Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Relieved

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Mixed

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of revealing voting data back in the Ten era did they reveal the number of votes cast or just the percentage? I was looking for comparable data to the 700k votes cast this year but could only find percentages, but I'm sure they used to reveal at least how many voted in the final most years too.
I can only ever recall them revealing the actual vote amount in the very, very early evictions.

I’ve just checked and they included the tally for the first four evictions only. They reverted to showing only the percentages after this and that is how it remained until 2014. There might’ve been other instances where Gretel/Sonia may have verbally mentioned a number, but nothing official.

Here’s how the graph was presented at the first eviction in 2001:

81C331C6-25C2-4C19-A0A5-FBD98FC9FF3B.jpeg

It would definitely be interesting to know how many were voting during the peak of the Ten era.

Last edited:
If they got that many for the first eviction I'd certainly have thought they'd get over a million for the final, quite comfortably actually.

Am I right in thinking too it was one vote per registered email address per device for the final this year, or did you have a number of votes to split?

If they got that many for the first eviction I'd certainly have thought they'd get over a million for the final, quite comfortably actually.

Am I right in thinking too it was one vote per registered email address per device for the final this year, or did you have a number of votes to split?
Yeah can’t really compare to the amount of votes from previous seasons.
One vote per person (per email) this year so some may have made multiple email account registrations, but I’d think the majority would be unique individual votes.

Technically it is possible that he got less than 4,500 out of those 700,000 votes. Unlikely but certainly possible.

View attachment 55972

I’m still very interested to know these percentages (and wishfully hoping they’ll somehow still release them, but I’m doubtful). Also disappointed they didn’t reveal it live - if only to see the Alpha’s reactions!

Honestly though, even if we don’t get the tally I just want to know which finalist technically came second. Based on Mat’s comment, I predict it might’ve been Sophie.

Who can we ask to find out?!

I think Ben Norris was also aware of the voting percentages as he joked about placing a bet on Chad to win just before the voting closed.

Yeah can’t really compare to the amount of votes from previous seasons.
One vote per person (per email) this year so some may have made multiple email account registrations, but I’d think the majority would be unique individual votes.
700k is quite remarkable though. ITV reality shows have used free app voting for years now but it is usually five votes per user (per device), so instantly that inflates the number of votes they receive five fold. Similarly with the recent records in Big Brother Brazil of around 1.5 billion votes I think people could vote 10 or 20 times, so inflating the numbers massively. I'm not sure Big Brother is so engaging that people will be setting up numerous emails to vote, so 700k is quite remarkable, especially as they didn't advertise the voting to half the country when it opened.

700k is quite remarkable though. ITV reality shows have used free app voting for years now but it is usually five votes per user (per device), so instantly that inflates the number of votes they receive five fold. Similarly with the recent records in Big Brother Brazil of around 1.5 billion votes I think people could vote 10 or 20 times, so inflating the numbers massively. I'm not sure Big Brother is so engaging that people will be setting up numerous emails to vote, so 700k is quite remarkable, especially as they didn't advertise the voting to half the country when it opened.

I saw a few people on Facebook saying they voted using multiple email addresses that they already had set up to vote.

Oh! Haha I thought you were trying to say it wasn’t very good.
I thought it was excellent and I agree there would be a minimal amount of people bothering to register with multiple email addys. So yeah. Also for me shows that the there are a heck of a lot of people watching it this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back