• Relieved

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Mixed

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? That makes no sense at all.
There should be a buildup and a reason for people to watch the show and engage which is what has been lacking the whole series.

A common hook in a show is that you leave the reason people are waiting to see until the end so they stay and watch. Announcing the winner at the start makes no sense.
Past BB's the voting closes during the finale, there is no reason to close voting beforehand unless they are filming the Finale on delay of a few hours.

through-rose-tinted-glasses.jpeg
Haha! I love my rose-coloured glasses. Own them with pride!

Have you seen a survivor reunion? Past BB series finales weren't the same. This will be more akin to survivor finale

I’m actually quite excited for tonight. I have forgotten how much I love Big Brother since it was on last in 2014 and this season has been entertaining and brought back the passion for the show

The 70 people in the audience has me wondering who they are. Each housemate brought one family/friend so there’s 20 people already and they didn’t advertise on any ticketing websites for audience members. Does the 70 include the housemates and crew as well?
:inlove:

Haha! I love my rose-coloured glasses. Own them with pride!

Have you seen a survivor reunion? Past BB series finales weren't the same. This will be more akin to survivor finale

There is no incentive for anyone to keep watching if the winner is announced at the start of the show. That's why the reunion show on Survivor always has a big drop off in ratings from the final episode.

It is unfortunate that was what Dan was seeking out from appearing on the show. But on the other hand it seems to be hard in today’s world to find housemates who want to go in for the experience, the dream and not a media career.

There is no incentive for anyone to keep watching if the winner is announced at the start of the show. That's why the reunion show on Survivor always has a big drop off in ratings from the final episode.
They will probably just code the first 15mins separate!

They will probably just code the first 15mins separate!
Seven won't allow that to happen. Sponsors will have certain ads throughout certain periods of the program they can't justify announced the winner first up, their delivery will tank and sponsors will request refunds or makegood. They will want to show the retention of audience for the finale through to the end so when they are trying to sell it to sponsors next year, it will look good on paper and more will sign on.

Further to this the industry has just been told that the issue with the Oztam Ratings system will extend into tomorrow meaning no rating reporting will be available tomorrow. Seven will want this to look good for the sponsors when they finally get the data, Sponsors and Seven will already be pissed at this situation. There is no way they will risk this being worse by giving the audience the winner at the start.
If they do they are fuckwits.

Dan's face in the Sunrise interview and Kyle and Jackie O when most of the attention was on Chad and Sophie is pretty telling.

Mat went on @Blackbox Ben Rob and Robbo show today. He admitted he got his head too into the game and probably over reacted. Said that Dan has been in an 'interesting' headspace hence his no show on the BRR Eye on BB podcast. Mat said he wouldn't be the person who blamed the editing. Redeemed him a bit in my estimation.

Reactions: mad
Seven won't allow that to happen. Sponsors will have certain ads throughout certain periods of the program they can't justify announced the winner first up, their delivery will tank and sponsors will request refunds or makegood. They will want to show the retention of audience for the finale through to the end so when they are trying to sell it to sponsors next year, it will look good on paper and more will sign on.
Yeah fair enough, you make good points. I don't necessarily disagree.
I'm just assuming it's going to be modelled on Survivor finale, and I don't mind that myself.. I want them to chat in light of who won.. not the other way around.

We'll see soon how they go.

The Survivor finale has a finel ep first, including the tedious memories recap walk... before the winner announcement/reunion though.
Which is basically what last night was, recap and final challenge. They needed to add a day in between as this has got audience voting.

Which is basically what last night was, recap and final challenge. They needed to add a day in between as this has got audience voting.
That's a major difference though. I did wonder at some point much earlier though if they might start with the winer announcement but really there's no chance of that. 100% we'll get recaps yet again.

That's a major difference though. I did wonder at some point much earlier though if they might start with the winer announcement but really there's no chance of that. 100% we'll get recaps yet again.
I'm happy either way! Just suggesting a possible reason for voting to close at the start of the show.

Also: I have heard whispers Mike may be involved in tonight's finale in some capacity. Based on the source I got this from within the network, I reckon there's a 50% chance of it.

Well, I wish he was.

It's pretty funny they managed to screw every single aspect of the show, format, host, fill in the blanks, and now they have screwed up the voting!

There are conflicting reports. So it appears nobody really knows!
I expect the voting will close once they get their desired response!

This is so bad. Still, I watch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back