Skip to main content

BBAU Rewatch

Some footage around Brigitte's rose coloured glasses task to win her clothes back
Most of the housemates were really cruel to Brigitte. It was nice to see Dixie show some compassion and empathy.

Some footage around Brigitte's rose coloured glasses task to win her clothes back
Most of the housemates were really cruel to Brigitte. It was nice to see Dixie show some compassion and empathy.

I remember them being so mean to her when they were in the diary room discussing the task and she watching out in the lounge. It was moments like that when I actually liked Dixie when her compassion showed, and she was a really good friend to Brigitte towards the end of Dixie's run in the house!

Brigitte had her negative qualities, but looking back she was often mistreated in the house. Here is when Terrence picked a fight with her. Annoyingly, they cut the audio for a lot of it, but you can clearly see from the body language who was the aggressor.

Brigitte had her negative qualities, but looking back she was often mistreated in the house. Here is when Terrence picked a fight with her. Annoyingly, they cut the audio for a lot of it, but you can clearly see from the body language who was the aggressor.

Funny thing is he was actually wrong with his argument. Brigitte said the word "nasty" she never said the word hate or hated. In the daily show it even flashbacks to the discussion he's referring to and is proven wrong. He was just so on his moral high ground and was convinced he was right.

Brigitte is my definitive 4th favourite housemate of all time behind Reggie, Vensa and Sara-Marie. Estelle would be at the top as well after BB2022. But Brigitte was the only person in 2008 who kept me engaged. It was silly that vote to save was not kept for the remainder of the series after the housemates evict format was scrapped. She could have been a huge contender to win.

Personally I think her mistreatment was unwarranted. She was just being herself and nothing short of it. Terrance needed to get off his pedestal.

Brigitte was a great housemate. I hated that Terrance guy.

I've still never rewatched a season, but that would be high up on my list.
It holds up on a rewatch, as in it's not boring. If you watch it with the idea of it being a series of BB then it's pretty crap. But, a for a series of reality television to enjoy as a guilty pleasure then it does it's job. Brigitte is a massive reason as to why it's watchable. She truly was the star of the season. But other than her I didn't see many other housemates who offered the same level of entertainment.

It's unfortunate Rima was only in the house for a limited time. She tended to elevate the conversations and discuss more interesting topics. Here's some footage of the housemates debating religion and politics. Also some mole speculation and paranoia in this clip.

^BB08 was one of my favourite BB seasons. It had really nasty housemates as a whole, or people you love to hate. I rewatched it back in 2019 and it was a nice entertaining ride.

^BB08 was one of my favourite BB seasons. It had really nasty housemates as a whole, or people you love to hate. I rewatched it back in 2019 and it was a nice entertaining ride.

I don't think I could do it. They were so awful.

I think the format of BB08 was very bad with new hosts, people coming in and out constantly for the first few weeks, all the silly gimmicks like the hypnotist and Pamela Anderson, and the new voting format whereby the public nominated and the housemates voted each other off.

However once the show got about 5 weeks or so into the season they cut down on all these gimmicks, it did start to get pretty interesting. Almost all of them were awful people, but that actually made them quite fascinating to watch at times. The Nobbi and Travis spa incident, Bianca going nuts over the Mole task, Terrence v Brigette were all pretty compelling trash TV.

This seems to be an unpopular opinion on this site, but after the blandness of 2007 whereby almost all of the men except for Bodie and Zack were some of the most boring people they've ever had in any series (and a few of the women, though Emma, Aleisha, Laura, Daniela and Hayley were good housemates), 2008 being 'nasty' was actually a breath of fresh air to a degree. Of course I'd have preferred that a racist didn't win, but neither Rory or Ben deserved it either so....

I do think the Kombi twist is one of the best they did. And without it nobody would remember Nobbi.

I've been skipping few a few eps of the early series - generally taking a look at the launch, first nominations, first eviction, intruders and finale plus the odd key moment in between (though much of Series 1 isn't on VideoBrother so I'll have to go on a YouTube hunt).

My main take from it is just how terrible Gretel was over the first couple of years - actually shockingly bad at times. It's as if they sent her on a training course before series 3 because she seems to really step up her performance then and is much more watchable, but series 3 on the whole is a huge step up in production too (those opening titles of S1/2 really were poor!).

My main take from it is just how terrible Gretel was over the first couple of years - actually shockingly bad at times. It's as if they sent her on a training course before series 3 because she seems to really step up her performance then and is much more watchable.
Can you give some examples of why she was shocking? I've never really watched the first two seasons an am interested as to why.
(those opening titles of S1/2 really were poor!).
I mean it was 2001/2002, can't really blame them for that!

Diary Room mix they used a fair bit when the evictee was being driven up to the stage on the buggy iirc in 02 was awesome too. When the bass part kicks in.

On 2003/04 opening titles, I liked how that Pixel people theme translated to the Official Website too those years, some short animations and speech bubble text walking around in the banner and stuff iirc, and every housemate had a different coloured Pixel person next to them on the Housemate profiles page. I also used to play around on Microsoft Frontpage a bit learning how to change the text, colours etc with it too.

Adding to @Kingston's list:

The Belgian version of Leef:

The Brasilian version:

The most recent remix from Brasil:

Portugese version:

Spanish version:

Diary Room mix they used a fair bit when the evictee was being driven up to the stage on the buggy iirc in 02 was awesome too. When the bass part kicks in.

On 2003/04 opening titles, I liked how that Pixel people theme translated to the Official Website too those years, some short animations and speech bubble text walking around in the banner and stuff iirc, and every housemate had a different coloured Pixel person next to them on the Housemate profiles page. I also used to play around on Microsoft Frontpage a bit learning how to change the text, colours etc with it too.
The 2003/2004 titles and graphics package are my favourite. Simple but still very stylish and very Y2K. I prefer the 2003 theme over 2004’s and not sure why it changed TBH.

Back