• Mixed

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nan’s opinions on the past winners of BBAU and preferred winners;

HUP!

2001: Ben - Bland as fuck. Preferred Sara-Marie
2002: Perter - Carbon copy of Ben. Preferred Marty.
2003: Reggie - Loved her. Preferred Reggie.
2004: Trevor - Who? Preferred Bree.
2005: Logan - They were only popular because they were twins. Preferred Vesna
2006: Jamie - What a dick. Preferred Camilla.
2007: Alesha - Good girl. Preferred Alesha or Zach.
2008: Terri - What even was her character? Preferred None.

Hup!

2012: Benjamin - Biggest bully water throwing tantrum pulling bitch. Preferred Estelle.
2013: Tim - Loved his gameplay. Preferred Tim.
2014: Ryan - Didn’t even know who he was for the first six weeks. Honestly thought he was what my grandson calls an NPC. Preferred Skype.
2020: Chad - Could be worse. Preferred Sophie.

Hup!

2021: ME! I’m going to fuck up all the shit sweethearts!

I didn't watch the show. But read some of the comments.
Yes, I gave up the episodes after week three realising I much preferred the hour of reading through the thread here than the hour watching the show.

Yep I was getting this vibe from 7 for the last 2 weeks.
It's common with all Aussie shows - they promote the next series so early then smack a watermark on their existing reality flagship. They don't care about viewers watching the show - all they care about is viewers watching the promos within the show to watch the show which will replace it. I honestly don't know how viewers put up with Aussie commercial TV - it treats their audience like shit.

The finale would have felt even more dead if the contestants didnt show their any emotions in any way. It would have been lame if they just stood to the side clapping.
That is the world we live in though at the moment - we're not supposed to have emotional physical contact with people outside our households in most cases. If grandparents can refrain from hugging their grandkids and elderly couples not even see each other for months (as has been the case with my parents as my dad is in care) then reality TV show contestants can keep their distance during a finale. Frankly the way they've been acting in Sydney they all deserve to get it.

That is the world we live in though at the moment - we're not supposed to have emotional physical contact with people outside our households in most cases. If grandparents can refrain from hugging their grandkids and elderly couples not even see each other for months (as has been the case with my parents as my dad is in care) then reality TV show contestants can keep their distance during a finale. Frankly the way they've been acting in Sydney they all deserve to get it.

They could just do elbow bumps or fist bumps! Masterchef was really good at the whole social distancing thing. This was out of control and is a terrible message to send to people.

They could just do elbow bumps or fist bumps! Masterchef was really good at the whole social distancing thing. This was out of control and is a terrible message to send to people.
they were,some of the people eliminated like Jess for example could really have done with a hug

Nan’s opinions on the past winners of BBAU and preferred winners;

HUP!

2001: Ben - Bland as fuck. Preferred Sara-Marie
2002: Perter - Carbon copy of Ben. Preferred Marty.
2003: Reggie - Loved her. Preferred Reggie.
2004: Trevor - Who? Preferred Bree.
2005: Logan - They were only popular because they were twins. Preferred Vesna
2006: Jamie - What a dick. Preferred Camilla.
2007: Alesha - Good girl. Preferred Alesha or Zach.
2008: Terri - What even was her character? Preferred None.

Hup!

2012: Benjamin - Biggest bully water throwing tantrum pulling bitch. Preferred Estelle.
2013: Tim - Loved his gameplay. Preferred Tim.
2014: Ryan - Didn’t even know who he was for the first six weeks. Honestly thought he was what my grandson calls an NPC. Preferred Skype.
2020: Chad - Could be worse. Preferred Sophie.

Hup!

2021: ME! I’m going to fuck up all the shit sweethearts!
100% agree with all of these!!

Just been able to watch this - and god, when Sonia is the best thing about something you know they've got it very wrong.

