Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Relieved

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Mixed

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting watch - must have missed Sunrise this morning - I'd already voted - for Chad - I guess it was the injured player winning the last challenge. Not really invested in any of the final three - I was disappointed when Angela was finally booted. I did think I would have been a fan of Garth - but he didn't get much positive screen time

I feel like the live element will be very short, well rehearsed and rigid. I'm thinking a Survivor-like final - see the housemates and the audience, welcome back, a few questions here and there, then some instructions into how to vote, and then the 3 housemate packages, which should go on for 15 or so minutes.

Reminder given on how to vote and votes closing in a few minutes (kind of like the original format), followed by another reel featuring all of the housemates.

Following that, there maybe a few more questions to the 3 finalists, then reveal. Confetti and emotions and the winner crying with joy, then a reminder to apply for next season, closing off with credits and us sighing in disgust.

Edit: This idea of how the episode will go has been blown out of the water since it has been revealed that voting will close when the episode starts. Poor form from Ch 7 (more on this in another post)

Last edited:
According the the instagram of EXavier- seems there is a hangover bus driving them to the finale. Wonder if it is going to be done on delay? Filmed around 5pm and aired later. Sonia probably needs to do x1000 take son everything.

EDIT: has since been deleted.

Last edited:
Channel 7 have ROYALLY screwed up the final, arguably THE MOST important element of the show. I'm reiterating some points that have been made elsewhere here, to highlight the unprofessional way in which this has been handled. Please bare with me here, for this moment, forget about who the individuals are and your feelings towards them, and look at this in a clinical mindset with no feelings.

• West Coast Australia received graphics at the end of episode 20 telling them they could now vote and how to. This did not appear in South Australia, Queensland, ACT & NSW versions (possibly NT version too). This makes sense because the live show is delayed in West Australia, South Australia to an extent, and they wouldn't ordinarily be able to vote live anyway and would thus miss out. That's fair... But, it has now been revealed that voting closes before the final episode airs on the East Coast, with the result that people who don't follow social media won't be voting. Sonia clearly said in Episode 20 that we would be voting in tonight's episode.
  • Voting was opened at the end of an episode which had a clear bias in favor of a specific housemate. One should argue that, ideally, the message should be conveyed clearly on how the voting process works, and to present the various arcs of each housemate in a clear and fair manner before announcing the votes opening. This has not happened. Anybody who has seen the original Big Brother format knows how this works.
  • The voting mechanism is flawed and allows for bots and techniques to skew results.
That's just how it is, I guess my hopes were set a bit high that the final could have made the show. It seems that production have essentially written in who the winner is of their show.

Welcome to BB on 7 in 2020 :) We always knew they would royally fuck the life out of it and destroy any form of integrity within it.

Controversial but I feel Amelia is WORSE than Alex Mav. Sure he did a lot of shit stuff but this Survivor lady has really killed this show beyond recognition. I am really surprised Endemol allowed this to happen to the format. I can't see it remaining in this "style" beyond another 2 seasons, which really makes you wonder why Endemol would risk the long term life of the format in this country. I think it may be whoever is heading the Australian Branch has really screwed it up

Also: I have heard whispers Mike may be involved in tonight's finale in some capacity. Based on the source I got this from within the network, I reckon there's a 50% chance of it.

Last edited:
Controversial but I feel Amelia is WORSE than Alex Mav. Sure he did a lot of shit stuff but this Survivor lady has really killed this show beyond recognition. I am really surprised Endemol allowed this to happen.
1000000%!

I was just thinking about the challenges and how earlier ones were mainly about endurance, sometimes strength or balance, not really about strategy, certainly none about brains, and the last couple have been all about cardio fitness. Considering there would be a lot of planning involved with the challenges, as the amount of people taking part impacts the order of each one, it is as though the producers knew the final four HMs would be incredibly fit, and that there wouldn't be some poor schlub like Keiran disadvantaged at the final hurdle. Imagine past HMs who've contributed so much with great entertainment value, wit, personality, eccentricity, etc - people like Sarah Marie and Chrissie - competing besides Dan or Chad in physical challenges. They would have been out, despite their worthiness and public popularity. If there must be challenges, why can't they give the audience insight into their characters, like Derren Brown style psychological experiments? Who cares who can pour corn kernels down a funnel!

Is it weird that Chad and Sophie seem to have been the only ones who haven't been involved in any of the housemate catchups since they've been in Sydney? I understand they're in the final 3 but even Dan's been hanging out with everyone. I've seen everyone hanging out except for those two and the Melbourne contestants

Is it weird that Chad and Sophie seem to have been the only ones who haven't been involved in any of the housemate catchups since they've been in Sydney? I understand they're in the final 3 but even Dan's been hanging out with everyone. I've seen everyone hanging out except for those two and the Melbourne contestants
To be fair I think only the "Dan Gang" have been hanging out. Haven't seen Marissa, Anglea, Kieran etc around them. It is interesting that Sophie and Chad haven't been with that group though. Maybe there is still a bit of bad blood over the White room scenario?

To be fair I think only the "Dan Gang" have been hanging out. Haven't seen Marissa, Anglea, Kieran etc around them. It is interesting that Sophie and Chad haven't been with that group though. Maybe there is still a bit of bad blood over the White room scenario?
There was the karaoke night where the Alphas and Kieran, Angela, Garth and Sarah were all together. Sophie and Chad nowhere to be found with anyone though.

There was the karaoke night where the Alphas and Kieran, Angela, Garth and Sarah were all together. Sophie and Chad nowhere to be found with anyone though.
Well Sophie only flew in for the final apparently, so maybe she wasn't in the state at that period?

Possibly Chad may have not felt comfortable being in groups due to COVID? I think he has spoken out a bit on mental health during the COVID 19 lock down.

Well Sophie only flew in for the final apparently, so maybe she wasn't in the state at that period?

Possibly Chad may have not felt comfortable being in groups due to COVID? I think he has spoken out a bit on mental health during the COVID 19 lock down.
That could be it, seems Sophie and Chad are trying to give it a go too on the outside, dunno how long it will last though. Think Chad is silly to split the money with her if he wins.

Seems tonight show is due to finish at 8:40 with Americas Got Talent on. 70 minute show. Shall be interesting.

Seems tonight show is due to finish at 8:40 with Americas Got Talent on. 70 minute show. Shall be interesting.
Correct. It feels strange that the finale will be the shortest episode of the season, but I guess there isn’t footage and recaps to pad the time out. If anything it should all be fairly concise and straight to the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back