Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Relieved

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Mixed

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is ANYBODY able to get near the studio ? Just curious about the ...ahem... Live timing tonight. 🤔

Channel 7 have ROYALLY screwed up the final, arguably THE MOST important element of the show. I'm reiterating some points that have been made elsewhere here, to highlight the unprofessional way in which this has been handled. Please bare with me here, for this moment, forget about who the individuals are and your feelings towards them, and look at this in a clinical mindset with no feelings.

• West Coast Australia received graphics at the end of episode 20 telling them they could now vote and how to. This did not appear in South Australia, Queensland, ACT & NSW versions (possibly NT version too). This makes sense because the live show is delayed in West Australia, South Australia to an extent, and they wouldn't ordinarily be able to vote live anyway and would thus miss out. That's fair... But, it has now been revealed that voting closes before the final episode airs on the East Coast, with the result that people who don't follow social media won't be voting. Sonia clearly said in Episode 20 that we would be voting in tonight's episode.
  • Voting was opened at the end of an episode which had a clear bias in favor of a specific housemate. One should argue that, ideally, the message should be conveyed clearly on how the voting process works, and to present the various arcs of each housemate in a clear and fair manner before announcing the votes opening. This has not happened. Anybody who has seen the original Big Brother format knows how this works.
  • The voting mechanism is flawed and allows for bots and techniques to skew results.
That's just how it is, I guess my hopes were set a bit high that the final could have made the show. It seems that production have essentially written in who the winner is of their show.
Hate to say, but the website says voting will end during the show. Despite certain states being told to vote before 7:30pm AEST

https://7plus.com.au/big-brother-live-voting

"When does the vote close?
The vote closes during the Big Brother episode on Wednesday 22nd July (AEST)"

but I agree - quite the cockup. :rolleyes:

Would make sense for voting to close at the beginning. Announce the winner then do the reunion.
Huh? That makes no sense at all.
There should be a buildup and a reason for people to watch the show and engage which is what has been lacking the whole series.

A common hook in a show is that you leave the reason people are waiting to see until the end so they stay and watch. Announcing the winner at the start makes no sense.
Past BB's the voting closes during the finale, there is no reason to close voting beforehand unless they are filming the Finale on delay of a few hours.

through-rose-tinted-glasses.jpeg

I’m actually quite excited for tonight. I have forgotten how much I love Big Brother since it was on last in 2014 and this season has been entertaining and brought back the passion for the show

The 70 people in the audience has me wondering who they are. Each housemate brought one family/friend so there’s 20 people already and they didn’t advertise on any ticketing websites for audience members. Does the 70 include the housemates and crew as well?

Pretty much accepted that the Chadster is gonna take it out, not mad at all, was honest all season,didn't play a great game sure, but if it's not Dan I'm happy it's him. I feel I don't have the same annoyance at this season of Big Brother as the rest on here do since this is my first time watching along with a season, I only originally watched because Dan was gonna be on the show but since I've never had the attachment to the previous format I've quite enjoyed this series.

The 70 people in the audience has me wondering who they are. Each housemate brought one family/friend so there’s 20 people already and they didn’t advertise on any ticketing websites for audience members. Does the 70 include the housemates and crew as well?
Remember when they used to bring in all their crew and staff for the Ten era Nominations and FNL audiences? lol. You could always tell because there was that one idiot who made the exact same loud horn-like cheer for every single goddamn live show.

Pretty much accepted that the Chadster is gonna take it out, not mad at all, was honest all season,didn't play a great game sure, but if it's not Dan I'm happy it's him. I feel I don't have the same annoyance at this season of Big Brother as the rest on here do since this is my first time watching along with a season, I only originally watched because Dan was gonna be on the show but since I've never had the attachment to the previous format I've quite enjoyed this series.

Chad winning would make me feel meh tbh. And make me fear for the future of big brother.

Will you be strategic?
Yes. Play a facade, I'd be the youngest so that'd automatically make them not think I was a threat, but I'd always be scheming in the background picking people off. If being young worked for Sarah and having a dead Dad worked for Chad then those two combined for me sounds like a winning combo

Yes. Play a facade, I'd be the youngest so that'd automatically make them not think I was a threat, but I'd always be scheming in the background picking people off. If being young worked for Sarah and having a dead Dad worked for Chad then those two combined for me sounds like a winning combo

Sarah's dad is dead too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back