Skip to main content

BB's Big Twist - Unleash The Storm (BB 2014 Promo #2)

Really hope they have more sense than to rip-off the worst ever UK series.

Let's forget about international versions for a minute and strip it back to BBAU. For the last two years you've had the Nominations Superpower, which on the whole has worked well and certainly been a far better and fairer way to throw seemingly random nominations twists into the house than what we saw on BBUK this year. If the twist is that simply one housemate will get the Superpower from the start until they're evicted then I could live with that.

I've just scrubbed through TheBlock.

Did anybody notice that the tag at the end of the original promo has changed?

It was: "Big Brother 2014... The Eye Of The Storm... Is coming... to Nine"

Now it's: "Big Brother 2014... The Storm Is Coming... to Nine"

Ten would buy it guaranteed.

I never heard anything from TEN themselves apart from admitting perhaps they were too hasty in axing BB. I think people just say (and hope) TEN would pick up the show because the network would kill to have NINE's BB ratings. In reality we don't know what will happen. I reckon they wouldn't, at least not for a couple of years pick it up again. BB is also an expensive format and TEN are not doing as well as they once were.

Alex needs to stop copying BBuk its getting old fast
We need more BBau original format like 10 did
no a rehash of failed crap
:eek::conf::unsure::whistling::brb:

Maybe they should hire a new producer.. Also I was wondering if it get's DVR'ed does that still count towards ratings?

If it ends up rating badly, there probably won't be a bidding war for it. :)

But, if it DOES rate THAT bad, nobody will want it. :(

And then SBS could afford to take it!!! This is the prime goal for diversity, nudity and actual good viewing! Haha

Alex needs to stop copying BBuk its getting old fast
We need more BBau original format like 10 did
no a rehash of failed crap
:eek::conf::unsure::whistling::brb:
BREAKING NEWS....hahaha

i just received a text from Alex: "tell those behind bb conspiracy theorists not to read too much into a 30 sec promo! We don't make US BB in Australia because it sucks. We make Australian BB in Australia because it's the best"

HERE HERE ALEX! Seriously guys Alex does rock, and you know I don't suck arse! Ha! You won't meet a bigger BB fan than him. I'm sure we will all be satisfied with what he has planned for the upcoming series!!
Alex has already talked about his distaste for BBUS but BBUK he hasn't talked about :frown:

I don't mind playing the game, as we saw from Tim last year in the bb house, but it feels like the show is forcing it, rather than just letting it be.

I'm not sure how I feel about that promo.

I really hope this is designed to mess with prospective housemates as much as anything else. I fear it's not and that Nine have rolled out specific advertising so early for ratings purposes, but I would love if it was just to put something into the minds of the future housemates and that there wasn't one power holder.

was Blondie in the first promo? I don't remember her, so if not, power hm must be going in on Tues night.

I actually liked the promo (please don't hurt me)

I don't really mind the new promo tbh; it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. I'm just weary of how the "power housemate" thing will play out here. I don't necessarily mind the idea of having a power housemate, but I just want it to be consistent. Same power, same rules regarding that power, every week.

I never heard anything from TEN themselves apart from admitting perhaps they were too hasty in axing BB. I think people just say (and hope) TEN would pick up the show because the network would kill to have NINE's BB ratings. In reality we don't know what will happen. I reckon they wouldn't, at least not for a couple of years pick it up again. BB is also an expensive format and TEN are not doing as well as they once were.

Ten were actually bidding for it back in 2010-2011 and it was Nine and Seven who were the ones bumping up the price. Ultimately Ten couldn't match Nines price so Nine won.

Ten were actually bidding for it back in 2010-2011 and it was Nine and Seven who were the ones bumping up the price. Ultimately Ten couldn't match Nines price so Nine won.
Really? It should go back to Channel 10. They were the best years.

Back