Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 3 Discussion (10 June) - Final four housemates enter

Is Sonia a good BBAU 2020 Host / Narrator so far?

• No, She is Terrible.

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Yes, She is Awesome.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Maybe, She is Mixed.

Votes: 33 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh he's kinda cute

dcap8ik-576a9810-b489-4384-8322-27376d930793.gif

Yes like a piece of pain white bread. I expected more from you Madge.

Well that's the third non-white housemate gone then. Guess next they'll pick off the oldies and then after a diverse cast to start we'll be back to a traditional cookie cutter BB cast.

As for tonights episode - the intruder scenario was well done and better than what they did yesterday. I'm glad they got the intruders in pretty quickly really as in this format to be fair they need to be in fairly early. None of the originals understood the format enough though to realise that was 4 extra votes for them to put in their back pocket. (Backing up to yesterdays episode would have been more interesting to have the intruders play for immunity rather than roast dinner!).

Thankfully producers got their Keiran obsession out early doors - but that is just dull television. The cast trying to say he is too "strategic" is laughable too - he's about as strategic as a slug. The word they're looking for is "cry baby" - he survived eviction by moping, not by offering any housemate any strategic advantage. In episode 2 especially the housemates seemed to fail to grasp that picking up the least amount of votes didn't mean he was a dead cert to go next time.

Got to talk about Angela and her tea - forget Coronavirus and Black Lives Matters - the biggest controversy here in the UK this week has been an American showing people on Tik Tok how to make "British Tea" by sticking it in the microwave. I don't know what Angela was drinking but I've never seen a brew that colour - looks more like some of Ray's leftover Chocolate Milk.

And as for the eviction - predictable and boring. The housemates are just not getting the game because they've not been given the time to think about the game and the winner of the challenge doesn't get the time to think about the move they're making, whilst there just isn't enough time to campaign. So often in the US a nominee can be on the block for 6 days and be almost certain to be going home only for things to change in the hours before the live show. This is rushed and it feels rushed.

@Brekkie I’m starting to think that the idea to adapt the format had more to do with wanting the show to be pre-taped rather than an actual desire to adapt a strategy based format... Thinking about it that way it kind of explains why the format lags. Obviously going too hard too fast has the potential to turn off viewers. So clearly the thinking was to adapt a slow and easy approach. Sadly that thinking has turned out to be flawed.

As I pointed out before having everything predetermined isn’t helping production adapt and respond to elements that aren’t working for us viewers. Hopefully they have enough insight from this series to adapt going forward. I think it’s safe to say staying with the format isn’t an issue but rather execution.

For me this BB is like they forgot the salt in the bread.
I don't believe the nominations, we don't see them vote, so they know exactly who will stay in the house and who will win.
After each episode I feel like I watched 10 minutes of the old BB.
There is no substance, oh! how I miss BB before :(

For me this BB is like they forgot the salt in the bread.
I don't believe the nominations, we don't see them vote, so they know exactly who will stay in the house and who will win.
After each episode I feel like I watched 10 minutes of the old BB.
There is no substance, oh! how I miss BB before :(

“The game has changed”

lol I want Mariisa to go all 'pissed off pensioner' on them now & pout her lips more... PAINT way MORE gloss on ya botoxed mouth guards LUV...

Oh and nuffin like a 60+ wrinkled old hag struttin' about in lycra :cry:

U need to go a tad more toxic darl & tear those two girls to shreds - ya know, the ones that voted you cause they knew you weren't' going home but you interpreted their voting you as a PERSONAL attack of the most vicious kind that requires a FULL RETALIATORY ATTACK 🎯🧨:oops::D

Are you all right?

...it still makes me chuckle that after Allen (the first Asian guy) was evicted that the next morning that ‘Sunrise and Koshie’ woke us all up with the ‘dramatic’ blaring announcement of “the SHOCK eviction of an housemate in the Big Brother House on last night’s episode”... the only person that was ‘SHOCKED’ by the completely predictable eviction with Sonya’s announcement was from Allen himself... us on here and the rest of Australia saw what was happening easily... Allen was the ONLY person not to see it coming because he was totally blinded by his own massive self-absorbed ego...

