Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 8 Discussion (23 May, 7:30pm)

Would you welcome intruders?

• Yes - more OGs please

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Yes - more newbies as fodder for evictions

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Mixed - both old and new

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • No - just stretch the series out by putting Tim back in everytime he's evicted

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
Votes

Jaycee
Gabbie
Taras
Aleisha
Tim
Joel

Joel
Dave
Reggie
Drew
Sam
Tully
Trev
Lulu
Jaycee
Johnson

Joel thought he had a final two pact with Johnson... Johnson didn't see it the same way obviously. Tim was more loyal.

Yeah I had to get in home help and couldn't feed myself for 2 years...
I had a car accident and snowboard accident which broke my back and damaged my neck which meant I had carpel tunnel like symptoms in my hands / nerve impingement forever.
Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through those experiences, my respect for you (which was already high) is through the roof :)

So I did enjoy the episode. Loved how Estelle won the challenge and put up the J crew which is now the J duo! Drew does seem a lot less..interested in being there this time round. It may be just the edit and we aren’t really seeing much except make out sessions with him and Sam.

But I recently watched the 2013 season again and he was a massive character in that house. Before and after Tully. This time it does seem like he was bored being in all them lockdowns the last two years and got a call offering him a chance to go back and he took it. I hope he starts playing the game instead of just playing like his heart isn’t even in it. Massive Drew fan so am disappointed so far.

Interesting points from Joel’s interview with tvblackbox:

-Production may have screwed up challenge as Joel was left on his tip toes for full reach whereas others were able to stand flat foot

-Sonia was the one to come up with the J Crew nickname

-Doesn’t sound like him and Aleisha ever tried anything outside the house

-Interestingly, I think pretty much all of the evicted HGs have mentioned Taras as their favourite/most genuine person in the house

Two blokes both with a clingy chick problem...
Two blokes with codependency issues possibly?
Tim... He has a chance to get Joel out and he didn't take it... What the.... Votes JC instead.
Thinks joel could take him further and johnson talks strat so jc it was ...joel was a tosser i hope Eliesha can grow up now ....or at least soon....please...
This makes the deal with Drew interesting. He can deny and Joel not here to confirm.
What a dick move by drew...just stupid
I actually was talking with BB about putting Drew up instead of Jaycee
Dont blame you....even if you didnt know the above him picking Eliesha was a kick...I'm kind of glad he did tho......not just because i cant warm to Dave..but it does mix it up and they lost another number, a big number, so it wont hurt too much...surely

Oh and Estelle, looking very hot during that challenge!...well done!!

Votes

Jaycee
Gabbie
Taras
Aleisha
Tim
Joel

Joel
Dave
Reggie
Drew
Sam
Tully
Trev
Lulu
Jaycee
Johnson

Joel thought he had a final two pact with Johnson... Johnson didn't see it the same way obviously. Tim was more loyal.
Does HOH only vote if there is a tie? Thanks.

I spoke to David the other day. I should have asked him if he makes the final - I thought it would spoil it so didn't though I guess he's not allowed to say anything. So I'm posting for the first time in years just for the sake of it. A member of this site for 16 years.
16 years! I thought I’ve been here a while but only since 2013.

That was actually one of the best episodes of the reboot I've seen yet. @Estelle.Landy you are an iconic strategy queen and I am officially on the stellahood train. It took a long decade but tonight the response to you in my lounge room was overwhelmingly positive, a change that I am so happy to have happened. Reggie, Vesna and Sara-Marie have always maintained their spots on my all time favourite housemates, but after watching you again on 2012 and after tonight I officially make room for you on that podium.

It took three seasons for someone to go an actually nominate all members of an alliance without nominating a "safe vote". I fuck with smart minds like you, finally someone played this game the way it should. I love reading all the Estelle stanning here. I am so happy this move was made by you and not Tim.

Drew fucked up bad tonight. Why the actual fuck would you hand the other side power when you literally have the choice to give it to your own group? It makes no sense. Does Drew just not care this time around at all? Thank fuck for that challenge result, worried about tomorrow's nominations however.

My favourite newbies are Gabby and Taras. I like Gabby due to the fact that she's aware of her relationships on both sides and has potential to fuck shit up. And Taras is so likeable and surprisingly sexy in a way?

I can't believe I'm actually excited for tomorrow's episode now, but I really did enjoy tonight.

Reggie is just as amazing this time as well. Estelle's speech on doing the challenge for Reggie warmed my heart. Everything about tonight's episode was super wholesome. And that result, perfect. Joel going was what I wanted and nothing less. Be gone with the super man archetypes and no more showmances please. Now the game is even.

