Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 8 Discussion (23 May, 7:30pm)

Would you welcome intruders?

• Yes - more OGs please

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Yes - more newbies as fodder for evictions

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Mixed - both old and new

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • No - just stretch the series out by putting Tim back in everytime he's evicted

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
Whew! That was very…satisfying. I felt sure it was going to be Joel when he staged that smooch. Ugh. And if Drew’s Strangers on a Train strategy is leaked tomorrow night, it seemed pretty clear the beans would be spilt by Aleisha in a post-Joel house, because he told her not to tell anyone. Estelle did a fantastic job, that was great!

…that was such a great outcome… and thanks to the great Estelle for being responsible for making that possible… such a brilliant move by her… that was such an awesome win… she promised us that she was making more of an impact in the house this time around… boy wasn’t she telling us the truth?… well done Estelle you delivered the goods as promised… thank god Joel went and not Johnson… I’ve got more plans for him in other Photoshops in the other thread lol!… anyway… thanks for all the fun and giggles tonight folks!… nite all… sleep tight… cheers.

Jaycee whinging about Sonia making too big a deal of the JCrew was funny. They’re the ones who gave themselves that name immediately after entering the house, effectively announcing to the rest of the house “we’re an unbreakable alliance” and putting a big ol’ target on their backs. Not a great strategy…

She looks like a mum being annoying, "how do you turn it on? Is it on? Can you see me? Can you come here and do it?"

FPuTRZyXIAYj3yr

"Can you come here and do it?"

Classic. So true.
I LOL'd.

Fair play to Estelle for targetting a trio by nominating the trio - but remember the game here is ultimately about making the final 3, not getting the right result for the episode. As refreshing as it is to see someone just put the obvious three all up against each other I fear it may backfire and Estelle's days may be numbered as a result. Time will tell but managing the non-evicted housemates is as important as getting out the evicted housemate - and as much as I hate "pawns" in the game it may have been the safer strategy.

Are we now all tied up with OGs v Newbies then at 7 each?

Estelle winning with a dodgy wrist. Legend
Two dodgy wrists!
Yeassssssssssass Estelle!!!!!!

Get rid of Drew. Lol
.... I actually was talking with BB about putting Drew up instead of Jaycee...
Estelle crying because she's won and the house is so proud of her?

Such a big change from her experience in her original series. I'm so happy for her.
Yeah what a different experience hey!
By the way, what was Reggie saying about Estelle not being able to hold a spoon two years ago? Was Estelle in an accident or something?
Yeah I had to get in home help and couldn't feed myself for 2 years...
I had a car accident and snowboard accident which broke my back and damaged my neck which meant I had carpel tunnel like symptoms in my hands / nerve impingement forever.
Estelle Nominating.

View attachment 57945

Old pic from her season.
DUUUUUUUDE
I would low key love a Drew nom.
Yeah I actually did plan to put Drew but I ended up saying " I want Drew to learn from positive example here and hope he redeems himself".
😬😬😬😬😬 she shouldn’t have told Jaycee she wasn’t going to nom him
I agree, I also have to have a stronger voice because Lara did it to me as well and I should just be saying " no deals"... under duress it is always a gamble.

Drew may have sold his soul tonight, but he does make a good point. As the numbers dwindle, the OGs and the newbies will eventually need to pick some people from each other's camps to form new alliances. Even Tim said the same in the diary room. However, whilst Drew may have been correct to think that way, and his idea was to get in good with the other side's strongest player (which is fairly reasonable thinking), he certainly proved he has no idea what the possible outcomes might be if it goes pear-shaped or if he gets "ratted out" (which is exactly what did happen). Strategy certainly doesn't appear to be his forte.

Fair play to Estelle for targetting a trio by nominating the trio - but remember the game here is ultimately about making the final 3, not getting the right result for the episode. As refreshing as it is to see someone just put the obvious three all up against each other I fear it may backfire and Estelle's days may be numbered as a result. Time will tell but managing the non-evicted housemates is as important as getting out the evicted housemate - and as much as I hate "pawns" in the game it may have been the safer strategy.

A good point. However, I think Estelle will be OK. Tim is a master strategist. Estelle has proved she can win challenges (so some people may want her on their side) The fact she made a bold move might only mean that the remaining two J's will be pissed at her. And throw in Aleisha cos Estelle got rid of her boyfriend. As for the others ... I mean ... seriously ... Lulu has no idea about strategy or voting, Sam will probably do what Drew says or at least be swayed by him (that is unless she is pissed at him once his "get rid of the girlfriend alliance" is revealed – but that could simply mean she nominates him!), Gabbie will probably side with the OGs. Etc etc.

But, yes, you're right ... time will tell.

Are we now all tied up with OGs v Newbies then at 7 each?
hmm maybe UNLESS this move finally and properly unites the OGs and then she is in a pretty powerful position (possibly with Gabbie / Sam).
Although Tim still voted Jaycee. I don’t get it. Maybe he is ‘throwing’ his votes after encouraging other people to vote the correct person to kind of keep his hands clean?

.... I actually was talking with BB about putting Drew up instead of Jaycee...
your tweet made it seem like BB encouraged you to go with Jaycee over Drew? Interesting …
I agree, I also have to have a stronger voice because Lara did it to me as well and I should just be saying " no deals"... under duress it is always a gamble.
And yeah this is what I was saying… With both survivor and this, I get why you would do it in the moment under immense pressure, but it never looks good if that’s not actually what you end up doing. I think you come across fine if you just say “no deal.” Ofc I have no idea what it’s actually like being in the pressure cooker though.

Gabby playing a smart game with this speech! Love her tbh
GABBIE FOR PM ..
This makes the deal with Drew interesting. He can deny and Joel not here to confirm.
Oh the suspense.. and sauce ...
Estelle is actually the biggest gangsta in this game and I’m LIVING for it!
Gangstella is back yo ;)
Thank you VERY MUCH @Estelle.Landy , now my tv thirst trap is GONE :mad:
Yeah sorry, Joel was lovely in every way...
Drew may have sold his soul tonight, but he does make a good point. As the numbers dwindle, the OGs and the newbies will eventually need to pick some people from each other's camps to form new alliances. Even Tim said the same in the diary room. However, whilst Drew may have been correct to think that way, and his idea was to get in good with the other side's strongest player (which is fairly reasonable thinking), he certainly proved he has no idea what the possible outcomes might be if it goes pear-shaped or if he gets "ratted out" (which is exactly what did happen). Strategy certainly doesn't appear to be his forte.
For sure a good point but in the first week? Come on dude?
your tweet made it seem like BB encouraged you to go with Jaycee over Drew? Interesting …

And yeah this is what I was saying… With both survivor and this, I get why you would do it in the moment under immense pressure, but it never looks good if that’s not actually what you end up doing. I think you come across fine if you just say “no deal.” Ofc I have no idea what it’s actually like being in the pressure cooker though.
Yeah I definitely learn from this situation and we will see how JC and I go, I cried in the diary room about going against my work with JC.. It hurt me a lot but then had to zoom out and make a bigger decision.. I also didn't actually think I was going to win, I thought Joel was and JC was totally done in the chally....

Back