Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 6 Discussion (16 June)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the bias has been so real and so predictable. As viewers we need to create a force against that bias for the next season.
That’s what they want, it boosts their social media and brand engagement which gets more advertisers involved. If anything don’t respond to the producer bias, respond the opposite way you normally would, that’s how you send an RTV producer spare and get their show cancelled.

First of all, they're not the first four evictions, we've had two other people evicted in the meantime.

Each person that has been eliminated so far has been for a valid reason.
Laura - annoying.
Alan - strategic threat.
Soobong - challenge threat.
Talia - leader of her faction.
Danni - collateral damage from miscommunication and lies.
Angie - challenge threat and revenge.

I think it can be argued that their evictions were each due to a failure to play the game effectively.

The same old excuses.

You have 4 POC who were kicked out at the first available opportunity each and every time, out of a house of 20 people. That is statistically impossible without racial bias at play.

Everyone’s been throwing around the word ‘threat’ likes it’s a get out of jail free card. The truth is most of the housemates are an equal threat level to each other but it’s the POC who get picked first because they have to live by different standards. Literally tonight: Angela threat = bad, Chad threat = celebrated. He was smiling and bragging about it on the couch.

You’ve also said the POC have been evicted as a result of them playing the game badly. By this measure Kieren should have been out now too. But he’s not, because there’s double standards. This is the core of racial bias and something that is so frequently wished away with excuses like the ones above.

I just want a GIF of her in the control room with cup of tea in hand.

ICONIC.

Close enough for now?

E0xItlv.jpg

Just as I uploaded this, I noticed she already has a cup brewed (bottom right). How could she not?

Anyone else frustrated by the out of sequence cut away of facial reactions to when house mates are talking and/or making controversial comments?

During the evictions is the worse. I'd love to see JUST ONE wide pan camera view of a group of housemates as they are talking in real time and their reactions specifically to that conversation for longer than 10 seconds.. Getting a fking headache from all the non-sequential cut-aways and edits every 5 seconds.. Couple that with that cheap dramatic droning music, it's making it very hard to watch.

Love Angie and maybe was already irritated by the above ^^ but her extended happy crying at the end of the show forced me to hit the power button on the remote control.. Mmm snickers time I think.

Interesting, I would of thought producers wouldn't know who they'd pit as the fan favorite until they started editing. I'm suprised they picked her out and it pulled off well, especially only 12 days in.

First of all, they're not the first four evictions, we've had two other people evicted in the meantime.

Laura - annoying.
Alan - strategic threat.

I think it can be argued that their evictions were each due to a failure to play the game effectively.
If that ra
That’s what they want, it boosts their social media and brand engagement which gets more advertisers involved. If anything don’t respond to the producer bias, respond the opposite way you normally would, that’s how you send an RTV producer spare and get their show cancelled.
I don't respond on any other format, this is the only format I am engaed in. All I can ask for is harsh format like
BBUK where the public have major influence over the game or something that includes the public from multiple countries. I love BB and of I could then i'd make it big I'd make it international.

Laura - annoying.
Alan - strategic threat.

The two other white people who were evicted instead of Angela was because she was in power because she won the challenges... they don’t count.

The same old excuses.

You have 4 POC who were kicked out at the first available opportunity each and every time, out of a house of 20 people. That is statistically impossible without racial bias at play.
Statistically impossible? Tim. I appreciate your stance but that is just wrong. How is that earthly statistically impossible?
Look. My impression is that it has not been racially biased. I may be wrong. You may be wrong. Facts logic and yes, even maths doesnt prove either of us right. I think there has been a distinct personality reason. Gameplay. Big mouth. Threat.
You know. Universal traits we all have. I find it inherently dangerous to quickly assume its racist based. My fear is that it gives true racists an out to point out a lack of proper logical cause and effect. Thus strengthening their disgusting positions.
Its a precarious subject. But on face value, I dont find or have sensed any overt racism in the group. I think such were quickly vetted from ever being a part of this ensemble. Especially in these times. Had the public voted? I perhaps could view your point with different eyes.
Im not arguing. Of course we all view events thru our individual perspective.
I just worry for pieces of shit to use scarce ammunition to defend the indefensible.

Tonights BB episode was pure GOLD!

I was p*ssing myself laughing at the housemates reactions to the ball task!
I was over the moon that Ian won that fascinating rope challenge!
I was almost crying my eyes out at Angelas shock eviction!
I was literally blown away with the sudden twist for saving Angela!

Bring on BB next Sunday @ 8 PM on 7!

Lol the editing is getting really messy. Ian was almost completely unravelled, then the next shot he was almost covered again.
The editors don’t give a rats about timeline. It’s a little bit from here and a little bit from there style editing, probably WAY more than we can ascertain. And I thought that Aus survivor had problems!

Tonights BB episode was pure GOLD!

I was p*ssing myself laughing at the housemates reactions to the ball task!
I was over the moon that Ian won that fascinating rope challenge!
I was almost crying my eyes out at Angelas shock eviction!
I was literally blown away with the sudden twist for saving Angela!

Bring on BB next Sunday @ 8 PM on 7!
Hey channel 7 intern! Can you tell us who the final three are?

I dont find or have sensed any overt racism in the group. I think such were quickly vetted from ever being a part of this ensemble

You need to stop thinking of racism as only something explicit, like insults and bad words. Racism exists in many forms and unconscious biases are some of the most dangerous, because people don’t even realise they have them. If you can’t see why 4 POC evicted in a row out of a group that is 80% white is a cause for concern, then you need to look a little harder at your own worldview.

I think a good litmus test for the racial bias question is...

If the same thing had happened - 4 POC evicted at the first opportunity in a row, leaving a completely white household - in BBUK or BBUSA, would there have been a lot of noise made?

Australia likes to think it is a diverse place but denial runs deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back