Interesting points from Joel’s interview with tvblackbox:

-Production may have screwed up challenge as Joel was left on his tip toes for full reach whereas others were able to stand flat foot

-Sonia was the one to come up with the J Crew nickname

-Doesn’t sound like him and Aleisha ever tried anything outside the house

-Interestingly, I think pretty much all of the evicted HGs have mentioned Taras as their favourite/most genuine person in the house
That’s a load of crap! We had the boxes we were standing on adjusted including Joel’s more than once before we started to make sure they were even.. I had not as much reach as I did at the end until my muscles let go so much.
Also if Joel wants to talk technicalities at one stage he was pressing his thumbs into the very back and tucked them around the box and BB called him out on it and he dropped within 15 minutes of not being able to do that.

Joel was a beast, I don’t know why he called out the challenge.. doesn’t matter I could have stood there another 3 hours.
That was actually one of the best episodes of the reboot I've seen yet. @Estelle.Landy you are an iconic strategy queen and I am officially on the stellahood train. It took a long decade but tonight the response to you in my lounge room was overwhelmingly positive, a change that I am so happy to have happened. Reggie, Vesna and Sara-Marie have always maintained their spots on my all time favourite housemates, but after watching you again on 2012 and after tonight I officially make room for you on that podium.

It took three seasons for someone to go an actually nominate all members of an alliance without nominating a "safe vote". I fuck with smart minds like you, finally someone played this game the way it should. I love reading all the Estelle stanning here. I am so happy this move was made by you and not Tim.

Drew fucked up bad tonight. Why the actual fuck would you hand the other side power when you literally have the choice to give it to your own group? It makes no sense. Does Drew just not care this time around at all? Thank fuck for that challenge result, worried about tomorrow's nominations however.

My favourite newbies are Gabby and Taras. I like Gabby due to the fact that she's aware of her relationships on both sides and has potential to fuck shit up. And Taras is so likeable and surprisingly sexy in a way?

I can't believe I'm actually excited for tomorrow's episode now, but I really did enjoy tonight.

Reggie is just as amazing this time as well. Estelle's speech on doing the challenge for Reggie warmed my heart. Everything about tonight's episode was super wholesome. And that result, perfect. Joel going was what I wanted and nothing less. Be gone with the super man archetypes and no more showmances please. Now the game is even.
I am so proud to stand up there with those two queens !!!

I guess I’m dead woman walking now…

Has no one ever put up a whole alliance trio?
I guess it’s a very aggressive move with huge implications but we will see….?

That’s a load of crap! We had the boxes we were standing on adjusted including Joel’s more than once before we started to make sure they were even.. I had not as much reach as I did at the end until my muscles let go so much.
Also if Joel wants to talk technicalities at one stage he was pressing his thumbs into the very back and tucked them around the box and BB called him out on it and he dropped within 15 minutes of not being able to do that.

Joel was a beast, I don’t know why he called out the challenge.. doesn’t matter I could have stood there another 3 hours.

Haha you may be a little bit dead woman walking, but it sure made great television. And you took your shot and landed it on the head (Joel) so I don’t think it’s as bad. Would have been worse to put a safe vote up who ended up being evicted and leaving joel there. Hopefully it sures up your alliance.

I wonder if anyone else noticed that the KFC stalls during the feast are the same ones they put up for Carols in the Domain?
It seemed a bit OTT when the HM's continually stated how much they loved KFC to the point of screaming, yelling & woo hoo-ing (is that a word :bawling: )

There is quite a few foods I love too, but I haven't screamed in joy when I received them.

I understand they are the main sponsor but when you over emphasise something it comes across a bit negatively.. I wonder if BB coached them to yell & scream...

We haven't had KFC for a few years because the last time we did, it cost almost 80 bucks for 4 of us :oops: and we ordered a bit concretively due to the high prices... {Food & production costs 30-40% & the rest must be for ADVERTISING} I'm guessing sponsoring BB doesn't come cheap...

You made the right choice x 10... that's obvious just by the response on here. Imagine how the rest of the viewing public perceived your move, a big POSITIVE me thinks. You have to remember that the viewers nominate the winner, and this format of BB is a little like survivor, so you have to build a resume throughout the game to influence the final vote. If you get to the end you will have this big move as something to remind people of how well you played..
There are some big players back this year, so you have to make big moves to put your name up in the spot light, people like Tim & Reggie have a big following and the only way you can sway the public to vote your way is too make these big moves (or instigate the big players getting voted out :biggrin:)

I wonder if Tim will get a bit scared by your move, he wanted to make that - or a similar big move. He is a big player, as well as drawing a rebellion from the newbies, some OG's might target you too further up the line as a threat...
You can't win by being a Lulu - she might be a really nice person etc, but that type of player is too quiet and virtually gets further in the game by hiding in plain sight..

A bit like survivor, I guess there is something always brewing in the pot to take the heat off you & I'm guessing that within a day or 2 your big move will start to fade out of the lime light when something else becomes more prevalent, such as Drew's up coming tussle with Sam about suggesting Joel help set her up to get evicted..

I love this season :biggrin:

Back