...when Laura? was evicted the next night (from memory) ‘Sunrise and Koshie’ the next morning said nothing about Laura being the next one to leave... was it because she was ‘black’ and that they saw some sort of ‘pattern’ forming?... did they decide to distance their show from Big Brother?...

...then lo and behold another Asian gets evicted!... no mention by ‘Sunrise and Koshie‘ so far as I write so?... did his eviction confirm what they already suspected?... methinks so!... watch out Channel 7... people aren’t stupid... they will speak up... because this was pre-recorded you can’t change what has happened... I just hope that Angela stays in a little longer for your sake (even though I don’t particularly like her myself)... it’s not looking good that’s for sure... cheers.

...it still makes me chuckle that after Allen (the first Asian guy) was evicted that the next morning that ‘Sunrise and Koshie’ woke us all up with the ‘dramatic’ blaring announcement of “the SHOCK eviction of an housemate in the Big Brother House on last night’s episode”... the only person that was ‘SHOCKED’ by the completely predictable eviction with Sonya’s announcement was from Allen himself... us on here and the rest of Australia saw what was happening easily... Allen was the ONLY person not to see it coming because he was totally blinded by his own massive self-absorbed ego...

...when Laura? was evicted the next night (from memory) ‘Sunrise and Koshie’ the next morning said nothing about Laura being the next one to leave... was it because she was ‘black’ and that they saw some sort of ‘pattern’ forming?... did they decide to distance their show from Big Brother?...

...then lo and behold another Asian gets evicted!... no mention by ‘Sunrise and Koshie‘ so far as I write so?... did his eviction confirm what they already suspected?... methinks so!... watch out Channel 7... people aren’t stupid... they will speak up... because this was pre-recorded you can’t change what has happened... I just hope that Angela stays in a little longer for your sake (even though I don’t particularly like her myself)... it’s not looking good that’s for sure... cheers.
Laura was the first night eviction Sticky, and she was on sunrise the next morning. I’m sure S-bong would have been on sunrise too today.

Laura was the first night eviction Sticky, and she was on sunrise the next morning. I’m sure S-bong would have been on sunrise too today.

...thanks for correcting me bleachy my friend... (trust me to get it arsed up lol,)... but either way... it doesn’t look good for Channel 7... (I was probably having a shower when she was on I guess lol!)... again... thanks for correcting me... cheers.

Are you all right?

OUPS I quoted the wrong person sorry I wanted to answer Kingston

Yes it has :( The contrast with the old version is just too significant, but I see in the comments here some people still like this one, so I guess it works for some people.

Last edited:
I think they should have just stuck with twelve housemates and just did an eviction a week until there were three left for the finale. Have the challenge on Sunday, nominations on Monday, and eviction on Tuesday. That gives more space to see the social and strategic dynamics of the house.

...we don't see them vote, so they know exactly who will stay in the house and who will win...
If that's getting you down, 7Plus posts the full votes a little time after the episode airs.

Though I do understand how you feel about the 'change'. :)

this new version is doing ok for a first season, im just telling myself that any BB is better than no BB
I can't :( I prefer Survivors, less fake. Maybe I will get use of it, but I don't believe what is happening, I see manipulation everywhere (sigh) I am sad

Reactions: kxk
If that's getting you down, 7Plus posts the full votes a little time after the episode airs.

Though I do understand how you feel about the 'change'. :)
Really? Wow! Now that is good news. I truly thought they were fake votes :) Thank you so much that helps a lot :)

I think they should have just stuck with twelve housemates and just did an eviction a week until there were three left for the finale. Have the challenge on Sunday, nominations on Monday, and eviction on Tuesday. That gives more space to see the social and strategic dynamics of the house.
I agree with all you said. So much of the show is spent on "silly" games to nominate, then most of the time left to see almost no one vote or their reasons..
I liked the old BB saying " that is not a good enough reason.. You have another strike now you're up for eviction"
I need more social interaction and get to have a Fav HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back