Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 8 Discussion (23 May, 7:30pm)

Would you welcome intruders?

• Yes - more OGs please

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Yes - more newbies as fodder for evictions

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Mixed - both old and new

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • No - just stretch the series out by putting Tim back in everytime he's evicted

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
Do you have Popey's in Australia? Their deep fried chicken is often much better than KFC
I don't believe so... That said KFC outside of North America is actually pretty good. If you get the chance to try Australian KFC don't turn down chicken salt on your "chips".

-Production may have screwed up challenge as Joel was left on his tip toes for full reach whereas others were able to stand flat foot
lol Joel is just trying to downplay his loss and is just lying through his teeth. Here's a shot of both Estelle and himself both standing on the balls of their feet.

M3DIbHP.png

You made the right choice x 10... that's obvious just by the response on here. Imagine how the rest of the viewing public perceived your move, a big POSITIVE me thinks. You have to remember that the viewers nominate the winner, and this format of BB is a little like survivor, so you have to build a resume throughout the game to influence the final vote. If you get to the end you will have this big move as something to remind people of how well you played..
There are some big players back this year, so you have to make big moves to put your name up in the spot light, people like Tim & Reggie have a big following and the only way you can sway the public to vote your way is too make these big moves (or instigate the big players getting voted out :biggrin:)

I wonder if Tim will get a bit scared by your move, he wanted to make that - or a similar big move. He is a big player, as well as drawing a rebellion from the newbies, some OG's might target you too further up the line as a threat...
You can't win by being a Lulu - she might be a really nice person etc, but that type of player is too quiet and virtually gets further in the game by hiding in plain sight..

A bit like survivor, I guess there is something always brewing in the pot to take the heat off you & I'm guessing that within a day or 2 your big move will start to fade out of the lime light when something else becomes more prevalent, such as Drew's up coming tussle with Sam about suggesting Joel help set her up to get evicted..

I love this season :biggrin:
Oh shucccccks!! I guess I didn't full perceive the public vote until people started talking about demographics and all weird stuff.. I really just have to make plays as they come up and this one was it was "eat or be eaten" I guess...
Huge response from the public, definitely dead woman walking now, lets see yes how long before I have the heat taken off me :).
So glad I could help enrich your viewing xx

Oh shucccccks!! I guess I didn't full perceive the public vote until people started talking about demographics and all weird stuff.. I really just have to make plays as they come up and this one was it was "eat or be eaten" I guess...
Huge response from the public, definitely dead woman walking now, lets see yes how long before I have the heat taken off me :).
So glad I could help enrich your viewing xx
Would you ever audition for Survivor?
Given how well you're playing Indoor Survivor at the moment, you'd probably do really well :D

I think Estelle has a massive target on her back but once it gets out that Drew made a deal with Joel to evict each-others showmances…that may take the heat off Estelle and go on Drew. I have a feeling Drew won’t last much longer..he just seems to be shooting from the hip not caring if the shot hits or not. Bad game plan..

Drew also isn’t posting a lot to do with big brother on his social media. I was under the impression housemates were encouraged or at least expected to post on social media to promote the show. He is also rarely shown outside of his relationship with Sam and Tully in the edit. And based on our knowledge of him not really being interested in big brother, as well as the 2020 knowledge of housemates being able to tell producers not to air certain stuff, I do wonder if Drew requested to have minimal to do with the show whilst it airs?

Popping by to say that montage of Johnson devouring the chicken was cringe*.

And that “scramble” was one the messiest, most erratic scenes I’ve seen on this show. He is all talk, no brains, and it’s a travesty if he makes it to the final three like we think.

* Didn’t he say he was vegan?!

It pains me that the “super-fan” archetype they cast for this show is people like Kieran and Johnson. It’s insulting.
100%. It was embarrassing hearing him talk about it with the other J’s after his nomination. The guy hasn’t a clue.

One of the worst “game players” in this rebooted version of the show. Worse than Danny.

And the way the edit is still trying to pass him off as some amazing hero… give me a break.

Johnson seems like the kind of person who just always sells themselves as being more than they are. So in this situation, he's the super fan. Regardless of if it is the case. When the OG housemates first entered, it seemed like he was struggling to recognise anyone and then overreacted when he saw Estelle or whomever it was he finally recognised.

I don't think Danny was a bad player at the game. He watched the previous channel 7 series a few times in preparation. Had a plan and strategy. Yet it only gets you so far in the show.

He got pretty far and of those that beat him, Ari was the only one really playing a game. We had a boring pot plant winner. SJ was evicted and saved by producer meddling. Christina, I think she hustled to game play a few times but really just slide most of the way.

I enjoyed Kieran on the show. Better than boring housemates.

jieranstrat.jpg

kieraneat.gif

Last edited:
Danny’s game ability is so over hyped by fans and the show. He’s too explosive and isn’t subtle enough to actually win the game. He is saved multiple times through luck and rigging. He got that stupid key to save ari which greatly benefited him, he got to “medically isolate” oh so conveniently at the time he was going to be nominated and sent home.

He got lucky with being handed advantage after advantage from production where he needed it. There were multiple times in the series where if the game was left to occur naturally he would have gone.

Just like Russell hantz from survivor taught us, there is a difference between a good player and a person who is just good television.

…there is a difference between a good player and a person who is just good television.
I never watched either of Danny’s seasons so I don’t actually know, but I wholeheartedly agree with how you phrased this.

A good player or a person who is good television - of which, Johnson is neither.

I never watched either of Danny’s seasons so I don’t actually know, but I wholeheartedly agree with how you phrased this.

A good player or a person who is good television - of which, Johnson is neither.
I’ve gotten into many arguments with many friends over the editing of contestants on reality tv vs how they actually were positioned to win. Of course we don’t always see the show it’s it’s full unedited glory, so my opinion of course may not always be right. But many of my friends were confused as to why Hayley beat George on survivor. Boy oh boy did I go to town.

Last edited:
Danny was better television then the vast majority of housemates of the 7 era.
Better television or did he just receive more airtime leading to an audience wide example of the recency bias and exposure bias. Viewers are pushed to love Danny because production did. Housemates like Tilly, Ari, Christina and many others had just as many stories to tell and were arguably better at the game. In my opinion also the newbies this year are better than the previous two casts as a whole. Danny is so over glorified to the point of it genuinely annoying me.

Back