Skip to main content

BB's Big Twist - Unleash The Storm (BB 2014 Promo #2)

There is a stupid video on the official Facebook pace of the little storm cloud playing over and over. I counted each time the lightning struck and it did 8 times. Double that and you get 16. With the whole housemates went in 2 by 2 thing could this mean there are 8 partners and 16 people... Maybe partners will be evicted together for the first 8 weeks and then the last 20 days its free for all...

That was definitely disappointing but I did like the whole power of the UKBB, I have hope for this season of BB. And I Hope it is not the last season of BB.

Maybe channel 10 will get it back and do it right haha!
Can't wait for it to start.

With the whole housemates went in 2 by 2 thing could this mean there are 8 partners and 16 people... Maybe partners will be evicted together for the first 8 weeks and then the last 20 days its free for all...

So a whole house of Sugar Sisters / Logan twins

I cant wait and who said it was going to be like other big brothers??? What because of the power thing omg please...

WHAT BIG BROTHER PROMISES HE DELIVERS

I cant wait and who said it was going to be like other big brothers??? What because of the power thing omg please...

WHAT BIG BROTHER PROMISES HE DELIVERS

Let me fix that for you:

WHAT NINE PROMISES BIG BROTHER DOESN'T DELIVER

;)

There still is this whole "partnership" thing to consider... which makes me think that on night one, one sole housemate could be selected by the public to receive the power to choose themselves a partner and then pair up the rest of the housemates as they see fit. Pairs will nominate, and be nominated together. I don't know how evictions would work though, as you cannot hold a double eviction every week without doubling the number of starting night housemates, though with the show lasting only 80 days, it's quite possible they could do go ahead with this. 20 or so housemates is not a big deal if you keep the doubles twist up until the week 5 mark and then revert to singles thereafter. It's either that, or you hold an eviction every two weeks.

Another possibility is that pairs nominate and get nominated together, but the public votes to save individuals and whichever housemate survives their partner being evicted receives the "power" housemate role for that week, getting the power to rearrange the pairs. In weeks where there are an odd number of housemates, the housemate who is left on their own after the rearrangement of pairs is automatically put up for eviction/receives some other unpleasant consequence.

It's been implied the twist will involve the public being given power (via the jump-in app most likely), housemate pairs, this whole "storm" thing i.e. potential for huge conflict, a central component involving "first impressions" and now a power housemate role. What other ways could these elements be combined?

I certainly do think it'll be something a bit more interesting than just a "power" housemate thing, as that's been done before. We're being told that this is a first. Let's hope it's a good and groundbreaking first, and not just something that makes it a first on some underwhelming technicality.

Don't knock BB until you see what is actually going to happy.

It may be similar to Another BB, but who is to say that it's anything like the other BB's
I'm keeping positive, because who knows this could mean lots of things, HM with "power" could have the chance to change major things in the house. I'm not sure how HOH is played though.

The ad though, was bad but I did like how they kept in theme and they were in an "arc" still.

That explains why Big Brother is late, then: they wanted more time to watch BBUK and take notes.

Bit less excited now, considering the latest BBUK was a miserable experience and I usually rely on BBAU to deliver something more like the "classic" BB format, with nice Housemates and insignificant "twists" that get shelved or forgotten about a few days in. :D Then we can get on with the proper cycle of nominations and evictions.

Have a sad feeling we're in for a year of the favouritism, producer interference, and nomination fixing that've become commonplace over here... See if you can pick the winner in the first week, you might surprise yourself.

That explains why Big Brother is late, then: they wanted more time to watch BBUK and take notes.

Bit less excited now, considering the latest BBUK was a miserable experience and I usually rely on BBAU to deliver something more like the "classic" BB format, with nice Housemates and insignificant "twists" that get shelved or forgotten about a few days in. :D Then we can get on with the proper cycle of nominations and evictions.

Have a sad feeling we're in for a year of the favouritism, producer interference, and nomination fixing that've become commonplace over here... See if you can pick the winner in the first week, you might surprise yourself.

It will be the one that most resembles Helen? ;)

Back