The final kind of summed up everything that was wrong with the season - too much focus on housemates who didn't deserve it, too much following a pre-determined narrative, too built around individual housemates rather than the show itself - so many were asked about Kieran rather than their own experience, which was incredibly insulting to all. Even Kieran is more self aware of how unwatchable he was than the producers. The final also seriously highlighted how important eviction interviews are - and how important it is to get their raw emotion the moment after they've been evicted, not months later.

Ultimately there was nowhere near enough focus on the people the final should be about - the finalists. It should have opened with the packages about the finalists and their pleas, and then bought in the other housemates for discussion whilst the vote remained opened rather than leaving it till the end. Indeed like every episode this series it felt like the first two thirds were just filler and then all the real action happened in the last half hour.

It's kinda weird.. I like Dan and think he's added some real entertainment to the house dynamics this season comparatively to the other hm's. Whether it be his jokes, commentary, fear of birds or just the banter his fat nose elicits from BB. But for some reason, my tummy didn't want him to win. There must be some underlying support for the 'underdog' feeling going on.. I suppose he could come across as smarmy, mildly slimy with a very light sprinkle of superiority complex. But that's being extremely critical.

I feel we need to give Chad more props for his final challenge win. He cops a few digs for his lack of superior intelligence. But if the tapes are true and they all saw and started that challenge equally on the night, he did extremely well and his 'street smarts' really kicked in. The ability to judge distance, velocity and timing of those balls the way he did, took some serious brain power especially with the added physical stress involved. I feel his brains won out on the only day that mattered the most and sealed his victory. Not the most entertaining hm to watch but a deserving winner in my books.

The one good thing about this season was the absence of a 'vomiting challenge'. You know... the one where the HMs had to eat cockroaches, sheep's testicles, fish eyes etc. ... all the things that are considered delicacies in most civilised countries and can be consumed by spoilt brats only with a bucket next to them for the inevitable puke frenzy o_O

Scientists have discovered that there is a humanoid subrace that enjoys watching this kinda shit and finds it hilarious. Is it any wonder aliens won't visit our planet with our advanced, modern societies?

Just been able to watch this - and god, when Sonia is the best thing about something you know they've got it very wrong.

The final kind of summed up everything that was wrong with the season - too much focus on housemates who didn't deserve it, too much following a pre-determined narrative, too built around individual housemates rather than the show itself - so many were asked about Kieran rather than their own experience, which was incredibly insulting to all. Even Kieran is more self aware of how unwatchable he was than the producers. The final also seriously highlighted how important eviction interviews are - and how important it is to get their raw emotion the moment after they've been evicted, not months later.

Ultimately there was nowhere near enough focus on the people the final should be about - the finalists. It should have opened with the packages about the finalists and their pleas, and then bought in the other housemates for discussion whilst the vote remained opened rather than leaving it till the end. Indeed like every episode this series it felt like the first two thirds were just filler and then all the real action happened in the last half hour.

It was a replica of the Survivor reunion. Seems Amelia Fisk is incapable of any originality.

Can anyone link me to the Mike Goldman behind the scenes footage, thanks!

Edit: No matter, found it. Funny line Mike Goldmans' last line : "Who wins? Big Brother decides"! I wonder if that was an honest, yet secure little dig at the production this year?

Also, Chad seems a bit off the rails, compare it to Kieran who is so cordial!

Last edited:
...I don’t know if it’s just me but I’m just glad that it’s over to be honest... I didn’t want to see Channel 7 continue mangling and butchering up the once great show that we all loved so much in the Channel 10 days... Channel 9 did a massive shit job of killing the show as we loved it... yet Channel 7 continued to kill it even quicker and more thoroughly than Channel 9 ever did unfortunately...

...instead of taking on board Channel 9’s mistakes and making a better version of our beloved show it seems to me that they’ve either deliberately or undeliberately tried to fuck it up even more... didn’t they even watch a single episode of Channel 10’s Big Brother?...

...Channel 7 better take a long hard look of how fucked up this series was and improve it before next season or it will sink quicker than the Titanic!... channel 7 executives and producers do yourselves a big favour... watch at least a few of Channel 10’s episodes... PLEASE!... cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back