Skip to main content

BBUK returns Sun 8 Oct 2023 (and Celeb BB back in 2024)

I knew I'd put a bet on Tom in the first week as he seemed to have slow burner winner written all over him but forgot I'd also bet on Jordan and Noky. Jordan was 12/1, but if you could all pile your votes on Noky who I got at 100/1 that would be great.

Tom and Jenkin's eviction was done interestingly. People thought that Tom and Jenkin wimped out a bit on saying what they really thought whilst in the room on the spot, but I also thought that maybe there was only so much they could go into in that little moment BB gave them as well, save it for actually getting back in like Jordan did discussing what went on.

I agree Olivia has come back up and been really entertaining the past week and shown some growth over the series once away from the Paul etc antics, I wouldn't mind seeing her pull the win alongside Jordan or Yinrun would be my picks.

Last edited:
I know it could have been longer, and it hasn’t been perfect, but this has been a special series of Big Brother, and I’ve enjoyed it in a way that I didn’t think I ever would again.

I’ll really miss it after tomorrow, and that’s a testament to the housemates - again, something I hadn’t felt in a BB final week for any of the C5 years.

I know it could have been longer, and it hasn’t been perfect, but this has been a special series of Big Brother, and I’ve enjoyed it in a way that I didn’t think I ever would again.

I’ll really miss it after tomorrow, and that’s a testament to the housemates - again, something I hadn’t felt in a BB final week for any of the C5 years.
IDK for me BB19 still is the superior series. Once my initial excitement for the show being back wore off it all became a bit meh.

i think despite it’s flaws, BB20 has been enjoyable for what it was. Especially since it’s the first series of its format in half a decade. There’s definitely decisions that need to be rethought for next year but overall I did enjoy it. I’ve been engrossed in the characters the entire time, even though I also think the BB19 cast was better.

I'm the exact same as Joel - I've enjoyed this years series of BB in a way I didn't think I ever would again. It's definitely not C4 levels but I've found it talked about in a way that the C5 series never have been (outside of the odd CBB series). "Did you watch Big Brother last night?" has been an almost daily question at work among colleagues and it's been a regular talking point on multiple group chats. The local gay bar here has had events for the launch and finale. I was at a gig on Monday night and the first thing the gays in front of us did when the music stopped was pull out their phones to check who was facing eviction and vote. Just little things that have contributed towards this series feeling like more of an event.

I enjoyed BB19 a lot but I felt like I was the only person in my life who was watching that. And even on Twitter it wasn't setting the discussion alive like this years series has done.

The online discussion for me has helped too. My tiktok fyp knows me better than I know myself lol. It’s constantly showing me clips of bbuk. And I see all the comments and tweets, as flawed as the season is it still feels like I’m watching bb again.

I did really enjoy BB19, but by C5’s final series, everyone I knew had given up on the show. Big Brother was never a show that I particularly enjoyed watching in solitary, hence me always turning to BB forum communities since 2005 (and even in 2018, the show’s online presence was nothing like it has been this year). Part of the buzz of BB for me is discussing and dissecting with my friends and family. Having chats with my Mum about BB for the first time since 2011 has been really special and a real throwback to something we used to share in my teenage years. Rushing home with my partner to watch the evictions has been a throwback to when I used to do the same thing as a nerdy teenager.

Perhaps once it’s all over, I will look back on BB20 with a more balanced view, but the BB ‘experience’ has been something I have really cherished. Nostalgia is a funny thing!

If ITV fix the few small flaws from this series then there's no reason that BB can't have a Love Island style (only in popularity levels!) resurgence that lasts well into this decade.

As long as they keep it to 1 CBB series and 1 BB series per year, separated by at least one weather season. A 3-4 week CBB in March with an 8 week BB series from September - November feels pretty ideal. I never want to see a normal BB series that rolls straight into a CBB series ever again.

I was never keen on the normal series taking part during autumn/winter but honestly I've gotten pretty used to it! It's also a testament to its success that the discussion around BB has totally eclipsed that of all other reality shows on UK TV right now - Survivor, Married at First Sight, Bake Off, Drag Race, Celebrity Race Across the World.

The twist on the letters from home segment was definitely unexpected. Generally I feel my attention fading during these sort of segments because I just never care about the housemates enough to get invested in it. I did notice that as Yinrun was reading out Matty's letter though that it sounded... off though.

Also, I'm surprised that they aired footage of the housemates celebrating after being told that they were finalists that they will get to leave the house out of the front door. They've obviously previously discussed that the "backdoor" evictions suck. Shame production don't share the same thoughts.

Honestly wouldn't mind any of the final 5 winning. But I have seen so many comments about people voting for Jordan to win, I think that he will be the winner for sure.

Last edited:
Yeah that was another interesting twist. The bulk of the episode was pretty much the wind down/build up to the finale as the penultimate episode, a lot of reflecting and reminiscing before the finish, but then one last eviction. It'll be interesting with this 5 votes a piece as all 5 have some levels of support behind them, but I think If Noky or Henry took it out I think that would be a little more surprising than Yinrun/Jordan or Olivia at this point IMO.

I think the season was quite enjoyable overall but it feels like producers panicked during the second half of season, when they pushed too much for drama with some questionable twists.

Back