Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Relieved

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Mixed

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more. At the very beginning I found her quite AI... minus the I perhaps. She reminded me too much of Alicia Vikander in Ex Machina. Once she started 'neglecting' her makeup and to actually speak and move around a bit, I began to appreciate her as a human being. In fact, I found her quite sweet and delightfully quirky toward the end.
Sadly all this new found adoration was dashed when I saw her in that horrible outfit during the final. ...and that makeup, of course. She'd gone from real person back to a soulless, artificial entity.

I've got an old fashioned notion of reality shows being about the real person, warts and all. It's like on Survivor when you see the players out of the game and they have all this makeup plastered on them (men and women) it feels like it isn't as real anymore.

With Sophie and Chad I feel fans of either would think Chad probably has the better chance and if he splits the money it's a win for both, so it was a logical thing to pile the votes on him anyway. He may still have won just being the most inoffensive I guess and that hero edit about that supposed terrible injury he had in the challenge, which turned out actually not so horrid after all. That was a severe misdirection in the edit, but maybe a bit too much for me.

Last edited:
It's like on Survivor when you see the players out of the game and they have all this makeup plastered on them (men and women)
Oh yeah, I hate that. All the guys have lost their sexy, scruffy, bearded, rustic looks and come to the reunion looking like bloody Ken dolls. Blergh. Well, the women too.

I've got an old fashioned notion of reality shows being about the real person, warts and all. It's like on Survivor when you see the players out of the game and they have all this makeup plastered on them (men and women) it feels like it isn't as real anymore.

With Sophie and Chad I feel fans of either would think Chad probably has the better chance and if he splits the money it's a win for both, so it was a logical thing to pile the votes on him anyway. He may still have won just being the most inoffensive I guess and that hero edit about that supposed terrible injury he had in the challenge, which turned out actually not so horrid after all. That was a severe misdirection in the edit, but maybe a bit too much for me.
LOL... "...severe misdirection"? It was a blatant assault on my intelligence and brought back the old saying: 'Don't piss on my foot and tell me it's raining!' :oops:😊

Allowing people to announce they will split the prize money does distort the vote though.
Usually that sort of thing wouldn't be allowed anyway. I know in the US they're not allowed to discuss what they'll do with the prize money so it is awarded on the game rather than the need, and I'm pretty sure in the US version and I think to in the UK version there were rules forbidding you on striking deals to split the prize money.

I don't know if Chad and Sophie discussed that within the house or whether they discussed it afterwards, which makes it a bit of a grey area, but it does seem to make a bit of a mockery of the vote, even if Sophie only got say $25k.

Based on that too I'm assuming there was no prize for second or third place. One of the reasons BBUSA has a $50k prize for the runner up is to acknowledge that to make the final they may have to burn their bridges along the way which will prevent them winning a final vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back