGEOUS. Jenkin was a ... MASSIVE disappointment.

I concur with everything here, perfect summary.

I was surprised to see the viewing figures for the finale. 1.6m. I was expecting it to see a bit of an uptick being the final especially since it was airing on both ITV1 and ITV2 - but it got beaten by standard episodes earlier in the week that only aired on ITV2...

1701213369693.png

Yes - there has been virtually no uplift from simulcasting episodes (other than the launch) on ITV1 - just shows ITV2 is perfect for the show as the demographic that watches it is watching it there anyway. It's a bit different for Celeb BB which has always had wider appeal.

So roughly 1m per episode. For comparison Squid Games The Challenge on Netflix is getting 20m an episode worldwide (at a much higher price). It's done pretty decently really.

Back