Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 3 Discussion (10 June) - Final four housemates enter

Is Sonia a good BBAU 2020 Host / Narrator so far?

• No, She is Terrible.

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Yes, She is Awesome.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Maybe, She is Mixed.

Votes: 33 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what brand makes that style of stripey jumper Xavier the surfer was wearing in last nights ep?

If these HMs are smart......and want us to believe they are not racists
Talia challenge beast, and her sidekicks Dickheaddan, and stupid tiny person should be targets
and evicted I hope
Laura and Allan were more interesting

hey all, it's been a...while!

so i'm one of those people that was 100% a week ago of the opinion that this would be rubbish, how can you pre record and ruin the format etc etc.
perhaps it's time to eat humble pie - i'm loving this show so far!!! (granted, i am a bbus addict every year, so i totally get the format)

i do wish we had extra time each week to get to know more and more of the housemates a bit more, that would be my only complaint so far. i wouldn't have a clue of half of their names yet and we're three episodes in. perhaps the 'late' housemates needed to be immune from their first nomination ceremony once inside the house?

angela and the whole tea story - hilarious!
talia starting to come across as a real bitch, but i still think shes gorgeous haha. will be interesting to see if she and hannah can form a friendship.

i am looking forward to next week already! bring it on

this new version is doing ok for a first season, im just telling myself that any BB is better than no BB
hey all, it's been a...while!

so i'm one of those people that was 100% a week ago of the opinion that this would be rubbish, how can you pre record and ruin the format etc etc.
perhaps it's time to eat humble pie - i'm loving this show so far!!! (granted, i am a bbus addict every year, so i totally get the format)

i do wish we had extra time each week to get to know more and more of the housemates a bit more, that would be my only complaint so far. i wouldn't have a clue of half of their names yet and we're three episodes in. perhaps the 'late' housemates needed to be immune from their first nomination ceremony once inside the house?

angela and the whole tea story - hilarious!
talia starting to come across as a real bitch, but i still think shes gorgeous haha. will be interesting to see if she and hannah can form a friendship.

i am looking forward to next week already! bring it on
Agreed with both, I loved the old way but it's 10+ years ago too so we've also come a bit. I wish it were still live, I did love that aspect of BB.
I also agree with you Dave, we need to get to know the housemates some more, although last night was an actual start they stopped focusing on the trial and that and focused on conversations, need that a bit more.

All in all, it's not actually a terrible season though.

This isn't about closet racism. The voting process just doesn't encourage keeping interesting people in.

The people most talked about being eliminated are people who openly play strategically (Allan and Kieran) and people who are challenge threats (Laura and Soobong).

Giving whoever wins the challenge immunity AND the power to nominate 3 people is absolutely huge. It would have been smarter to split these prizes somehow. Even just putting any of it on challenges - the weakest part of the BB experience - is probably a mistake. None of us care if you can stand on a pole with a partner the longest. That barely belongs in a social experiment, let alone should award a housemate or two so much power.

i do wish we had extra time each week to get to know more and more of the housemates a bit more, that would be my only complaint so far. i wouldn't have a clue of half of their names yet and we're three episodes in.

I'm amazed they have barely had their names on-screen.

For me this BB is like they forgot the salt in the bread.
After each episode I feel like I watched 10 minutes of the old BB.
There is no substance, oh! how I miss BB before :(
Y'all know I'm a purist for the original format - but even as somebody who very often re-watches entire seasons of the Ten era, after watching BBAU12, I actually found myself getting restless when I tried to get through a week of BBAU03 again this week. Not because I don't love the natural and organic conversations or observing the body language and social interactions between HMs, but because we have evolved and TV in general has grown to become a lot more fast-paced and rather disposable, so seeing and hearing everything across an entire week just becomes... draining. Sadly it just wouldn't work on TV today.

Evolution is inevitable and I truly think Endemol/Seven have made the right decision to take BBAU in the direction they have this year. It certainly isn't without its flaws, of which there are many and there's a lot that could be tweaked, but I think we should embrace the "evolution" of our beloved show. After all, this season does seem to be progressing rather well so far.

Actually that reminded me, Gretel was such a good host compared to Sonia. I was watching the launch of BB06 I think (One with Logan in it!) holy god. It's like they downgraded immensly, honestly.
woops 2005, not sure if anyone has corrected you hehe

I think they should have just stuck with twelve housemates and just did an eviction a week until there were three left for the finale. Have the challenge on Sunday, nominations on Monday, and eviction on Tuesday. That gives more space to see the social and strategic dynamics of the house.
Also could have had an intruder like a quarter in or halfway and then had a double eviction towards the end!!

I still reiterate what I said before. The change in allowing HMs the evict vote, doesn't allow the public to keep interesting people in the house.

I really wanted to see and hear more of SBong, and was thoroughly disappointed with him being voted off.

My example was Sara-Marie BBAU01 - the HMs kept putting her up for eviction, but the public kept voting to keep her in.

And, since the nomination process is SO tightly connected to winning challenges, anyone with a perceived physical advantage is automatically added to the 3 nominations.

It's just NOT the same anymore. I really wish the public had the influence. We may all be pleasantly surprised by a wellspring of empathy.

giphy.gif

I'm amazed they have barely had their names on-screen.
Yeah, I've been watching BB12 actually and earlier seasons but I'm stuck on BB12 atm. They constantly had their names on screen at the beginning, and at day 7 (when they revealed their secrets) it felt like they were all really close.
I think we should embrace the "evolution" of our beloved show. After all, this season does seem to be progressing rather well so far.
Agreed! At first I thought it was weird that they weren't putting in full noms ect, but they are putting them on 7Plus so it's not like they're not letting us watch it, they're cutting it down to get to the "task at hand", so to speak. Where the original format although it was great, they did drawwww it out unnecessarily - and like @the Theorist said we've changed since then so it's just our show changing with the times.

A lot off topic - Does anyone have footage of the turkey slap incident and/or Jamies penis? I was younger when that was aired, I'd be curious to see it through BB, and I never actually saw the turkey slap incident either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back