Skip to main content

BBAU 2022: Promos and other news (includes spoilers)

The concept is flawed. The over editing is absurd. The smash quick cuts to engineer false narratives for shock value. Its like the producers had pre series meetings. "ok. we gotta make it fast. do really obvious GREATEST EVER BLAH BLAH to tail every episode. The audience in 2022 is the internet age of short attention spanned children, Make it pop. But fast fast fast. Character understanding and development is a waste of time. Incorporate survivor. Incorporate nonsensical housewives drama. this is what the people want. This is the audience. Fk the discerning viewer or stalwarts of the show. They wont pay revenue bills in voting at the end. But....get the og's in to lock them in anyway. Nostalgia will ensure a popularity contest. Win win."
Just rename the brand if you have any integrity. This is a total sham. Even more jarring cos of the presence of the OG;s which makes us all harken back to a better production of the show and its original aim and presence.

I’ll stand by it. We, as fans, can’t complain about people like Chad and Marley winning or about HMs who don’t actually play the game getting to the end of this new GAME-specific version of the show, but then also want Reggie to win just because she’s Reggie and has a “sob story” (which btw is NOT a critiscm, I’m just using that in line with Chad and Marley’s edits).

If you want Reggie to win 2022, then you can’t really say the 2020 and 2021 winners were the wrong choice too. It’s essentially giving in to everything wrong with the concept of the new format just because it’s now convenient for you to.

The winner should be the person who played the game the best. Conclusively, Reggie has not. She’s simply riding it through (as did Chad and Marley). There’s a difference.

Controversial opinion but sorry not sorry.

I wouldn’t call your opinion controversial. I agree with you really. I would argue Reggie is better at the game than what we expected her to be, but that may be due to editing, but there is no way she is the best player of the season.

I would argue however with the audience voting there does come an extra variable that isn’t game related. And that is likability. The audience isn’t going to warm to the strategic side IMO. The show is too well known and infamous for its reputation already for a change to readily accepted. There will be some here who will disagree with me and that’s fine, it’s just how I think.

In 2020 I voted for Daniel for playing the best game as well as being the most unique character of the final 3. In 2020 I voted Christina because I didn’t want to vote for Marley and have two men with sympathy storyline’s win. Although after a year of thinking about it I do kind of see why Marley is the strategically better player.

As for this season I decide to base my vote off emotions and nostalgia. Asinine resigns? They 100% are. But given how ludicrous this version of big brother is I would rather attention be given to an original housemate and the original version of the show as much as possible. Had any OG made it to the end I probably would have voted for them for that reason. Ironically that’s also something the show wants me to do, but I don’t really care.

You’re 100% right in what you say though, many would be changing their voting criteria just simply because its Reggie. And for that I understand why people wouldn’t want to vote for her. I also just think although I don’t see point in voting with a game mindset when the game itself isn’t even genuine. But really my vote should be going to Taras.

The winner should be the person who played the game the best.
You gotta understand that the public doesn't get to vote for who stays or goes, not until the top 3. So as much as it's a popular opinion for Reggie to win, sure, you might say if we are consistent with your premise, that she shouldn't win. But in that case, you should really direct your disapproval towards the housemates for getting her to the final, because they've had all the influence so far.

For me, it's as simple as this...

Is Reggie the best player, or even anywhere close? No.

Is Reggie the most likeable, whose win would give you the feels? Absolutely.

I do agree that in a perfect world, the cleverest and most strategic player should win.
But there are exceptions that undermine that.

1. If the person is so obviously charismatic that you root for them regardless (a "heart player", but they mustn't come across as fake)
2. If the clever, strategic person presents a persona you just don't like
and
3. If there is no one else who even comes close (in being) remotely interesting or charismatic

For me, and again this is just personal, I don't criticise others for seeing it differently,
1 = Reggie, Estelle, Tully
2 = Tim, Taras
3 = all the other newbies, who are about on par with Chad and Marley on the pot plant scale
(except Johnson, but he's not a category 2 because he's not clever)

Last edited:
The show doesn't focus enough on strategy for the viewers to be encouraged to reward strategy. Strategy in the edit of this show is rarely considering anything more than the immediate eviction rather than the long term plan to make the end - and as someone else mentioned as it's the viewers, not the evictees, who decide the winner there isn't playing them in that respect either.

