Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2020 - Episode 3 Discussion (10 June) - Final four housemates enter

Is Sonia a good BBAU 2020 Host / Narrator so far?

• No, She is Terrible.

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Yes, She is Awesome.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Maybe, She is Mixed.

Votes: 33 51.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonights episode was really good. Each ep is getting better for me. For a first season they've done a superb job. The casting for me is on fleek. I'm warming to the new format and am enjoying the fast pace of the show, it's making the old format seem very slow, which is starting to make me think maybe it wouldn't have worked nowadays.

They need to adjust the settings on the Xavier hologram, it's not showing up enough in footage.

Apart from one glitch tonight where Garth had a bit of a grope while clinging to him in the challenge.

It's a shame SooBong was a threat too interesting.

And that the cool kids Daniel & Talia are calling the shots.
Talia gives me an Erin Love Island vibe.

Currently doing my nightly rewatch of tonight’s episode (because y’know, I let this show take over my life when it’s on) and how on earth did this cheeky comment bypass our thread....!

Garth: I reckon when we have Intruders they’re gonna bring in a big poof to rival me.
Daniel: Oh, imagine that. Head to head!!

👀

Alright, Time to start the thread for Sun (I'm totally kidding, I'm not that bloody keen).
Ugh, I wana go rewatch old BB's. I'm enjoying the old ones. I love that article @Tim.

Reactions: kxk
Of the viewers who deny there is a racial bias problem, the most common excuse is that the evicted housemates “were a threat”.
The other frequent line is that the evicted housemates simply “didn’t fit in” or “didn’t put in the effort to get to know others”.

These are all pretty common racist tropes in themselves.

Talia and Sarah were so obsessed with Hannah it never crossed their minds no one else had any reason to vote her out. Not great strategic thinkers.

This is a good point, if they wanted Hannah out so badly, then why pit her with Soobong, someone who's already an openly discussed target? I guess they didn't want to upset the house even further (but even then, why not put someone up like Danni?)

It's good that three get put up as it stirs things up more. But giving someone a further chance to save themselves would add more interest. The challenges that there have been looked ok. The HMs entering at night task was more interesting than the crane/shopping.

The edit does feel heavy handed, making the HMs one dimensional and the storyline overpushed. Having more random conversations revealing the relationships in more detail would be better, in a less rushed format.

I hope that if there is a second season that they will take on some criticism and at least go back to the old voices of big brother instead of this stupid new robot phone sex hotline thing.

I'd like to hear the voice through the loud speaker in the house, just so it brings a bit more reality to it. They use it more as an editing device, floating around the camerawork. It already feels very manipulated but that makes it even more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back