Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Relieved

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Mixed

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
700k is quite remarkable, especially as they didn't advertise the voting to half the country when it opened.
Half? More like 85%. So even more remarkable. Shows that the viewers are even more hard core than I thought. But the consistent 700k (overnight) audience would seem to indicate that.

I can't find it but I do recall the number of SMS & phone votes being mentioned possibly 2007 or later.

Looks like Chad won in a landslide:

"A producer on The Kyle and Jackie O Show mentioned on Thursday that a Channel Seven publicist had confirmed the the result to her off record."

Chad was apparently leagues ahead of the second-place contestant, they said.

Looks like Chad won in a landslide:

"A producer on The Kyle and Jackie O Show mentioned on Thursday that a Channel Seven publicist had confirmed the the result to her off record."

Chad was apparently leagues ahead of the second-place contestant, they said.

Yeah, Mat said the same thing. But they haven’t confirmed who came second place. I believe Sophie but would love to know.

So for those listening to all the radio/podcast/vodcast, have any of the "boffins" asked about the results ?

And, if it's only "off record" does that mean they've decided to only reveal the winner ?

Other than what we already know.

I was expecting Chad to win, found him boring but most of the public probably found him 'nice' enough to vote for. They should have really had the result near the start like Survivor, happy I didn't watch it live and could skip quickly to the end.

I imagine lots of clapping tonight. People probably aren’t allowed to cheer or scream in the studio due to COVID restrictions.

But that's good, means it sounds less fake.

Huh? That makes no sense at all.
There should be a buildup and a reason for people to watch the show and engage which is what has been lacking the whole series.

A common hook in a show is that you leave the reason people are waiting to see until the end so they stay and watch. Announcing the winner at the start makes no sense.
Past BB's the voting closes during the finale, there is no reason to close voting beforehand unless they are filming the Finale on delay of a few hours.

Being dragged through a show just to find the result at the end isn't great. If people are fans of an interesting show they will watch the rest of the finale. If it's been a crappy show maybe they wouldn't, but it would be better then not to watch live but to watch catchup like I did.

Last edited:
Two winners for the price of one!

Allowing people to announce they will split the prize money does distort the vote though. I think Chad was likely always winning anyway, Sophie was a bit stroppy in the edit sometimes (and survived via a twist), and Dan played the game more than Chad. So Chad was always the safe option for the audience who dislike gameplay.

I was expecting Chad to win, found him boring but most of the public probably found him 'nice' enough to vote for. They should have really had the result near the start like Survivor, happy I didn't watch it live and could skip quickly to the end.

There would be then no incentive to watch and the ratings would have dropped off as the show went on, which no network wants.

Allowing people to announce they will split the prize money does distort the vote though. I think Chad was likely always winning anyway, Sophie was a bit stroppy in the edit sometimes (and survived via a twist), and Dan played the game more than Chad. So Chad was always the safe option for the audience who dislike gameplay.

I think gameplay and getting the audience vote can still work if you are charming enough.

I do think Chad would have won regardless by the sounds of it but not having an episode with just the final 3 seems like even more of a mistake now considering the momentum Chad had in that final episode. It seems all they got is a bottle of champagne and then we've seen a bit of footage of them leaving, but not on the show itself.

A final episode with a final meal acting as a reflection on their time in the house would have been ideal to air the night before the final. Include some flashbacks plus the final three talking to Big Brother in the diary room about their experience and making a plea to viewers and you've a decent appetizer to the final which perhaps puts all three on more of a level footing.

It does, as do the sob stories of certain HMs sometimes placed at the very beginning and then often repeated for emphasis during the last third of the series. This clearly gives an unjust advantage to a few selected. It gives us the impression that those chosen ones deserve to win more than the others.

I thinks she looks better without all that makeup on.
I couldn't agree more. At the very beginning I found her quite AI... minus the I perhaps. She reminded me too much of Alicia Vikander in Ex Machina. Once she started 'neglecting' her makeup and to actually speak and move around a bit, I began to appreciate her as a human being. In fact, I found her quite sweet and delightfully quirky toward the end.
Sadly all this new found adoration was dashed when I saw her in that horrible outfit during the final. ...and that makeup, of course. She'd gone from real person back to a soulless, artificial entity.

I do think Chad would have won regardless by the sounds of it but not having an episode with just the final 3 seems like even more of a mistake now considering the momentum Chad had in that final episode. It seems all they got is a bottle of champagne and then we've seen a bit of footage of them leaving, but not on the show itself.

A final episode with a final meal acting as a reflection on their time in the house would have been ideal to air the night before the final. Include some flashbacks plus the final three talking to Big Brother in the diary room about their experience and making a plea to viewers and you've a decent appetizer to the final which perhaps puts all three on more of a level footing.
100% agree with this 🙌🙌🙌

I just hope that Channel 7 learn their lesson from this season, but I am more preparing myself for things to just get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back