That said though appealing to the viewers in a format where the viewers declare the winner is surely a strategy in it's own right, even if it is just someone "being themselves". And from what I've read Reggie isn't completely innocent when it comes to strategy - she doesn't need to rely on it most of the time but when she wants somebody out she has the influence for that to be achieved, and often without appearing to "betray" anyone.

The show doesn't focus enough on strategy for the viewers to be encouraged to reward strategy. Strategy in the edit of this show is rarely considering anything more than the immediate eviction rather than the long term plan to make the end - and as someone else mentioned as it's the viewers, not the evictees, who decide the winner there isn't playing them in that respect either.

That said though appealing to the viewers in a format where the viewers declare the winner is surely a strategy in it's own right, even if it is just someone "being themselves". And from what I've read Reggie isn't completely innocent when it comes to strategy - she doesn't need to rely on it most of the time but when she wants somebody out she has the influence for that to be achieved, and often without appearing to "betray" anyone.
Yes, I wouldn't say Reggie has no strategy.
She clearly operates under a "get rid of whoever I don't like" strategy, which she cleverly sugar coats as "trust" rather than "dislike".
She's usually blatantly honest about her intentions, rather than lying to their faces (hence why the OGs sometimes think they need to hide her away to shield her from letting the cat out of the bag).

And as everyone has pointed out, in this heavily edited format we don't get to see WHY the housemates like or dislike each other. All we see is the scrambling before a vote.

I wouldn’t call your opinion controversial. I agree with you really. I would argue Reggie is better at the game than what we expected her to be, but that may be due to editing, but there is no way she is the best player of the season.

I would argue however with the audience voting there does come an extra variable that isn’t game related. And that is likability. The audience isn’t going to warm to the strategic side IMO. The show is too well known and infamous for its reputation already for a change to readily accepted. There will be some here who will disagree with me and that’s fine, it’s just how I think.

In 2020 I voted for Daniel for playing the best game as well as being the most unique character of the final 3. In 2020 I voted Christina because I didn’t want to vote for Marley and have two men with sympathy storyline’s win. Although after a year of thinking about it I do kind of see why Marley is the strategically better player.

As for this season I decide to base my vote off emotions and nostalgia. Asinine resigns? They 100% are. But given how ludicrous this version of big brother is I would rather attention be given to an original housemate and the original version of the show as much as possible. Had any OG made it to the end I probably would have voted for them for that reason. Ironically that’s also something the show wants me to do, but I don’t really care.

You’re 100% right in what you say though, many would be changing their voting criteria just simply because its Reggie. And for that I understand why people wouldn’t want to vote for her. I also just think although I don’t see point in voting with a game mindset when the game itself isn’t even genuine. But really my vote should be going to Taras.
A competitive format shouldn’t be decided by the public… Or at least not as the sole decider. I argue they should have had an even numbered jury with the public getting a single seat at the table.

I'm not a huge fan of that considering most of the time a jury doesn't deliver a split vote - although of course this being BBAU I'd have no doubt they'd arrange it so the public vote was always the tie breaker anyway.

What could be interesting is a jury vote - but that jury is determined by the public, who decide on which 9 evictees to place on the jury. Wouldn't work in this format but it would be a more interesting way for the public to influence the outcome.

I'm not a huge fan of that considering most of the time a jury doesn't deliver a split vote - although of course this being BBAU I'd have no doubt they'd arrange it so the public vote was always the tie breaker anyway.

What could be interesting is a jury vote - but that jury is determined by the public, who decide on which 9 evictees to place on the jury. Wouldn't work in this format but it would be a more interesting way for the public to influence the outcome.
The way the pre-recorded format is manipulated I’m sure they’d find some way to try and tilt the vote in favour of a vote split. That said I think the public vote acting as the final jury member is a much better than solely relying on them to be the sole decision maker even if their vote is just one of many deciding the winner.

I dunno if links to fb reels works here… but like is there ANY chance Reggie is not final 3? haha.

I dunno if links to fb reels works here… but like is there ANY chance Reggie is not final 3? haha.
Doesn't work for me. Is from a private group?

So if we take reggie out of the top 3, does that mean the top 3 is johnson, jaycee and taras? not gonna lie, that would be an extremely disappointing final 3

So if we take reggie out of the top 3, does that mean the top 3 is johnson, jaycee and taras?

Reggie is for sure in the final 3 IMO and will be the winner. Imagine if that was the actual final 3, would surely be the lowest rating final ever. None of them seem to have many fans outside of this forum.

Back